How much control do you have over what your character can wear in 2077?

+
There are those specifics, but it also works on really basic stuff like something might look like a cool vest on a female character, but when you shift it over to male it turns into a full shirt, or a suit on a male that turns into business stripper cosplay on a female. I think we keep getting hung up on who is showing skin or if we should be able to walk around the street in lingerie, but I think it boils down to just having some really cool options for various tastes and let each of those get applied however the player sees fit (though it would be really cool if some get up that is "innapropriate" for a specific environment gets unwanted critical attention while something that is very fitting is like social camouflage, but that's a wholly different can o' worms).
Well, yes, I definitely agree with you on that. Or, like, something that's high-heels for females isn't that when you choose it for males. Or, they have this weird shit in the Elder Scrolls games where certain attire can magically switch between being a dress or a suit depending on which gender your character is. THAT is really damn weird to me.

Well, yes, I definitely agree with you on that. Or, like, something that's high-heels for females isn't that when you choose it for males. Or, they have this weird shit in the Elder Scrolls games where certain attire can magically switch between being a dress or a suit depending on which gender your character is. THAT is really damn weird to me.

I doubt they will do that...that was done in older games to avoid having different sets of items for both genders.

I want to control how my character looks and what she/he wears. What vehicle they drive, who they like or dislike, if they are passive or aggressive. Who they're enemies and allies are. What choices they make. What is they're backstory is. What I'm trying to say is that I want full control.

though it would be really cool if some get up that is "innapropriate" for a specific environment gets unwanted critical attention while something that is very fitting is like social camouflage, but that's a wholly different can o' worms

It is indeed, but would add a level of depth not common in games. Go to Pacifica in a suit, get robbed. Walk in Arasaka Tower dressed for the street, meet security. I'd love to see your fashion choices have contextual gameplay consequences beyond just stat boosts/modifiers.

One simple way to do that could be to group clothing options into categories, but that is more work for designers. I'm sure CDPR could come up with a far more elegant solution.

How much control do you have over your character in Cyberpunk 2077?

Apparently not much.

Story might have some effects, but the character him/herself seems pretty defined. Which is of course a bit of a shame.

[Edited (Personal skirmish)-- SigilFey]

Apparently not much.

Story might have some effects, but the character him/herself seems pretty defined. Which is of course a bit of a shame.
Well, that wasn't really my point, but okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you do have a fair bit of control . I pick V`s sex , i pick what V looks like , i pick V`s sexuality . I also pick the skills i want and what type of weapons V will use . I pick how V plays out missions and interacts with NPC .

On the flip side V`s relationship with Jackie and T Bug seem preset . We wont know about clothes until much later .

I think you do have a fair bit of control . I pick V`s sex , i pick what V looks like , i pick V`s sexuality . I also pick the skills i want and what type of weapons V will use . I pick how V plays out missions and interacts with NPC .

On the flip side V`s relationship with Jackie and T Bug seem preset . We wont know about clothes until much later .
Yes, but we do know the female one has a thong based on gameplay footage when she's in her apartment, and I just wonder if the male character will be allowed that too. Here's a picture for reference.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 thong.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 thong.png
    342.8 KB · Views: 122
I know you would like the same wardrobe for V but we can only guess if both Male and Female will have the same options .What i find very interesting is the guy who gets out of V`s bed is naked but V is in a g string and top .

I might be wrong but i think CDPR will show lots of flesh both Male and Female . One day CDPR might show how that scene looked with a Male V and then you`ll get your answer about g strings .

Well all that is same as Shepard from Mass Effect or Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor from Dragon Age they all defined characters.

I might be wrong but i think CDPR will show lots of flesh both Male and Female . One day CDPR might show how that scene looked with a Male V and then you`ll get your answer about g strings .
Would be better if the developers weren't hiding from the forums, and if they could be bothered to answer our questions directly. But they don't seem to care.

Would be better if the developers weren't hiding from the forums, and if they could be bothered to answer our questions directly. But they don't seem to care.
The REDs are not hiding, as evidenced by the RED Tracker. They are answering questions, too.

If you hope for answers, being hostile and downright rude is not the way to go. It is a good way to get yourself in trouble, though, as Sardukhar already indicated in his post.

They are not hiding, but is not like they answering question left and right, if you look they answering mostly about some trivial stuff.

It's not surprsing that CDPR is keeping things close to the vest at this point. They've been consistent in how they manage the release of information. They have a plan. They're following it. We probably won't see any major reveals until E3. Maybe some limited preview coverage here and there prior to that.

Last edited:
Well all that is same as Shepard from Mass Effect or Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor from Dragon Age they all defined characters.

I can`t think of any game characters who aren`t defined characters . The point i was trying to make is i can make all of the characters you named my own with my choices . Gerald was one of the ones we could make the least choices about but i will have more of a chance to make V mine .

It is indeed, but would add a level of depth not common in games. Go to Pacifica in a suit, get robbed. Walk in Arasaka Tower dressed for the street, meet security. I'd love to see your fashion choices have contextual gameplay consequences beyond just stat boosts/modifiers.

One simple way to do that could be to group clothing options into categories, but that is more work for designers. I'm sure CDPR could come up with a far more elegant solution.

This would get annoying fast. I dont want my gameplay to be interrupted because i wear the wrong clothes...
Post automatically merged:

I can`t think of any game characters who aren`t defined characters . The point i was trying to make is i can make all of the characters you named my own with my choices . Gerald was one of the ones we could make the least choices about but i will have more of a chance to make V mine .

Thats because Geralt was a established Character in the book series. We were still able to mold him in our image to great extent. Since we got gender options in Cyberpunk 2077, im sure we get a lot of customization options.

Gerald was one of the ones we could make the least choices about but i will have more of a chance to make V mine .

Like @SarahGabriella say Gerald is character from the book and game was base on the book, so ofc you can't change his gender or is he tall or small, fat or slim.

Long ago i also comment that V character creation and options about her Hero/Life Event/Why Night City are copy of Mass Effect Shepard background, people start to talk how it is wrong and how Shepard is established in Mass Effect Lore, point is both are defined character.

Blank sheet character is Watcher from PoE 1 or your Duke/Duchess from Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Also OP ask more about if he can dress his male V in female cloths if he want that.

This would get annoying fast. I dont want my gameplay to be interrupted because i wear the wrong clothes...

Which is totally understandable. What you point out is probably part of the reason we don't see that kind of thing often. It's unlikely we'll see it anyway, but I'm all for an option in the menus. "Style over substance" is an important theme in Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom