RED Engine script compilation error after installing mods!

+
RED Engine script compilation error after installing mods!

Hello, everybody. I recently installed mods on my Steam GOTY TW3 (the latest one which was on sale) and also used the Script Merger to merge the similar files (and yes I did use NMM and installed them in the mods folder and even followed all the instructions). However when the RED Engine works, it won't allow me to play, listing a few of the errors. I even installed the Compilation script mod from Nexus but it still won't solve the problem. The error is shown below :

https://imgur.com/a/QrmTp

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game and even used the base 1.31 scripts but it didn't change a darn thing. Please help me!

Extra information :

1) The game was working fine before I installed mods.

2) My specs :
a) Processor - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz
b) Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
c) GPU - Zotac GTX 1050 TI Mini
d) RAM - Kingston Hyper X Fury 8 GB
e) PSU - Corsair VS450

3) I installed both Steam and the game on the C drive.

Errors from main menu files and FriendlyHUD... makes me suspect you lack the Unification Patch.

If you have it, then make sure all your mods that contain scripts have been updated for game version 1.31 and are compatible with each other (which may require installing separate patches).
Also, some mods have different versions available for users using other, specific mods. Installing the wrong version is another possible cause of your problem.

Hopefully some of that helps. Troubleshooting script compilation errors can be a real pain - but the solution is usually rather simple once you find it. :)

RidiculousName;n9712551 said:
Errors from main menu files and FriendlyHUD... makes me suspect you lack the Unification Patch.

If you have it, then make sure all your mods that contain scripts have been updated for game version 1.31 and are compatible with each other (which may require installing separate patches).
Also, some mods have different versions available for users using other, specific mods. Installing the wrong version is another possible cause of your problem.

Hopefully some of that helps. Troubleshooting script compilation errors can be a real pain - but the solution is usually rather simple once you find it. :)

I already have it installed though, that's the problem. And I'm pretty sure all my mods are updated for 1.31. Although I'll try again.

If your checking gives no results, try uninstalling all your mods (delete the entire Mods folder to make sure everything's gone) and then reinstall the ones that have scripts, one by one.
Run Script Merger after every mod (except the first one you install), and check if the game launches.

If launch succeeds: proceed to install the next mod, re-run Script Merger and try launching again.
If launch fails: you'll know exactly what mod is causing the problem, and it should be easy to solve.

RidiculousName Working for me now. I deleted the mods folder and all other alterations and then verified integrity of game cache via Steam to get the original files again. Turns out the problem was in Friendly HUD so I reinstalled all those mods except Friendly HUD and now it's working perfectly. Thank you so much. :))

Its a shame that F.HUD won't work for some reason so do you know any other alternative that works with the latest version 1.31?

Never had problems with FriendlyHUD myself - that I wouldn't have been able to solve. :(
You could try asking about this on the mod's page.

Tbh I'm very much out of the loop when it comes to the modding scene, so I don't know what's new in there. Doubt anything similar has been released though, since FriendlyHUD is so massively popular.

Edit: One thing you could try is installing FriendlyHUD manually, not through NMM. The author has provided step-by-step instructions in the mod's ReadMe file so it's not difficult to do.
Don't know if the situation has changed, but I remember hearing many stories about NMM messing up Witcher 3 mod installations, especially with mods that have files in many different locations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom