[ACT III] Investigation "wrong result" repercussions

+
[ACT III] Investigation "wrong result" repercussions

From what I've tried, it seems getting the autopsy wrong and killing Ramsmeat makes the Javed/Professor fight cutscene different and fails the gravedigger's gratitude quest (if you didn't enter the crypt and see the body beforehand the botched autopsy won't spawn Raymond's corpse). Are there any other changes compared to doing the investigation correctly and fingering "Raymond" as Javed before the Act 2 final fight?

Wow, I knew I screwed something up when my autopsy pointed the finger at Kalkstein(sp?) and Raymond made me kill Ramsmeat :wall:/sigh

You see,when in the end of act 2 you do not recognize Azar Javed ,he will have the goodies from house in the swamp.In the end of act 3 you do not get shield which protects you from almost any kind of harm.Only temporary though.

No Alzur's shield, does that mean when Javed casts a spell at you in chapter 3 you take damage and end up fighting the professor and his Kikimore helpers like normal or with injuries?

harleyquin84 said:
No Alzur's shield, does that mean when Javed casts a spell at you in chapter 3 you take damage and end up fighting the professor and his Kikimore helpers like normal or with injuries?
With injuries i am afraid if you last that long at all, the battle will be much more difficult.

Considering how I'm already on my 3rd playthrough and don't have an older save to "screw up" my investigation results, I assume when Javed does cast a spell at you underground it works and you end up seriously hurt instead of the shield saving you and scaring off Javed. Is that how it works or does he do something different instead? The flashback art in gamebanshee depicts the Witcher getting pinned by some kind of forcefield that Javed casts with the Professor looking on.

You end up seriously hurt,what happened to me (if i remember it right ) 1.when i get close to Javed,conversation,the forcefield as you describe it 2.about 30 seconds of action when i kill closest enemy(that i did not expect,when i had a shield nothing like that happened )3.Professor showing up and sarcastically commenting about every aspect of the witcher how stupid and so on.As a result i end up fighting Professor with 1/3 of health.I was quite amazed because i thought when you get close to Javed it is cut scene and then you fight the Professor.That was second time, now playing 3rd.And i looked that art at gamebanshee it is quite what i remember.By the way,if you do everything right (autopsy and so on) you will find that shield which Triss casts when entering tower in swamps(in the book inside the chest to be more precise).

Found your reply a little difficult to understand, I take it this is how the sequence goes if the autopsy screws up:1. Javed's spell hits Geralt, Geralt is seriously injured.2. Cutscene ends, Geralt moves along tunnel alone.3. Fights a few kikimores and Salamandra4. Talks to Professor then fights him and Kikimore warrior bodyguards.5. Javed nowhere to be found after casting spell on Geralt on both occasions.

harleyquin84 said:
Found your reply a little difficult to understand, I take it this is how the sequence goes if the autopsy screws up:1. Javed's spell hits Geralt, Geralt is seriously injured.2. Cutscene ends, Geralt moves along tunnel alone.3. Fights a few kikimores and Salamandra4. Talks to Professor then fights him and Kikimore warrior bodyguards.5. Javed nowhere to be found after casting spell on Geralt on both occasions.
Oh man I'm doomed! :wall:

No you are NOT. ;D After all i did it with out any deaths.It is a lot harder i have do admit,but nothing impossible.

Top Bottom