Real or Memorex - The Mechanics Debate Thread

+
That's why there's things called Difficulty. Play at the hardest difficulty if that's the type of gamer you are. And pretty sure that was very early on in the game, as you progress enemies get harder/trickier hence the "weaknesses." Plus the player knew the game and knew what to do to give himself an advantage over each situation. This gameplay showed legendary classic type potential.

Thats just an excuse for bad AI. It doesn't make the AI smarter it just makes their guns do ten times the damage so you die in one shot and your health is easy to reduce. EX: Cod.... Dumb AI through all levels just weapons get damage boosted

I will genuinely miss you when you inevitably give up. I'm hoping that day can be delayed as long as possible. And I mean this 100% honestly, no sarcasm intended. I like having your cynicism around.

I suppose it’s inevitable at some point, but I’ve invested too much on this that I’d not see it through; how the final product will have evolved from this. Maybe, just maybe, lady luck has something else in store than 7 and 2 (poker hand).

I am kinda seeing a familiar pattern forming here, though. One that I saw happen twice in Bethesda’s forums where at the revealing of new and in some respects unexpected (and even illmatching as per source material) material, the traditionalists inevitably get stomped by the new crowd and slowly disappear as there’s little to nothing catering to them.

We’ll see how it goes here.

Last edited:
Almost everybody here wonders if double jump is "semi-realistic" or not. I have other question: do we need double-jump in the game at all? What does it bring to the gameplay that we just can't get without? I see no reason to have it in the first place.
My question exactly.

Seems to be it was included solely to cater to the "it's kewl thus it must be in the game" faction. I can't think of a single reason it would be needed.

If you show me how an AV4 has less downwash and noise than a Harrier then I'll accept it. This from someone who was on a pair of flattops that saw many different aircraft (including Harriers) land on the roof.
Thing is most people have never seen a Harrier in action, outside a movie, thus have it somehow fixed in their head it operates like a helicopter. But even with that they've obviously never been close to a CH-53 landing!

Last edited:
Skate?
I'm afraid it looks more like "Full steam ahead" to me.

They didn't "cross the line" by accident, they flew across it so far and fast it's obvious it was completely ignored.

It’s not just combat either.

The whole RPG systems department seems somehow lacking interest and creativity, and boldness to go with it from where the hedge isn’t at its lowest.

Or so it seems so far.

It’s not just combat either.

The whole RPG systems department seems somehow lacking interest and creativity, and boldness to go with it from where the hedge isn’t at its lowest.

Or so it seems so far.
Yeah ... sure seems that way.

Now that you mention it ...
What gameplay elements we've seen do actually seem to be RPG based?

When you come down to it being able to accept, or reject missions and deciding how to approach them is exactly what you do in a tactical level wargame, so that's certainly not RPG based.

Last edited:
It still looks like a fun game... But yeah. Going to need to hear a lot more about the RPG systems before I can say for sure.

The good news is, all of this is still very much in-development, and it sounds like they're ready to take feedback into account. The fact that they've been so vague about it is proof enough for me that it's in an early state.

But I'm annoyed that they showed almost entirely just combat off in the demo, and that it looked like purely FPS.

Double Jump might be needed for specific bosses, enemies, and platform, I'm guessing.

I'm more bothered by the lack of stagger on the enemy boss, the overly smooth player movement, firing with little to no weight on the recoil.

It still looks like a fun game... But yeah. Going to need to hear a lot more about the RPG systems before I can say for sure.

The good news is, all of this is still very much in-development, and it sounds like they're ready to take feedback into account. The fact that they've been so vague about it is proof enough for me that it's in an early state.

But I'm annoyed that they showed almost entirely just combat off in the demo, and that it looked like purely FPS.
Yeah but what people are asking here is like changing the core

Yeah but what people are asking here is like changing the core
What? How do you figure?

The "core" of the game has always been advertised as an RPG, not a shooter. People aren't really asking for the game not to have shooting mechanics, but for it to have RPG impacts on the shooting experience so it isn't just purely twitch-based. There are many ways to do this and we've talked about them plenty of times.

I know CDPR has read those discussions, and they aren't stupid, so the only assumption I can draw is that they took our thoughts into consideration and either ignored them or decided it wasn't a fit for their vision of the game. Or they just don't know what they want to do yet and there's still hope.

Skate?
I'm afraid it looks more like "Full steam ahead" to me.

They didn't "cross the line" by accident, they flew across it so far and fast it's obvious it was completely ignored.
Im not sure it was completely ignored though. And the gunplay isn’t final either. The director specifically said that ''gunplay both visuals and how star affect it are deep in development'' so there’s still a chance. Also, a lot of people said that it looked generic FPS and shit like that so there’s still a chance. A ''compromise'' is still possible
Post automatically merged:

If the core is ill, it will affect everything around it.
I agree with you. I’m just saying it’s not easy work to do. I dislike the gunplay too. I was saying that because Snowflakez said it’s still in development (so it’s still changeable ) and all that.

I agree with you. I’m just saying it’s not easy work to do. I dislike the gunplay too. I was saying that because Snowflakez said it’s still in development and all that.

I don't think it'd be as difficult as you think. Unlike Kofe and Su, I don't see the need for full RPG combat, because this game was literally never going to have that and we all knew it, no matter how much we may have wished otherwise.

However... Stuff like recoil, reload speed, bullet spread, and accuracy are all already in the game, in some form. Attaching them to weapon skills so your character actually becomes better at shooting over time is a pretty good way to handle it. It'd make me happy, anyway.

I don't think it'd be as difficult as you think. Unlike Kofe and Su, I don't see the need for full RPG combat, because this game was literally never going to have that and we all knew it, no matter how much we may have wished otherwise.

However... Stuff like recoil, reload speed, bullet spread, and accuracy are all already in the game, in some form. Attaching them to weapon skills so your character actually becomes better at shooting over time is a pretty good way to handle it. It'd make me happy, anyway.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure a compromise can be made

death march in witcher 3 didnt solved the problem, after some time it was just too easy. but cdpr learned lesson and made things right in hearts of stone which was one of the best gameplay experience i had. but in cyberpunk 2077 i think we deserve smarter and dangerous enemies, and always a possibility of non violent solving problems

lol post a video of you running through death march without dying, struggling, or being wary about every single move you make once then I'll believe you. If you simply want AI to be moving around, running for cover etc... Then obviously you shouldn't even be worrying about that since it was stated before, during, and after the DEMO that it is a work in progress. It was simply just a showing of different capabilities and ways to run through the game. Also did you miss the part where they say that there are tons of ways to go about each situation aka going about it non violently, ignoring possible conflicts yada yada. Like the narrator literally stated at the end of the demo that everything that happened in the demo could've been approached differently. I've played multiple games by other different multiple companies with a given extreme difficulty. And it's the same thing - It's obviously not as easy as if you were to play it normally. AI is more composed, sturdy, convoluted...

Gotta love it.

People complaining about NPC AI from a look at an early alpha demo that goes out of it's way to say "WORK IN PROGRESS".
I mean, its still feedback. Btw, it seems you're quite pessimist or mad at the Game for some reason. I know its sas about the gunplay and rpg part. But you can Still give feedback since theres Still a chance those things will change. Probably not at the level you want, but Still a ''compromise''

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Of course as stated in the gameplay demo we are still in deep development, and that includes the gameplay and the AI. Please also consider that right after the deal with Royce goes wrong, we mention that we now give the player some high level stats/abilities/weapons he shouldn't have at that point, just so we can show them as well (also Lukasz who played the demo is just really good at the game, it looks quite a bit different when I play it ;))

Of course we'll release more footage of the game at a later point, so I'm sure you'll be able to also see a different kind of combat and behavior.

Double jump :D i mean not sure about that, ability to jump higher sure but on demo it look like he jump in one side and then bounce off not sure air? to do double jump it look really weird even for cyberpunk.

Top Bottom