How to create 0-info cancellation mods?

+

Guest 3841499

How to create 0-info cancellation mods?

It looks like more and more modders switch to some custom ways of creating texture packs that cannot be uncooked, at least not with W3Oven and ModKitchen. Even HD Reworked Project 4.8 cannot be uncooked. I am certain 4.6 was the last one we could customize on our own. That means no more merging for such packs, but if you REALLY dislike a set of textures and/or meshes in some mod and want it gone, yet want to keep the rest, can't you cook a mod with texture & mesh file with 0-info, give it priority over the texture pack, and thus force the game to load your pack first, recognize the data is not there or the data is partial or the data is corrupt and bounce back to vanilla texture/mesh?

I guess one way would to uncook the whole game and just use the vanilla texture/mesh, but I don't know.... How much space does Witcher 3 + all DLC's and expansions take when FULLY uncooked? 400GB???

Guest 3841499

I sucked it up, uncooked the whole game and made my first cancellation mod for HD Reworked Project 4.8 I love it, I really do, but those stone border meshes look AWFUL and I could not tolerate the,. nor could I tolerate the new crap-resolution Skellige rocks. I honestly just wanted to have HDRP 4.6 + water from HDRP 4.8, but uncooking 4.8 is not possible.

Anyway, I just created a vanilla-stone-border-meshes mod, that must be given priority over HDRP 4.8 and you will have those decent vanilla stone border meshes instead of those crazy-weird egg-like accumulations. I know many others are of similar opinion!

EDIT: I really hope this won't piss off Halk Hogan...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you used vanilla assets to make your mod, even if it is to negate the changes of another mod, I don't see how there can be a problem with authorship as is the case with the Clouds for STLM mod. You could upload it on the nexus or suggest to hogan to include it in his page as an optional download

Top Bottom