Game crashin when traveling to Toussaint

+
Game crashin when traveling to Toussaint

So, I finally got Blood and Wine. Everything works fine in the very beginning of the quest, bandit attack, telling about the monster, etc.
But then, after shouting "To Toussaint !", and the little animation of the knights et Geralt riding horse (the animation is glitched, Geralt is going through a tree and the peasant watching just sits in the air), I see the loading screen for a second and then the game crashes. No error message or anything, just closing the game and sending me back to the desktop.
I tried full screen and window mode. Changing resolution. I got patch 1.24, I tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, going back to different old saves from before the Blood and Wine dlc, not skipping the dialogues, not helping with the bandits, nothing seems to work, it's always crashing at the same moment.
I never had any problem playing the Witcher and the Heart of Stone expansion. When I just do any other quest on the game, it works, the problem comes from Blood and Wine.
I'm on Windows 8.1.
Any ideas ?

Welcome to the Forums, Rodion_Raskolnikov!

Rodion_Raskolnikov;n10507152 said:
I got patch 1.24

Not even sure how this is possible. Present version of the game is 1.31(a). Are you using Steam, GOG, or Origin?

First thing is to back up your saves. Then, try a verify / repair of the installation. If you see any more issues after that, I would recommend uninstalling then re-installing to a new directory path. Importantly:

a.) If you've purchased and downloaded only HoS and B&W separately, then you will need to install them separately. Please, also ensure that you have downloaded and installed all Free DLC -- even if you don't intend to use them. (The options for various DLC can be toggled via the game menus, but it's important that all of the data is accounted for.)

b.) If you purchased the Season Pass, do not download HoS, B&W, or the Free DLC separately. Simply install the base game and the Season Pass only.

Something seems to have gotten borked with your installation. I would also roll back to a save prior to installing B&W once you get it working. Post back with any results!

Top Bottom