Midwinter Update is now available!

+
Very good update in general but with the Unseen Elder complete change you destroyed my consume deck. The least you could do, would be to give people a choice if they want to swap their Unseen Elders with Arachas Queen. Destroyed my win/loss ratio trying to gather materials to create the queen. And i m still not even close. I ll be forced to stop playing ranked for a while

Paris155;n10067671 said:
Very good update in general but with the Unseen Elder complete change you destroyed my consume deck. The least you could do, would be to give people a choice if they want to swap their Unseen Elders with Arachas Queen. Destroyed my win/loss ratio trying to gather materials to create the queen. And i m still not even close. I ll be forced to stop playing ranked for a while

I couldn't agree more. I would have been fine with them swaping Unseen elder with Arachas queen (like now you own Arachas queen and need to get Unseen elder again) because effect wise, it feels like a step back for the consume player.

GenLiu;n10069601 said:
I couldn't agree more. I would have been fine with them swaping Unseen elder with Arachas queen (like now you own Arachas queen and need to get Unseen elder again) because effect wise, it feels like a step back for the consume player.

Thanks man. I gave your post a red point is that a good thing? Sorry i m noob in the forums :D

This patch is a joke! Was this meant for mobile phones or did someone accidentally put this "update" for PC?

I get it that CDPR wants to launch Gwent onto mobile platforms, but downgrading PC/console game for that sole purpose? After Gold immunity update, many strategies fell under a boost/control ram and boom decks and cards, now this? The floating cards, all cards are agile, the smaller fonts, the cards with create/spawn ability that have really no effect on the strategy you play only to increase RNG, so strategies are more dead with this update? The opponent is mixing, spawning, mulligan a card and everything we see is a floating turned card with nothing like "opponent is..." and then all of a sudden some cards just boom, ram, boost and that's it. Why play a copy of Hearthstone when you can play Hearthstone also for free? When Gwent was launched, it was something different, something better. For the sake of e-sports and players who are already on TCG/CCG Hearthstone/TES Legends scene, you destroyed the mechanics and game as overall. Maybe you should stop with this and get to work on Cyberpunk?

On the next "Big Spring Easter Gwent" patch, your cards will go to sleep when placed on the board and you will have to destroy taunt cards in order to damage other cards on the board! Cheers from Blizz... sorry, I mean CD Projekt Red and Gwent team! Enjoy!

PEGI rated "G" for gibberish in Europe, BBFC rated "J" for joke in UK and ESRB rated "NS" fo nonsense strategies in US and Canada.

And the summer update will get your very own child in the kindergarten with this extra Skellige pop-up spawning-random-cards-you-don't-need Deck. Order now for -99.99!

Paris155;n10072581 said:
Thanks man. I gave your post a red point is that a good thing? Sorry i m noob in the forums :D

No problem ^^
Yes, Redpoint is a good thing, I wanted to give you one back in return but I'm not gonna lie here, I have no idea how to give one (I can see enyone's RP but I can't interact with it).

Also, one more thing I wanted to say about the patch (so I'm not completely off topic on that one) is that Skellige as become really strange.
I have no issue with the whole "targetted resurrection" and synergy between the different clans theme but I can't help but thinking that they should probably rework the clan that each unit bellongs to because right now, it's such a mess you can't really build anything reliable.

I'm thinking about Pirate captain and Skald for exampole. Those two cards are not going to be playable any time soon since every unit of a single clan serves completely different strategies. For example if you want to try a "Dimun" deck with Pirate captain as a kicker, You'll have to choose between light longship (self-wounding) Corsaire (probably the only one that's going somewhere...ish), Clan pirate (discard)...Warship (Harald)...

The same stands for priestess of Freya. She can resurrect a soldier but honestly, it's pretty much impossible to build a "good" deck without a single machine/support and you can't afford a 1 point blank because you have no viable target when you're playing this game...like not at all.

So, again, I love the idea and the direction they took with this faction but I'm not sure about the clan/type distribution right now...

Last edited:
GenLiu;n10078921 said:
No problem ^^
Yes, Redpoint is a good thing, I wanted to give you one back in return but I'm not gonna lie here, I have no idea how to give one (I can see enyone's RP but I can't interact with it).

Just click the REDpoint text below the post that you want to REDpoint :) It might be a bit "stuck" sometimes, so you may have to click it few times if the first one didn't register.

PS: Mobile users may have to turn their phones sideways to see that option.

Sunsibar;n10078951 said:
Just click the REDpoint text below the post that you want to REDpoint :) It might be a bit "stuck" sometimes, so you may have to click it few times if the first one didn't register.

