Connection Issues: Public Beta

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just played a game. In the last round, when he had already won, a connection issue came up on his end which made me win the game. I would be very pissed if I were that person, so please give him a win and take a win out of me.

Please fix the connection issues asap!

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm posting here because I'm not allowed to create a new topic, nor are there any appropriate topics for me to post something of this nature.

I'd just like to point out a HUGE exploit/bug you have in the ranked ladder. My opponent has seemingly disconnected, then reconnected as would be expected with signal loss. But when the my opponent joins back, it is my turn and I am unable to play any cards until the client crashes and I get a message that the game cannot be continued. I am attaching the photo of the most recent instance of this that took place a couple minutes ago (via link, because the uploader wouldn't let me upload the photo.) I have now faced this problem on two separate instances.

I initially thought this was just a bug, but on the second time, my opponent was emoting shortly after reconnecting, leading me to believe he was in full awareness of what was going to happen next. My opponent was also losing in 1-2 turns, so the timing was somewhat impeccable for him... The match ends as a draw, but registers as a loss for me and a win for my opponent on my GwentUp profile and winrate.

I love the game and have said nothing but good things about it. But shit like this makes me want to stop playing, like immediately. I would genuinely appreciate a developer's response to this.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
squibber Hi and welcome to the forums. I've moved your post to tech support in a thread dedicated to discussing connection issues.

Ellyum squibber More often than not, it's not an exploit used by the opponent, but rather an instability in the connection of the game. If you (still) have your doubts and want to report a player, you can do so by contacting support directly. Only they can check the match and see if something was off. In any case, please do not mention the player's name on the forums.

4RM3D;n10724021 said:
squibber Hi and welcome to the forums. I've moved your post to tech support in a thread dedicated to discussing connection issues.

Ellyum squibber More often than not, it's not an exploit used by the opponent, but rather an instability in the connection of the game. If you (still) have your doubts and want to report a player, you can do so by contacting support directly. Only they can check the match and see if something was off. In any case, please do not mention the player's name on the forums.

Very sorry about posting in the wrong location. Didn't know this thread existed. I also apologize for the mention of the player's name. I simply wanted to assure that this issue was brought to light in the off-chance that it is, in fact something that can be replicated at will.

I also believe that a draw should be handed to players in this position. I outplayed my opponent throughout the entirety of the game to be handed a loss at the end and that's incredibly demoralizing. A draw is at least a fair compromise for connection instability given that the game is still in beta.

Thank you for your response, also.

squibber;n10724051 said:
Very sorry about posting in the wrong location. Didn't know this thread existed. I also apologize for the mention of the player's name.

No worries, you are a new user, so it's understandable you don't know about this thread or the rules.

squibber;n10724051 said:
I also believe that a draw should be handed to players in this position. I outplayed my opponent throughout the entirety of the game to be handed a loss at the end and that's incredibly demoralizing. A draw is at least a fair compromise for connection instability given that the game is still in beta.

This suggestion has been made before. The problem is that players can easily fake a disconnect to avoid losing MMR in ranked play.

4RM3D;n10724101 said:
The problem is that players can easily fake a disconnect to avoid losing MMR in ranked play.

I had considered that, but doesn't that still make more sense than the current manner? Now it's essentially a kamikaze fake disconnect with a potential benefit. If someone is going to lose the game anyway, as was the case in my instance, flipping a coin for a potential win is a no-brainer when the alternative is a definitive loss. However, I understand my bias, given I was just on the unfortunate end of things. In casual, the win/loss doesn't particularly matter, but in Ranked, it certainly does. I just feel like there has to be a better solution.

Sorry to keep ranting about this one game. I'd just like a little more of an understanding. Thanks again for your time and patience.

squibber;n10724161 said:
I had considered that, but doesn't that still make more sense than the current manner?.

During beta there already have been a lot of experiments, even with disconnects not getting punished. Didn't go so well. Whenever something can be exploited, you can be sure that a lot of people will do that.

devivre;n10725801 said:
During beta there already have been a lot of experiments, even with disconnects not getting punished. Didn't go so well. Whenever something can be exploited, you can be sure that a lot of people will do that.

Fair enough. I get that. Unfortunate for those of us who abide by the rules & ToS, but what're you going to do? Haha. Thanks, you guys for the help and insight.

What is going on with connection problems today??

Wanted to pick up a few ranking points in the last five hours of season but can't finish a bloody game. Had to "forfeit" two in a row, rebooted and it's freaking worse. My internet is fine and this is really annoying

Fix "local client connecton" problem, please*

Stable internet?
Browsers and online suff working?
Everything is fine?

Not for Gwent
Just... Why? Why client cann't not to lose connection or even cann't simply properly reconnect to the game in progress?
Like... Why?

RussianMew;n10747621 said:
Stable internet?
Browsers and online suff working?
Everything is fine?

Not for Gwent
Just... Why? Why client cann't not to lose connection or even cann't simply properly reconnect to the game in progress?
Like... Why?

It's the story of my last two weeks, it began slowly with small lags here and there, to full 20 seconds delays on every action, and disconnection because of "problem with the local client". I tried everything, and nothing changed.

However the game magically happened to work again 4 days ago, no lag, nothing, which was nice, but since yesterday it's lagging again, and it's literally unplayable.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's not coming from me, but from the servers. I contacted support anyway, but still wait their answer.

disconnects in arena

Kind of irritated here. My last 10 or so arena runs have been terrible due to the draws I was getting. My opponents would disconnect and I'd get a win here and there.. I finally drafted a unbeatable deck. Shupe, 2 dikstras, blue dream, kera, canthir, seltrik, 17 point monster as my round 3 hand. among many other good cards, 10 gold, 6 bronze.. The last two games have ended with me winning in round 3 only to get a disconnect that puts the loss on me. So now I'm stuck with 2 losses on a for sure 9 win deck..

I've never had disconnect issue like this, at least don't count these as losses, not everyone is disconnecting to cheat, could it be my opponent? I have solid internet at home.

Since the update with the gameboard skins i get the error message "Service interrupted. Please verify your connection".
It takes about 4 minutes of loading before i get this error. Currently i am not able to play the game at all.

I already used the repair function, reinstalled GOG + Gwent, disabled antivirus/firewall, restarted the router.

KHY02;n10915652 said:
Since the update with the gameboard skins i get the error message "Service interrupted. Please verify your connection".
It takes about 4 minutes of loading before i get this error. Currently i am not able to play the game at all.

I already used the repair function, reinstalled GOG + Gwent, disabled antivirus/firewall, restarted the router.

If you are using a tracker, perhaps disabling it is worth a try - though it's probably not going to do much in that case.
Did you install anything else that could interfere here?

Anyhow, it's probably best to contact CDPR support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

For the last couple of days the game has been unplayable. The number of disconnects is staggering. You guys should please look it up. I used to experience disconnects like that in Arena so I quit it all together. Rank was quite fine up until yesterday. For the few who are still hanging on to the game, please don't let us down.

I have some kind of a connection loop:
Seeing the start screent (gwent the witcher card game), and hitting the enter key, the start screen appears again and again …..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom