Need some help with this graphical issue.

+
Need some help with this graphical issue.

I'm on the Steam version of TW:EE. I'm on a PC that can handle TW2 on Ultra. This is my second play through and I'm a bit annoyed by this issue.

There are some characters who only have eyes and mouth for a head and others who have what can only be described as a silhouetted head. While others have the entire body silhouetted.

Here are a few screenshots. Let me know if they don't show up. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? My drivers are up to date.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918985880863768008/DB1F7EAE1CBE10E1B94424615E2EEDE4243B1D70/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/918985880863769608/DDC161A623C98C27094932FA6BF6325CF2C1609C/

Black objects in TW are generally missing textures. The "usual suspects" are the problems that could cause textures to be not read, read wrong, misapplied, etc. Mods that are incompatible or badly installed are the first things to check for: if you have any mods, remove them. Drivers or GPUs much newer than the game are a potential source of trouble: some users with AMD GPUs have had to install older versions of drivers. Hardware malfunction, particularly an overheating GPU or CPU, is another possible problem. You'd think that if your setup could run TW2 at Ultra, this wouldn't be a problem, but TW is not a multiprocessor game: it tends to run one core of the CPU at 100%.

GuyN said:
Black objects in TW are generally missing textures. The "usual suspects" are the problems that could cause textures to be not read, read wrong, misapplied, etc. Mods that are incompatible or badly installed are the first things to check for: if you have any mods, remove them. Drivers or GPUs much newer than the game are a potential source of trouble: some users with AMD GPUs have had to install older versions of drivers. Hardware malfunction, particularly an overheating GPU or CPU, is another possible problem. You'd think that if your setup could run TW2 at Ultra, this wouldn't be a problem, but TW is not a multiprocessor game: it tends to run one core of the CPU at 100%.

Ahh, I see. I have the latest Nvidia drivers for a GeForce 550 Ti and I'm running an 3.4Ghz AMD Phenom II X4 processor.

No mods. Running the vanilla game.

Tommy said:
You didn`t say but have you run a file integrity check to ensure you have all the files .

I did not even think about that. I'll do that now.

Sad thing it's fixed things in the past.

Thanks for the help guys. If you don't hear from me, I'm in-game.

EDIT: Thanks again, that fixed it.

Top Bottom