PS: Mobile users may have to turn their phones sideways to see that option.

In fact I see the "redpoint" text with the number next to it that shows how many each user has but when I click it, for whatever reason, it doesn't work.. Even if I insist, try to click it multiple times it just doesn't want to work.

I know it's weird but I think it's due to my navigator (I'm using Chrome).
I'm saying that because I'm pretty sure I gave Redpoint while using my laptop (which runs Firefox). But my laptop isn't at home right now.
Thanks for the help.

I kind of don't feel like playing until Quen is put back in the game.

It took me a while to figure out that Quen had been replaced by that wyvern scale shield... not happy about that.

When is it scheduled the next update? Is there any section on the forum about the works in progress. Keep up the good work!

Well i wasted 800 and bought aranchas queen the other day, please don t change the leader skill again in a future update, the currency to create cards is hard to come by and i d rather use it to make useful new cards instead of wasting them :p . There is a bug after the update that gives the message connection lost or opponent connection lost at random times. If enough time passes and connection isn t restored, I lose in the first case and i win in the second. Please give a priority on fixing this

GenLiu;n10078921 said:
No problem ^^

Also, one more thing I wanted to say about the patch (so I'm not completely off topic on that one) is that Skellige as become really strange.
I have no issue with the whole "targetted resurrection" and synergy between the different clans theme but I can't help but thinking that they should probably rework the clan that each unit bellongs to because right now, it's such a mess you can't really build anything reliable.

I'm thinking about Pirate captain and Skald for exampole. Those two cards are not going to be playable any time soon since every unit of a single clan serves completely different strategies. For example if you want to try a "Dimun" deck with Pirate captain as a kicker, You'll have to choose between light longship (self-wounding) Corsaire (probably the only one that's going somewhere...ish), Clan pirate (discard)...Warship (Harald)...

The same stands for priestess of Freya. She can resurrect a soldier but honestly, it's pretty much impossible to build a "good" deck without a single machine/support and you can't afford a 1 point blank because you have no viable target when you're playing this game...like not at all.

So, again, I love the idea and the direction they took with this faction but I'm not sure about the clan/type distribution right now...

Well I only played consume deck till now, I just made a Skellige deck for the quests that come by from time to time(Win 5 games playing as Skellige). I made Bran leader and play resurrection with 2 Clan Skirmisher, 3 Priestess of Freya, 3 Clan Warcrier and 2 Clan Shieldsmith. Marching Orders and Decoy are a must for more Priestesses and I also have a couple of cards that let me discard more. It works out quite well in casual matches even though i didn t put too much thought in it. But I agree that it would be cool if subcategories were clearer in all factions. It would be nice to have a filter for all Temeria units or Redanian for example, especially for roleplaying purposes :)

Sorry but this must be the saddest update ive ever seen. You've ruined all of my decks, and those weren't even meta decks.
You updated the game at dec 19, thats the week holidays begin and then you gave us 3 days to mill the nerfed cards. thats such a bad move, most people dont have the time to play during the holidays.

also cards got nerfed / changed and you didnt even offer refunds for them. Why did you change regis and magne divison? those cards were weak as hell. Ive crafted a golden regis because he was semi usefull and the golden card looks awesome. Now hes completely useless and i cant even mill him.

but all the meta decks didnt get a single change. spys are still fucking op as hell and none of the old spy cards got a change.

seriously cant say if you wanted people to stop playing, but this is how you do it.

edit: also i noticed you removed all the veteran tags, but didnt write anything in the patchnotes. so all the veteran cards got nerfed

Last edited:
I have to admit, as much as I like the patch, the fact that unseen elder -> arachas queen enforces "wasting" 800 scraps, just to be able to play a deck one already had, which is a mean and unnecessary move.
Not to mention that with the addition of "kaedwen's curse" a.k.a. cursed northern realms (including the kaedweni revenants) the entire curse is part of northern realms, except for the main card of it, which is for some reason still part of monsters, despite no monster deck even running them (and the huge army part being northern realm's style), it would be a great late game card for cursed northern realms and should change factions.
Beyond that grave hag does the same kind of thing for monsters anyways (without yen interaction).
[Also it should be time for a grave hag buff or rework, given that its design is completely outcrept).

Last edited:
CRO_Revan;n10075051 said:
When Gwent was launched, it was something different, something better.

True. I started a new account this week and the "challenges" are really boring now. It's like boost this, remove that, rinse and repeat. Most of the game looks the same.

Top Bottom