The General Videogame Thread

+
Sales not the end all be all of course. Fallout 4 did 12M units day one. I loved the game for what it was but it had plenty of faults. Don't think anyone will look back and claim it to be a masterpiece as some call TW3
I think you got the wrong statistic. The 12 millions you are referring to were the number of copies send to the shops and such, which doesn't necessarily translates into sales. In fact, the overall number of Fallout 4 copies sold up to 2019 for all the platforms is 14,91 millions.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/504477/global-all-time-unit-sales-fallout-games/

So The Witcher 3 with it's 20 millions of copies beats it by a wide margin, which for a game from, at the time, fairly niche series, is quite impressive.

Perhaps Sega's new game is Total War: Warhammer 3.

They said its not from Total War series. Maybe I get excited for nothing but still nice news. Atm, triple a title means 50+ mill bet, at least.

What if its some kind of Cyberpunk game? I could see it being possible.

Last edited:

Another Cyberpunk RPG from Poland, this time in more classical, isometric style. It's based on the Gamedec book series, which I didn't read, but I heard it is pretty good. It's set in the cyberpunkish rendition of Warsaw in the future where people got completely addicted to virtual reality. The protagonist is a gamedec, a detective who specializes in virtual reality related crimes. As in every post-Witcher polish RPG, the dev promises morally gray choices and non-linear storytelling. I must say that I really dig the whole deal with the alternating between Cyberpunk city and fantasy like virtual reality.

Heads up people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...oks-like-the-next-total-war-saga-game-is-troy

Lots of legendary heroes to play with if this turns out to be true. Achilles, Agamemnon, Paris, maybe even Eneas (who kickstarted the founding of Rome) just to name a few off the top of my head.

Lots of wiggle room for some fresh ideas since the siege of Troy and everything sorrounding it is shrouded in myth and legend - yes, some say even the mighty gods took sides in the conflict -

Another Cyberpunk RPG from Poland, this time in more classical, isometric style. It's based on the Gamedec book series, which I didn't read, but I heard it is pretty good. It's set in the cyberpunkish rendition of Warsaw in the future where people got completely addicted to virtual reality. The protagonist is a gamedec, a detective who specializes in virtual reality related crimes. As in every post-Witcher polish RPG, the dev promises morally gray choices and non-linear storytelling. I must say that I really dig the whole deal with the alternating between Cyberpunk city and fantasy like virtual reality.

Its turn-based? I might check it out.

Heads up people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...oks-like-the-next-total-war-saga-game-is-troy

Lots of legendary heroes to play with if this turns out to be true. Achilles, Agamemnon, Perseus, maybe even Eneas (who kickstarted the founding of Rome) just to name a few off the top of my head.

Lots of wiggle room for some fresh ideas since the siege of Troy and everything sorrounding it is shrouded in myth and legend - yes, some say even the mighty gods took sides in the conflict -
I loved Three Kingdoms, so I'm very curious to see how they handle this. I loved the older Total War games, too, obviously, but 3K stood out in particular.

Wonder if they'll go full historical, or a mix of both historical and fantasy like they did with Romance mode in 3K, or just go full-on fantasy and add lots of mythological elements? Who knows.

All of that said, I'm tempering my expectations. Thrones of Britannia was awful.

Guest 3847602

I hope they'll add that, after all, half of the Iliad is Gods scheming, taking sides and battling one other (Athena humiliating Ares in a fight is one of my favorite scenes from the book).
Having some kind of "divine intervention" mechanic in the game is both interesting gameplay-wise and true to the most famous source.

Wonder if they'll go full historical, or a mix of both historical and fantasy like they did with Romance mode in 3K, or just go full-on fantasy and add lots of mythological elements? Who knows.
since what we know about trojan war is based on the iliad, then it's 99% fantasy and (<)1% history. I mean, we're not even sure that the trojan war happened at all.

Aeneas kickstarting the foundation of Rome was totally made up by the latin poet Virgil to please its emperor in the aeneid.

I've studied this stuff for 5 years back in high school.

You had my interest with "Cyberpunk RPG", but lost it with "isometric style"...:sad:

You know, you can do both, right? I do and it's great...i miss out on nothing!
Do both!!
I think it's OT, but anyway... I know myself, I know myself very well and I know that I'm used to set crazy standards that can be hardly satisfied (even by myself). Having a console sets a "low" standard for graphics, it's cheap, you spend zero seconds in setting it up/thinking about graphics settings, driver, hardware compatibility and whatnot, you buy it once and don't need to think about it for 6-7 years. I buy it, I have my gaming machine and I'm happy.
PC, on the other hand, has no limits, you can spend 3000€ for a rig and still have room for improvement, every year there's a new hardware on the market, it takes time to build it (if you don't want to waste your money on those pre-built gaming PCs, in particular if you want something small and nice to put in the living room), knowledge (I'd need to get), then it takes time to set games (the nvidia auto-setting or whatever is called is shit, I tested it with TW2) AND I know that after few months at 60fps, I'd become one of those guys continuosly saying "OMFG anything below 60fps is totally umplayable, how can you play on those shitty consoles?" affecting my pleasure when I play ps4's exclusive.

As you can see from my presence on this forum, I'm easily prone to get myself addicted to useless waste of time situations (even though I'm keeping my english trained since I'm not using it anymore in my "new" job), I'd spend hours and hours (and probably money) in reading hardware reviews to understand how the GTX2080 ti is better than the 2080 and if the price difference is worthy or if I should go for a full AMD rig, if seagate SSD are the best or not, the difference between TXAA and FXAA... The choice of not buying a gaming PC is taken to limit my "crazyness".

Plus, the fact that consoles' resources are 100% used just for gaming and optimization is done by software houses very in depth, gives me the idea that the money I spent are 100% used for their purpose. This is not valid for PC. I'm a huge fan of cost/benefit concept and "I don't like the idea of buying a ferrari to drive where the speed limit is 50 km/h". I also don't use the PC at all in my spare time, so I would buy it just for gaming, making my console superflous since I'd use it only for exclusives. And this destroys the above mentioned concept of cost/benefit.

And I couldn't care less of strategy games and stuff that is only on PC, so its exclusives are totally worthless in my decision, I'd use it only to play games we have on consoles as well, but with higher graphic settings.
Going back IT:

Apparently death stranding will come on PC as well. It's weird since sony owns the trademark and has provided kojima with the decima engine, but it was announced only as a console exclusive and not a total exclusive. I don't think we'll know more about it before 2020, though, they'll want to maximize sales on ps4 first.

An E3 announcement that kinda flew under the radar but quickly caught my attention:

Empire of Sin. A mobster strategy/tactics game where your criminal empire is the main character. Brings me back to my pc gaming infancy when i was having a blast playing Gangsters: Organized Crime. It'll probably be a very different game but the premise is rarely done and interesting enough for me to follow.

I think it's OT, but anyway... I know myself, I know myself very well and I know that I'm used to set crazy standards that can be hardly satisfied (even by myself). Having a console sets a "low" standard for graphics, it's cheap, you spend zero seconds in setting it up/thinking about graphics settings, driver, hardware compatibility and whatnot, you buy it once and don't need to think about it for 6-7 years. I buy it, I have my gaming machine and I'm happy.
PC, on the other hand, has no limits, you can spend 3000€ for a rig and still have room for improvement, every year there's a new hardware on the market, it takes time to build it (if you don't want to waste your money on those pre-built gaming PCs, in particular if you want something small and nice to put in the living room), knowledge (I'd need to get), then it takes time to set games (the nvidia auto-setting or whatever is called is shit, I tested it with TW2) AND I know that after few months at 60fps, I'd become one of those guys continuosly saying "OMFG anything below 60fps is totally umplayable, how can you play on those shitty consoles?" affecting my pleasure when I play ps4's exclusive.

As you can see from my presence on this forum, I'm easily prone to get myself addicted to useless waste of time situations (even though I'm keeping my english trained since I'm not using it anymore in my "new" job), I'd spend hours and hours (and probably money) in reading hardware reviews to understand how the GTX2080 ti is better than the 2080 and if the price difference is worthy or if I should go for a full AMD rig, if seagate SSD are the best or not, the difference between TXAA and FXAA... The choice of not buying a gaming PC is taken to limit my "crazyness".

Plus, the fact that consoles' resources are 100% used just for gaming and optimization is done by software houses very in depth, gives me the idea that the money I spent are 100% used for their purpose. This is not valid for PC. I'm a huge fan of cost/benefit concept and "I don't like the idea of buying a ferrari to drive where the speed limit is 50 km/h". I also don't use the PC at all in my spare time, so I would buy it just for gaming, making my console superflous since I'd use it only for exclusives. And this destroys the above mentioned concept of cost/benefit.

And I couldn't care less of strategy games and stuff that is only on PC, so its exclusives are totally worthless in my decision, I'd use it only to play games we have on consoles as well, but with higher graphic settings.
Going back IT:

Apparently death stranding will come on PC as well. It's weird since sony owns the trademark and has provided kojima with the decima engine, but it was announced only as a console exclusive and not a total exclusive. I don't think we'll know more about it before 2020, though, they'll want to maximize sales on ps4 first.

That's fair enough. Not everybody is that self-aware.

Sometimes I regret making the jump to PC, or at least, making the jump to 144Hz. It's made most (all, actually) console games virtually unplayable for more than a couple hours every now and then. I will literally get nauseous and want to vomit. And this is not me doing the whole "PC Mastur raecc" thing, either, it's just me being self-aware too.

I'm desperately hoping the next gen of consoles brings AT LEAST the option to sacrifice visual quality for 60 FPS. If it's just another "30 FPS, but 8234828582135K resolution!!111" generation, count me out... again... Getting so tired of missing out on the good exclusives and having to wait for PC ports that will never come. If consoles offered even a basic level of graphical settings customization, I'd be ecstatic.

Oh well.

That's fair enough. Not everybody is that self-aware.

Sometimes I regret making the jump to PC, or at least, making the jump to 144Hz. It's made most (all, actually) console games virtually unplayable for more than a couple hours every now and then. I will literally get nauseous and want to vomit. And this is not me doing the whole "PC Mastur raecc" thing, either, it's just me being self-aware too.

I'm desperately hoping the next gen of consoles brings AT LEAST the option to sacrifice visual quality for 60 FPS. If it's just another "30 FPS, but 8234828582135K resolution!!111" generation, count me out... again... Getting so tired of missing out on the good exclusives and having to wait for PC ports that will never come. If consoles offered even a basic level of graphical settings customization, I'd be ecstatic.

Oh well.
see? exactly what I''m talking about. :ROFLMAO:
You have no idea of the bullshit I have to do on daily basis to trick my brain/instincts to stop unhealthy behaviours :ROFLMAO:

Due to backward campatibility, I think we'll have the same type of graphical settings we have now on ps4 pro. Which could be a problem for my mental health :ROFLMAO: but let's see. Probably I'll force myself to the "nice graphics setting" both not to get used to 60fps (which I don't notice now even in games which have them, but I aminly play "narrative" games so fps are not a priority) and to use the freaking expensive 65" 4k TV I want to buy at its best (which will force me to use the 4k resolution in order not to be a waste of my money, talking about crazyness).

I do sound crazier than I actually am, but who cares... :LOL:

Top Bottom