Game freezes without resuming (menus and sound still working)

+
Game freezes without resuming (menus and sound still working)

Hello everybody,
I'm having a big issue playing the dlcs: after 200+ hours in the main quest without a single problem, now that I've decided to play the dlcs, the game continues to freeze and I can't understand why.
In particular it freezes during combats but when it freezes the menus (and the animation in the menus, like in the inventory where there's Geralt that moves) still works.
I've also run a 3D Mark demo to check if there was a temperatures problem, but they're normal.
I've also tryed to uninstal, delete the folder and redownload the game from GoG without reinstalling any mod, but nothing changed.

Does anyone have an idea to solve the problem?

My config:
CPU: i5-4670 @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Geforce GTX 770 2gb DDR5
RAM: 8gb DDR3

Hello, SuperNik!

Looks like you slipped through the cracks! Apologies, there!

Odd issue. Let's start with the usual suspects:

1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

2.) GPU drivers -- have you tried updating them or rolling them back using the CLEAN installation option? Also, ensure you get the Nvidia Reference Drivers directly from nvidia.com.

3.) What anti-virus / spyware / malware are you using? Is the game directory added to their exceptions?

4.) Sound can sometimes create weird issues. Set your sample rate to 16 bit, 48000 Hz, (DVD Quality). Unless you're using studio-grade speakers and mixing equipment, this is pretty much the best quality you'll be able to hear.

5.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Or any other protected directories. Install directly to the root of your drive or a folder of your own creation. e.g. C:\The Witcher 3\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3...

Hopefully one of these things will clear it up. If not, can you try to provide a video of the issue? Lastly, are you seeing any odd behavior with other games or programs?

SigilFey;n10689391 said:
Hello, SuperNik!

Looks like you slipped through the cracks! Apologies, there!

Odd issue. Let's start with the usual suspects:

1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past? Yes, I had some mod, but I completely reinstalled the game deleting also the entire folder and I reinstalled just 1 mod: Gamepad Plus

2.) GPU drivers -- have you tried updating them or rolling them back using the CLEAN installation option? Also, ensure you get the Nvidia Reference Drivers directly from nvidia.com. I also update the drivers from the Nvidia tool, so I think there wouldn't be any problem

3.) What anti-virus / spyware / malware are you using? Is the game directory added to their exceptions? It's always the same as before and I didn't have any problem

4.) Sound can sometimes create weird issues. Set your sample rate to 16 bit, 48000 Hz, (DVD Quality). Unless you're using studio-grade speakers and mixing equipment, this is pretty much the best quality you'll be able to hear.

5.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Or any other protected directories. Install directly to the root of your drive or a folder of your own creation. e.g. C:\The Witcher 3\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3... It's installed in a directory of my creation

Hopefully one of these things will clear it up. If not, can you try to provide a video of the issue? Lastly, are you seeing any odd behavior with other games or programs?

Thanks for your answer SigilFey and sorry for this late reply, I really didn't have time to play in this period...

My answers are in the quote.

Now I'll retry to play, if the game freezes again I'll do a video and I'll post here...

Top Bottom