Something needs to be done in regards to bribery

+
I'm not going to be able to say what exactly the issue is here. If it's with bribery itself or perhaps NG being able to replay it. All I know is that there is an issue. I noticed it awhile back when someone would use bribery to replay defenders. That seemed pretty crazy especially if they could do it more than once. Today the issue showed itself to me more than ever.

I was playing a swarm deck so I wasn't going to be using much control and I was just trying to outpoint this player in the final round. I knew he would get a lot of value replaying bribery and probably his leader and if I lost on points that way then so be it, fair play. The issue is that this person ended up using bribery to spawn Igni from my deck. Not once, not twice, but THREE times. Bribery is far too consistent if it can pull the same gold three times.

Again, I don't know what the solution is here. I want bribery to be playable but it seems far too strong to me in it's current form.

Edit:

I have two huge issues with this card.

-First and foremost this is a strong RNG card. I really don't like RNG cards. There is enough RNG built into the game already through the match up and your card draw. Adding in cards that can roll low or very high simply makes the game worse.

-My second problem with this card is that there there is a good chance that the good card the bribery player pulls will straight up counter your own strategy. One example is playing a swarm deck and your opponent pulls something like glusty or yennifer.

Last edited:
Due to a recent popularity of combo Bribery + Stefan in Nilfgaard (when bribery is played twice) I've noticed, that ALWAYS opponent gets exackly the same card created in the first, and secound time when bribery is played with Stefan's ability. So the question is: It is intentional that RNG card like bribery is 100% predictable when played by second time, or it is just a some kind of overlook? The same Question apply to situation, when I use van gerdith sword on opponent's shupe - instead of be able to create one of shupe abilities, it is just the same ability that opponent played before, and I dont mean by that a class of shupe like sourcer or hunter because it is obvious, but about certain ability, like create the same weather effect that opponent create ealier; thanks

Due to a recent popularity of combo Bribery + Stefan in Nilfgaard (when bribery is played twice) I've noticed, that ALWAYS opponent gets exackly the same card created in the first, and secound time when bribery is played with Stefan's ability. So the question is: It is intentional that RNG card like bribery is 100% predictable when played by second time, or it is just a some kind of overlook? The same Question apply to situation, when I use van gerdith sword on opponent's shupe - instead of be able to create one of shupe abilities, it is just the same ability that opponent played before, and I dont mean by that a class of shupe like sourcer or hunter because it is obvious, but about certain ability, like create the same weather effect that opponent create ealier; thanks

I am pretty sure the Shupe replay is intentional. I have a hard time believing Skellan into Bribery would be intentional though but thanks for letting me know that it apparently always replays the gold card it pulls the first time. I am completely against bribery working that way.

I am pretty sure the Shupe replay is intentional. I have a hard time believing Skellan into Bribery would be intentional though but thanks for letting me know that it apparently always replays the gold card it pulls the first time. I am completely against bribery working that way.

It is just aginst its description - it should be CREATED so choosed among 3 random cards every eatch time when it's played. Funny thing is , that we both are raising these issue from the perspective of people who dont play Nilfgaard - people who plays never bother to mention these bug ;)

It is just aginst its description - it should be CREATED so choosed among 3 random cards every eatch time when it's played. Funny thing is , that we both are raising these issue from the perspective of people who dont play Nilfgaard - people who plays never bother to mention these bug ;)

I play NG just haven't played it enough to notice this yet.

The chance to get the same card again from bribery is either 12%(if duplicates in create are possible) or 23% (if there can be no duplicate among the 3 cards you choose from).
I didn't encounter replay from Bribery enough to judge this, because Skellan and Damien die too fast in my matchups. In those few cases they managed to play it twice I saw no duplicates. But then those "duplicates" depend on the players choice what to create. I am not sure whats the issue is then.

I play NG just haven't played it enough to notice this yet.

I understand:) I - to the countary- play only Northen Realms for almost a Year :D so i am so very unobjective regarding to NR and never listen when I talk about them, but i think I am very observative about other fractions and they OP thanks to these :)
Post automatically merged:

The chance to get the same card again from bribery is either 12%(if duplicates in create are possible) or 23% (if there can be no duplicate among the 3 cards you choose from).
I didn't encounter replay from Bribery enough to judge this, because Skellan and Damien die too fast in my matchups. In those few cases they managed to play it twice I saw no duplicates. But then those "duplicates" depend on the players choice what to create. I am not sure whats the issue is then.

Issue is That secound choice of bribery is apparently not random , but same as first. And even third one according to Stryker

Last edited:

Issue is That secound choice of bribery is apparently not random , but same as first
Oh thats terrible then. Replay of bribery doesn't let me abuse the combo potential of my opponents cardpool and If I get 3 bronzes I am stuck forever with them. Yes thats bad, bribery needs a buff.

Does Syanna behave simmilar, when she repeats depoly create abilities?

Last edited:
As always, complaints coming from people who do not even play the card.

Bribery works exactly as intended. No conspiracy, no trickery in the Create mechanics, or whatever. When bribery is replayed you have a chance to get the same card available among the 3 choices. In fact, if we consider a base of 20 unique cards in a deck, this chance is around 15%, which is quite high.

If you ever give a try to NG and bribery you will see that there is absolutely no guarantee to get a good choice in the create choice.

PS : Shupe is also working as intended : the 3 Shupe choices are only given when you play the special Shupe card, not when you replay the unit using the Sword. By the way, playing the opponent Shupe special would be a very bad idea (eg. with Bribery) because your deck does not satisfy the deck building Shupe condition.

Bribery far too consistently pulls high tier golds like in my example of igni three times. If he is getting the choice of igni three times then I don't think the create choice is random every time like it should be.

Bribery works exactly as intended. No conspiracy, no trickery in the Create mechanics, or whatever. When bribery is replayed you have a chance to get the same card available among the 3 choices. In fact, if we consider a base of 20 unique cards in a deck, this chance is around 15%, which is quite high.

If you ever give a try to NG and bribery you will see that there is absolutely no guarantee to get a good choice in the create choice.

PS : Shupe is also working as intended : the 3 Shupe choices are only given when you play the special Shupe card, not when you replay the unit using the Sword. By the way, playing the opponent Shupe special would be a very bad idea (eg. with Bribery) because your deck does not satisfy the deck building Shupe condition.

You don't have to necessarily play a card a bunch of have a critique of it. I didn't play Sihil at the start of homecoming but I could tell it was busted regardless.

Natural conflict of interest bro :) people who play card always think its ok or should be better, people who plays aginst it think opposite. 🆔 But -now seriously- it was a question to sameone from technical support to explain if replicability of cards in secound or third use of Bribery was intended or no , because it is surely in conflict to cards (Stefan and Bribery) descriptions currently. So clarification in these area is needed - but in what direction, is less important IMO

Guest 4368268

Played bribery with NG very often and have played against it countless times too (and I'm just talking about this season) 9 times out of 10 it got me something great and 9 times out of 10 it got my opponent something great.

If my opponent is playing defender I'm pretty much guaranteed to find it. Sure there's the odd time it'll show you three crappy bronzes. It makes me unhappy either way. I think it's weird to pay 8 provisions for an Ozzrel or defender or Geralt card and it's weird to pay 8 provisions for tridam infantry. That's why I think it's just bad design.

If my opponent is playing defender I'm pretty much guaranteed to find it.

You have around 15% chances to get the defender. It is not "absolutely guaranteed" as you say.

That's why I think it's just bad design.

I'm okay with that but it is not what the topic is about ! OP pretends that when you replay Bribery, the draw is correlated with the first play. Just quoting here :

Bribery far too consistently pulls high tier golds like in my example of igni three times. If he is getting the choice of igni three times then I don't think the create choice is random every time like it should be.

This is false. Why do people make assumptions based on one personal example ?

This is false. Why do people make assumptions based on one personal example ?

Why are you making the assumption it's one personal experience? I only mentioned one example but I have seen bribery hit far too often.

I don't care if it's true or false. Bribery is bad RNG. I have had problems with RNG in Gwent for a long time now and this card is just the latest example of stupid RNG making the game worse. If my opponent did just get very lucky rolls ok does that mean the card is fine? No. Create was a dumb mechanic in beta and it's a dumb mechanic now.

Also when I said bribery might not be acting like it should be I meant that maybe it's not pulling from every card in the deck like it should be.

The only RNG I dislike with Bribery is when it creates a card that counters your own deck, for example with Glusty or Ozzrel. Other than that, I think the card is fine.

Not to mention the fact that sometimes, all you can get is a bronze card. I think the card is balanced ^^

You don't get a point - it's not about card in herself, but about combo of bribery played twice or even three times with Stefan Skellen Card - if You got perfect choice cards to spawn - You play it secound time knowing what You will get, if no - Just Save Skellen's ability to another card. And that is sometning that shouldn't work like that- RNG should be RNG - Just as it was design , no predictable

Guest 4368268

Survivorship bias says hi.
I Think you're overcomplicating things here:howdy: players that have stuck around for a while know Gwent has a tricky history with things that are based on 'randomness' (see the 'mulligan bug' and knighthood after release etc.)

Top Bottom