[ACT III] Where'd the Rye go?

+
[ACT III] Where'd the Rye go?

I decided I didn't like the way my chapter 3 was going the first time through, so I restarted from the end of chapter 2, but when I went to the party again, there was absolutely no Temarian Rye. The first time through, there were 20 bottles laying around. Is there a good reason these don't respawn if you start the chapter over again? Anyone else notice this?

Actually, I don't recall there being any laying around when I played this part. Must of been a bug. :-\ What version are you playing? I don't see your game registration so, just wondering if you are still playing the old version. :wave:

Nope, I'm playing the enhanced version and I'm still working on the registration. They were on and under the table Adda stands in front of, in between the roast chicken(?) and the nicely lined up drinking goblets.

really ? i never noticed alcohol just lying around at the reception ... there is some in the alcove, and some more in the dresser-like thing opposite the stairs as you appear upstairs, but that's all i recall finding there

20 bottles Temerian Rye laying on the floor? Never noticed it in the previous version and no bottle in the EE version. Maybe I was always too late and Erkyn drank all :dead:The only Temerian Rye I find in Adda's bedroom in one of the chests.btw... Do I have a head like a sieve? In the previous TW version when you check the containers in Adda's bedroom, a guest caught you and you got rid of him when you give him one bottle of booze though he was never satisfied whatever I offered him. Now... in the EE you start a drinking contest with him and after a while he goes away without mutterI never started a drinking contest with him in the previous game version :hmmm:

Treasa is right come to think of it. I remember now--I think it was Velerad that wanted some booze to get him to talk and I had run out but, found some on the table. It was very hard to notice because of the rest of the banquet. I didn't realize there was twenty though. So, if wasn't there then must of been game glitch. :hmmm:

Yep I saw the RYE on the table one time too, but have not again in many playthroughs? Wonder if difficulty level has anything to do with it?

Like the others, I've seen it on some play-throughs but not on my most recent ones. Maybe it's only there on easy? I haven't played on easy in awhile now. Or maybe it's just chance.

There is no Temerian Rye there on normal difficulty since the EE is out. I checked it with a save game just when Posh Reception begins.

PetraSilie said:
There is no Temerian Rye there on normal difficulty since the EE is out. I checked it with a save game just when Posh Reception begins.
Actually, I didn't get this far in the game before upgrading to EE and I'm playing on Normal difficulty. I did find the booze. I don't think it stays after that whole party deal though--not sure :-\

I'm on my fourth play-through, and the only time I ever saw the Tem. Rye was in the first play- through. There were at least six bottles on the table and a pile of them (5?) under the table behind Adda's guard's foot and several more bottles on the corner bookcase. They have never been there again for me. I will be looking for them the next time I visit the New Naracourt. ** just a side thought--That first time through, I went into the party right at 6 pm, the rest of them, the time has been later. The first time was the old TW, the rest have been EE..

Timing could be something to do with it I suppose. Of course the party quest is pretty much the first thing you hear about when starting ACT III so, I made sure I wasn't late. In fact, I explored town until it was time to go to party and was punctual--pretty sure it was 6 in fact.

I was "fashionably late" the first time and went at 8pm- I could have sworn she said it started at 8- The other times, it was days before I went because I wanted to pad my purse with a few contracts, first.

Top Bottom