Forged in Fire (USA TV Show)

+
Forged in Fire (USA TV Show)

Forged in Fire is a US TV Reality show where 4 Bladesmiths of different ages and experience level make a blade in there signature style or a style as defined before the forging. The first round is the forging of the blade to meet the parameters as described at the beginning of the competition, one of the 4 will not make the cut, then the 3 remaining bladesmiths continue on to the fit and finish of the blade they forged by attaching a handle and guard, or if there is another parameter that they have to include on the second round.

At the finish of the second round, their forged blades will be put through brutal test to see if the blades are strong, sharp and do not develop any issues (like blade breaking and anything else that could lead to a catastrophic failure) after the tests. One of the 3 remaining will not make the cut. The 2 remaining go to the final round.

The final round pits the 2 remaining bladesmiths against each other. Where they will be allowed to go back to their home forges to make an iconic weapon from history, which it will have to be made to the exact parameters that are defined before they are allowed to leave for home.

Okay, now that I described as best as I could about this show I watch weekly, 3 weeks ago the final 2 bladesmiths had to make:

The Polish Karabella Sword.

As they were describing the history of this sword, I kept thinking "That looks familiar". Then the host of the show stated: "This iconic weapon is featured in the game Witcher".

I first said "Holy Shit, it's Iris!" Because they used the silhouette of Olgierd von Evric handing Iris to Geralt. Then I said "THE Witcher, not Witcher!" Obviously the one writing the show has never played or seen the game series, let alone the books.

I know this was a long way to tell everyone that The Witcher has been mentioned in a Bladesmith show, and it was cool to watch them re-create this sword. Awesome, Iris was selected as a historic weapon to be forged.

Bad Wolf

Top Bottom