Recommend me a New Deck

+
It's tricky to make something with the cards you have. Maybe a dwarf deck could work though.

Maybe you can work with a deck like that...

Leader: Brouver

Gold: Triss, Geralt, Saesenthessis, Royal Decree

Silver: Barclay Els, Cleaver, Artefact Compression, Vaedermakar, Ciaran - 6th silver card could be something like Yaevinn

Bronze: You seem to have quite a few bronze Dwarf cards you could try out (Skirmishers, Mercenary...). Plus first light to clear weather and reconnaissance for thinning. Besides, most ST decks unfortunately have Wardancers, so that also could be useful in your deck for card advantage and thinning.

Just make sure you don't have more than 25 cards in your deck.

No idea how well that deck will work but you are missing a lot of cards, so there's not really a fleshed out archetype you can craft yet.

Last edited:
Or another possibility could be a Northern Realm deck focused on armor.
Not the strongest archetype, but I find it enjoyable.

Leader: Radovid

Gold: Philippa, Geralt, Triss, Royal Decree

Silver: Sile de Tansarville, Decoy, Commander's Horn, Artefact Compression, Thaler, Prince Stennis

The idea here is to use Sile and Silver Special Cards for card-drawing, thus reducing the number of cards of your deck and increasing the chances of drawing precious gold cards.
Same concept with Stennis, which, if you go for Northern Realm, I would advise you to craft. Stennis has armor so it brings a bit of synergy and you can use Decoy on him.

Bronze: Redanian Elite (x2), Kaedweni Cavalry (x3), Redanian Knight-Elect (x3), Reinforced Trebuchet (x3)
The Tridam Infantry is worth considering and you might be considering crafting the missing Redanian Elite.

DRK3

Forum veteran
DeadlyMak Well, based on your golds and silvers, i would say go for Monsters Frost, where you could use all your Monster Golds, plus some decent silvers.

But to be honest i havent been seeing many Eredin players lately, the ones that do use it are definitely running the new Imlerith Sabbath. But im sure its not because its terrible, might not be as good as it once was but it still gets the job done.

If you want i can give the deck list i would make, but i would recommend you try your best yourself first.

DRK3;n10882951 said:
DeadlyMak Well, based on your golds and silvers, i would say go for Monsters Frost, where you could use all your Monster Golds, plus some decent silvers.

But to be honest i havent been seeing many Eredin players lately, the ones that do use it are definitely running the new Imlerith Sabbath. But im sure its not because its terrible, might not be as good as it once was but it still gets the job done.

If you want i can give the deck list i would make, but i would recommend you try your best yourself first.

Ghinko;n10883411 said:
I would also go for Monster Frost. Maybe craft Iris von Everec as finisher. (Frost & Wild Hunt Rider can kill her directly after you play her).
One more Biting Frost would also be good.

https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/47643-...ost/edit-guide

This one looks good. Just a question Old Speartip: Asleep buffs all other ogroid and i currently would only have 3 other ogroids which means it can provide 15 strength only if i get it early in round 1. If I'm unable to play him before the other ogroids he will be worse than Geralt?

sfruzz;n10882921 said:
Or another possibility could be a Northern Realm deck focused on armor.
Not the strongest archetype, but I find it enjoyable.

Leader: Radovid

Gold: Philippa, Geralt, Triss, Royal Decree

Silver: Sile de Tansarville, Decoy, Commander's Horn, Artefact Compression, Thaler, Prince Stennis

The idea here is to use Sile and Silver Special Cards for card-drawing, thus reducing the number of cards of your deck and increasing the chances of drawing precious gold cards.
Same concept with Stennis, which, if you go for Northern Realm, I would advise you to craft. Stennis has armor so it brings a bit of synergy and you can use Decoy on him.

Bronze: Redanian Elite (x2), Kaedweni Cavalry (x3), Redanian Knight-Elect (x3), Reinforced Trebuchet (x3)
The Tridam Infantry is worth considering and you might be considering crafting the missing Redanian Elite.
It kind of feels like a better starter deck, would it be worth investing in it by getting Stennis or elite? I mean would i have to replace it later?

devivre;n10882591 said:
It's tricky to make something with the cards you have. Maybe a dwarf deck could work though.

Maybe you can work with a deck like that...

Leader: Brouver

Gold: Triss, Geralt, Saesenthessis, Royal Decree

Silver: Barclay Els, Cleaver, Artefact Compression, Vaedermakar, Ciaran - 6th silver card could be something like Yaevinn

Bronze: You seem to have quite a few bronze Dwarf cards you could try out (Skirmishers, Mercenary...). Plus first light to clear weather and reconnaissance for thinning. Besides, most ST decks unfortunately have Wardancers, so that also could be useful in your deck for card advantage and thinning.

Just make sure you don't have more than 25 cards in your deck.

No idea how well that deck will work but you are missing a lot of cards, so there's not really a fleshed out archetype you can craft yet.

How do you play this? I can see a long round combo with Saesenthessis but if the opponent pushes a short round will i be at a big disadvantage?

Last edited:
DeadlyMak;n10886261 said:
It kind of feels like a better starter deck, would it be worth investing in it by getting Stennis or elite? I mean would i have to replace it later?

Nope, Redanian Elites and Stennis are staples of the armor deck. Usually most armor decks run 2 copies of each bronze and Ciri: Nova, Natalis, Shani and Sigismund Dijkstra though for their golds. While the latter 3 you can get gradually, the former imposes a limit on deck design, meaning that you have to have 2 copies of each bronze in your deck. Stennis is a great card to have all around so you can craft that by all means. And it doesn't get replaced. But later on, if you get Ciri: Nova, you'll have to drop the 3rd Redanian Elite.

Henselt Armor deck is a decent choice as well though, but there's not many units to tutor aside from Kaedweni Knight and Trebuchets

As ser2440 wrote, Stennis is a very strong an flexible silver. That's the sort of card you would ressurect with Shani.
Even if you were to move away from the Armor archetype, you would still hold Stennis in your Northern Realm deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
DeadlyMak My bad, i confused your Monsters Gold, i thought you had the other one. You see, Old Speartip used to be just one Gold with 2 effects but recently they separated it into 2 Golds and i still cant distingish each just by the artwork.

I thought you had the one that hits 5 enemies on a row for 2 damage, which could work with your drowners, but if its the one that strengthens the ogres and you dont have that many ogres, then its probably not worth it, like you said you would be better with Geralt, or i would suggest Triss, which is still weak but i would say 10 + 5 damage is better than just 15 pts (scorch target)

This one looks good. Just a question Old Speartip: Asleep buffs all other ogroid and i currently would only have 3 other ogroids which means it can provide 15 strength only if i get it early in round 1. If I'm unable to play him before the other ogroids he will be worse than Geralt?

Yeah it's not a strong or safe card. But it's a 19 point play if you have enough luck. Because each Ice Troll can deal 2 points more damage.

edit: If you eat the strengthened Cyclops with Ghoul it can even be a 20 Points play. xD But it's still a risky card.

Last edited:
Ghinko
I have been playing the frost eredin you both suggested for a while and had a good amount of wins (more than 60%) with it. However i can definitely see the weakness. It generates power over time through frost and if they have units that can clear power i lost a good amount of power on the board.

Meanwhile i can only summon 4 biting frost (3 through the card or hound which i can also guarantee through eredin and a through aeromancy). I 'm able to at least play 3 biting frost in most of the game. My strategy is usually to use upto 2 biting frost in the first round and try to win it at any stake and then dry pass round 2(because i cant waste any biting frost for it) and then proceed to round 3. If the opponent has first light or ways to clear weather,i'm basically screwed.

The last game i lost was against dwarfs who was able to use his units to move a friendly to unit out of frost and i didn't pull any of my 3 drowners(first time it happened and basically at the worst possible scenario) through out the game. This usually leads me to have a frost or hound in my hand so that incase an enemy uses his first light, i would be able to reapply it but have since frost generates value over time, having it in hand also means lost power.

Another weakness is if you win coin toss on the first round, you only have 2 reliable units to play. One is old speartip or cyclops, other depends on me applying frost and applying frost on an empty enemy board means i have to immediately use a drowner next turn.
Also how is ghoul into buffed dead Cyclops 20 points play. It only gives 16 points(4+12).
DRK3
I can see why it's not played much. Even with many weakness, it still can't fight against good decks. One game i had against a reveal deck who was able to smash me and win round one with 20+ points
(i had to pass as i was unable to to keep up) and then proceeded to do the same in round two. I had to lost up to 3 card advantage to win round two and was also was forced to use iris when i had only 3-4 units on the board( he revealed my iris, i didn't have much choice) while doing nothing to counter my frost. In round 3 when i ran out of cards in my hand, he had 3 cards. You can guess how to it went after that.

Last edited:
ser2440;n10886391 said:
Nope, Redanian Elites and Stennis are staples of the armor deck. Usually most armor decks run 2 copies of each bronze and Ciri: Nova, Natalis, Shani and Sigismund Dijkstra though for their golds. While the latter 3 you can get gradually, the former imposes a limit on deck design, meaning that you have to have 2 copies of each bronze in your deck. Stennis is a great card to have all around so you can craft that by all means. And it doesn't get replaced. But later on, if you get Ciri: Nova, you'll have to drop the 3rd Redanian Elite.

Henselt Armor deck is a decent choice as well though, but there's not many units to tutor aside from Kaedweni Knight and Trebuchets

sfruzz;n10886921 said:
As ser2440 wrote, Stennis is a very strong an flexible silver. That's the sort of card you would ressurect with Shani.
Even if you were to move away from the Armor archetype, you would still hold Stennis in your Northern Realm deck.

Well i got enough scraps from playing Eredin frost to buy a silver. So i will give your deck a try and buy Stennis. I was wondering if i can implement Iris into it. Since the risk of running Iris is opponent locking it, wouldn't Radovid unlock it and deal 4 damage?

Edit: Oops wanted to merge it into the previous post but doesn't seem like there's an option to do it now.

Last edited:
DeadlyMak;n10915628 said:
Well i got enough scraps from playing Eredin frost to buy a silver. So i will give your deck a try and buy Stennis. I was wondering if i can implement iris into it. Since the risk of running iris is opponent locking it, wouldn't Radovid unlock it and deal 4 damage?

I don't know actually. Never tried it. Don't know if the locking happens first or the damage dealing does.

DeadlyMak;n10915619 said:
Ghinko
Also how is ghoul into buffed dead Cyclops 20 points play. It only gives 16 points(4+12).

I referred to the Old Speartip. He gives an extra score (20 instead of 19), because the strengthened ogre can be eaten.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, reveal decks can be deadly specially in R1 assuming they do leader play after putting a mangonel, but usually they're left with little for R2 and R3, usually immediately shutting down the mangonels is the best you can do, which can be hard with frost eredin (only nithral is good for that)

DeadlyMak;n10915628 said:
Well i got enough scraps from playing Eredin frost to buy a silver. So i will give your deck a try and buy Stennis. I was wondering if i can implement Iris into it. Since the risk of running Iris is opponent locking it, wouldn't Radovid unlock it and deal 4 damage?

Edit: Oops wanted to merge it into the previous post but doesn't seem like there's an option to do it now.

If you're going to use Iris in a NR deck, make sure it has multiple ways of dealing damage. Also, you dont have to worry with Radovid's ability as he only deals 4 damage when locking opponents, and since iris goes unto his board, if he locks it it wont do damage, but you still need to unlock her.

Lastly, locking is NOT your biggest concern to Iris, the enemy can either buff it so you cant destroy her, or worse, banish it, making it impossible to counter that. Mandrake is the most popular card which can do that, so beware of decks that usually run it, like NG Alchemy.

DRK3;n10916957 said:
If you're going to use Iris in a NR deck, make sure it has multiple ways of dealing damage. Also, you dont have to worry with Radovid's ability as he only deals 4 damage when locking opponents, and since iris goes unto his board, if he locks it it wont do damage, but you still need to unlock her.

I meant if my Radovid would trigger it but this wasn't the case as i tried it in a practice. He actually locks before he does damage so i have to depend on the enemy to lock it in first place and that wasn't reliable so i skipped it.

So i crafted Stennis and went ahead with sfruzz 's armor deck. I didn't have scraps for the extra Redanian Elite after crafting Stennis so i added a Redanian Knight. I climbed from rank 6 to rank 9 with it but after reaching rank 9, the deck felt like a disaster. I lost 5 out of last 6 ranked game i played. Half of which i lost to a good margin of 20-30 points in round 3. What am i doing wrong? Did the deck outlive it's usefulness?

DeadlyMak;n10922831 said:
So i crafted Stennis and went ahead with sfruzz 's armor deck. I didn't have scraps for the extra Redanian Elite after crafting Stennis so i added a Redanian Knight. I climbed from rank 6 to rank 9 with it but after reaching rank 9, the deck felt like a disaster. I lost 5 out of last 6 ranked game i played. Half of which i lost to a good margin of 20-30 points in round 3. What am i doing wrong? Did the deck outlive it's usefulness?

If you lost so decisively some tweaks are required or a shift to something more performing.
Which kind of decks are your opponents running? Can you draw some inspiration from them even with a small pool of cards?
Sometimes when I lose hard against a given card I feel encouraged to add it to my own deck (if said card is avaiable to me).

So previous season I was running a Nova armor deck with Vincent Meis, at rank 15 I got stuck and I had to play some meta deck to climb further: the infamous Henselt machine.

I think the most important advise here;

Play something new ;-)

I went from bloodmmoon to soldierspawn, from spellatteal to frost.

Just take something and have fun with it. I`m currently enjoying veteran skellige, which (for me) suprisingly hold it`s footing above 4k mmr

Check my Harold and Frett thread in skellige section, killer deck right there, super fun to use, never seen anyone play it and very effective if you make the right judgement calls.

sfruzz;n10923572 said:
If you lost so decisively some tweaks are required or a shift to something more performing.
Which kind of decks are your opponents running? Can you draw some inspiration from them even with a small pool of cards?
Sometimes when I lose hard against a given card I feel encouraged to add it to my own deck (if said card is avaiable to me).

So previous season I was running a Nova armor deck with Vincent Meis, at rank 15 I got stuck and I had to play some meta deck to climb further: the infamous Henselt machine.

The deck just doesn't have enough power, the knight elect gets countered extremely easily while the trebuchet usually attracts alzur's thunder. I'm mostly left with Redanian knight/tridam infantry + kaedwani calvalry and that doesn't seem to be enough in the long term. Only thing i can think of is adding thunderbolt instead of tridam infanty/regular knight for knight elect but i'm unsure if it will be enough.

I can see some high upvoted decks in gwentdb but all of them are mostly full builds that depend on gold combos and finisher which i lack. They also lack a crafting order which denotes that you need the full build except 1 or 2 cards. For example, in closed beta, i started with monster starter deck and i was able to slowly modify it into a consume deck. The consume deck(at-least at that time) mainly depended on bronze cards for power (Nekkers,Vran, Behemoth), these cards were much easier to craft(because they were bronze) and i was able to make an impact without having the necessary gold at start. There were also the best build when you reach higher rank so investing in them was never a bad idea in the long term.

I'm looking for a similar build where bronze would act as more of a powerhouse while gold would support or act as backup in case something goes wrong. I would also like to invest in a deck that would have viability in the higher levels so i don't reach a brick wall again. I have around 440 scraps to work with.

SoSaHer;n10923653 said:
I think the most important advise here;

Play something new ;-)

I went from bloodmmoon to soldierspawn, from spellatteal to frost.

Just take something and have fun with it. I`m currently enjoying veteran skellige, which (for me) suprisingly hold it`s footing above 4k mmr

I wish i have that luxury. Do you just scrap your old deck to make the new deck? I mean even in that case it would only give you 1/3 of the scraps and i would assume at that MMR, relevant gold cards must be really important.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10924106 said:
Check my Harold and Frett thread in skellige section, killer deck right there, super fun to use, never seen anyone play it and very effective if you make the right judgement calls.

I checked your thread. I read about your combos which looks really good but i can't find your full deck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom