Game crushes when Geralt's moving in water

+
Game crushes when Geralt's moving in water

Hi! Recently, I bought The Witcher Enhanced Editing Director's Cut to fresh good memories about this great game, but I met this problem.

When Geralt is moving in water I'm starting receive many graphical issues and the game crushes with blue screen ("Begining Dump of Physical Memory"). It looks like my video card is out of memory at this moment and cannot work all water movement graphics. It didn't make much troubles in Chapter 1 where I firstly discovered this issue when I was fighting drowners, but it makes immposible to proceed in the sewers as Gerals starts this part standing in water.

I have not strong machine as I play on my netbook:

OS: Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series
Shared Memory: 762 MB

and the game's performance still not the best even if I play on the lowest video settings, but the strangest thing is no matter I have much video memory (762Mb), perhaps even more than enough for The Witcher 1, it seems my video card still cannot work all water textures.

It'd be great if I can somehow disable any water effects with maybe some launch command if it's possible (like -nowatershades or similar) otherwise I will have to ask for game save where player has already cleaned the sewers.

Thanks in advance!

WIth best regards,
Dmitry

Do you have the latest drivers for the GMA and Atom processor
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22633

Also make sure and close all unnecessary background programs .

Thanks, Tommy! For some reason I'm also getting issue when trying to update video drivers from Intel website, but I'll try Samsung site next time (as it's netbook manufacturer) and will update my processor drivers as well.

By the way, I've discovered that my version of the game in 1.4.5. ... Should I update it to version 1.5? I though Director's Cut is a highest version possible, but maybe this can also help somehow.

DmitryS said:
Thanks, Tommy! For some reason I'm also getting issue when trying to update video drivers from Intel website, but I'll try Samsung site next time (as it's netbook manufacturer) and will update my processor drivers as well.

By the way, I've discovered that my version of the game in 1.4.5. ... Should I update it to version 1.5? I though Director's Cut is a highest version possible, but maybe this can also help somehow.

1.4.5.1304 ? That is how the 1.5 patch appears while in game . If you go to your install directory and open the witcher/system folder then hover your mouse over the witcher exe in the dialog box that appears there should be a version number that reads 1.5.0.1304 .

Let us know how the Samsung site does .

1.4.5.1304 ? That is how the 1.5 patch appears while in game .

Yes, exactly. Well, it seems I have a maximum updated version then.

A friend of mine will give me Chapter 2 saves in a couple of days, but I'll let you know if there will be progress with drivers and this water problem. There are swamps and other quest lines with the sewers afte rall, so I won't be able to ignore it forever :)

About Samsung drivers: it didn't work and trying to update them for my model (NP-NC110) caused even more troubles. I also didn't actualy find upper version than I have - 8.14.8.1083 from 2012.06.27. The latest version I saw was from **.01.2012.

If you know some other way it can be fixed, I'd gladly try it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your attention to my problem :)

This is the installation readme from the Intel link I posted earlier .
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22633/eng/Installation_Readme.txt

Top Bottom