[Act IV] Crypt In The Fields... (SPOILERS)

+
[Act IV] Crypt In The Fields... (SPOILERS)

For those who don't know the Crypt in the Fields in Act IV is a good chance to gain experience points. If you enter by say 21:30 you'll usually be done killing everything by between 23:30 and 0:00. At 0:00 everything excpet about 3 Alps will respawn. After you kill everything the second time, you can then leave and enter again for four Alps, which will be there everytime you leave and come back. Leave in the morning, mediate 24-36 hours and repeat.While doing this, I noticed that in the room with the Circle of Elements (though Stone of Elements would probably be more fitting), and in the room with the Garkain and the Santon of the Evil Griggs, if you hold the ALT key you can sometimes see a Bruxa and an Alps through the wall. If you get close enough to the spot in the corner of the Circle of Elements room, you'll hear something spawn. (as in the sound made when something jumps from the ground) Also while in that room the entire time you are on the right side (from entering), your medallion will vibrate.My question is, am I missing something? There seems to be an area I can't get to, with enemies in it. It's not visible on the map, but there are clearly enemies somewhere that I can't seem to find.

Xhan said:
It's an area you can't get to.
Can't get to period? As in there is no way to get there? Or secret area no one has found the way into yet? I've become quite used to areas on maps I can't get in to, but I;m not used to being able to see enemies in areas I can't EVER get to.

Unless Geralt learns some awesome teleport ability, I'd say can't get to period, much like the same areas you can't get to in other dungeons. The only completely open dungeon I remember is the Salamandra fisstech dungeon.

I've seen that same inaccessible Bruxa in the Fields' crypt. She drives me nuts. There must be a way to get to her. She wanders around to the East of the room with the Circle of Elements and North of the room with the Santon.I know they use the same map with tweaks for all the crypts, but they're not all full of the same monsters. At this point in the game, Geralt has fought only one or two Bruxae.If it were a misplaced Alp, not Bruxa, I'd be more likely to blame it on a glitch of some sort. But I have a hard time believing such a rare monster is wandering in what seems to be nowhere by accident. I wonder if it has something to do with getting the book or owning a hut, the ones from the Hermit. I've always taken the wreath reward ... random useless things are the best rewards. :D There are two other secondary quests in the act with reward options. Could it be the right combination of three rewards opens a secret door? I can't get to her when I've taken the wreath from the hermit, Pat from the mason, and lifelong patient from the Naiad.Cheers,LunyAdditional notes:I noticed the sound of something spawning when in the SE corner of the circle room, something like a ghoul coming out of the ground, like Typifire mentioned. Geralt's medallion vibrates along that East wall. Standing the SE corner, I used Igni and something caught on fire and took damage. I continued to burn it and kill it but got no experience, not even 1 xp. The spawning sound and the noises it made when hit by Igni sounded more like a ghoulish monster than the sort of screamy sound Alps and Bruxae make. There was no red marker with the monster name type anywhere near where the incineration damage numbers appeared, but during that visit I had seen both an Alp and a Bruxa somewhere North of the room with the Santon.

Typifire said:
My question is, am I missing something? There seems to be an area I can't get to, with enemies in it. It's not visible on the map, but there are clearly enemies somewhere that I can't seem to find.
Apart from missing killing her, no.I've seen her too and am glad she isn't a basilisk.

Well .. if I remember correctly, there are TWO seperate 'walls' in that crypt that you can bust through with your 'Ard' (wind?) sign .. I could be mistaken and there's only one, but it might be worthwhile to load up a save game and check .. For mySELF, I'll just re-check it on my second playthrough. I just saved the refugees in Chapter Five and am headed for the Swamp .. actually, now that I recall, I already ****ed the Princess (cure-? kill-? plow-? I'll not 'spoil' the choices possible.; Now I'm moving on from there. As in .. web browser closing, Witcher (Steam) firing up. Wish me luck! ;D

It must be clipping. It's not on the map and there are only TWO Aardable walls.I'm running through this thing so quickly doing it as the last thing before finishing IV. I'm level 32.

I really aim for level 40 before going to Act V ... but i've done it with as little as level 28 :) iircthere is a bruxa in the crypt that you cannot get to (or there used to be) it's been tested repeatedly

gamewidow said:
I really aim for level 40 before going to Act V ... but i've done it with as little as level 28 :) iircthere is a bruxa in the crypt that you cannot get to (or there used to be) it's been tested repeatedly
Cool, I'm on my first playthrough (started at 'normal', should have gone with 'hard'), and about to finish Chapter Five, I -think-. (I'm in the cave below The Mansion) It's nice to get a definative answer on this issue before I start my planned second playthrough (on Hard-as-Possible); now I won't waste time in that crypt trying to be 'thorough'. ;D[me=Tobariah]bows to all thread responders politely, appreciating their participation. :peace:[/me]

gamewidow said:
I don't know. I'm playing on hard and so far haven't been challenged at all. The only reason I'm leveling up is that I want to see the "cool" additional sword moves as this is my first play through. Level 40 seems a bit excessive unless Act V is extremely challenging for some odd reason. I heard that Acts 1 and 2 were the worst.

In my last game (non-Enhanced version) The monsters in the Crypt in the Field respawned endlessly, aided by the campfire a the front door and some Cat potions, of which I had a number. In the Enhanced Edition, which I'm playing now, there is no campfire and no endless respawning save for some Alps at the front door.Was that a foruitous bug I encountered last time? I levelled up three times very quickly and I was counting on it as a leveling up spot this time but was of course disappointed.

i definitely exploited that aspect in my previous runs, but i'm still in Act III with EE, so i can't say for sure ... i will be keeping an eye out though! thanks for the heads up :wave:

Game Widow, if you had the same experience in thenon-EE version, I would say that in EE the Crypt in the Fields must have been "improved" by taking out the campfire and not having the monsters respawn so generously. The still do, but you have to wait for a day or two for the respawn to happen.I made up for it when I realized that
you can kill Alina an infiniate number of times, for about 1,000 points anytime up to the point where you show her the repaired Mirror; and you can kill her severaltimes in on day just by resting for an hour and going back -- she respawns every hour from dawn to dusk /spoiler]

if you mean the midday bride and the nightwraith, you always could kill them over and over again :)

Top Bottom