Cyberpunk 2077 REVIEWS - links & discussion

+
Regardless bugs, if the game is in this technical state in December, how bad was it around the original release date of April? Why not just use COVID as an excuse to delay it indefinetely instead of setting unrealistic release dates?

The TW3's main story line was too long according to community feedback, which is why a lot of people never finished the game. Anyhow, comparing it to CP2077 is moot because CP2077 has more side quests and more freedom.
Community or reviewers who had to hurry up to be ready for the embargo?
Or streamers who couldn't have a nice playthrough on their channel within a "reasonable" number of episodes?
Post automatically merged:

Regardless bugs, if the game is in this technical state in December, how bad was it around the original release date of April? Why not just use COVID as and excuse to delay it indefinetely instead of setting unrealistic release dates?
Because investors would've killed the CEO :p

The TW3's main story line was too long according to community feedback, which is why a lot of people never finished the game. Anyhow, comparing it to CP2077 is moot because CP2077 has more side quests and more freedom.

It's weird they took that feedback, cause I remember the consensus was that third act was rushed and needed more content

I find it a bit irritating by what people take away from reviews. The negatives seem to stick much more, it seems, as the reviewer average is pretty great so far.

And it is a bit problematic if one one only accepts the points oneself deems important but then completely disregard other valid criticism such as the transphobia arguments.

All that should simply show that the game offers a lot and whether you like it or not may very much depend on what is important to YOU. But others May have a much better or worse experience. And their points will matter just as much.

Good point:
Game seems to be really fun and addictive.
Story sounds great
Lots of lore and nods to find.

Bad points:
Bugs (meh, let's wait for the day one patch to blame them).
AI (same, maybe it's fixed)
Short story (IMO, journalists simply rushed the game to release their review in time).

From what I understood, Cyberpunk isn't as huge of a game it seems to be, but it will probably be a very good one, I'll give my own grumpy review after release.

Since I don't want to be spoiled accidentally by reading any of those reviews,I have a question for those of you who have read some of them.Did the reviews specify the campaign length?

From reviews I've read so far the main narrative is rather short but gets impacted by side content. So I don't think it's a simple matter where you pursue the main narrative and blow through it. The indications are doing so will mean you... miss a lot.

For instance, the IGN review covers that he only had a few different endings available when he just went through the main story but then he put a lot more time into side stuff & had a lot more available.....

Good point:
Game seems to be really fun and addictive.
Story sounds great
Lots of lore and nods to find.

Bad points:
Bugs (meh, let's wait for the day one patch to blame them).
AI (same, maybe it's fixed)
Short story (IMO, journalists simply rushed the game to release their review in time).

From what I understood, Cyberpunk isn't as huge of a game it seems to be, but it will probably be a very good one, I'll give my own grumpy review after release.
To be honest, I don't think a short ish main story is a bad thing.
I feel like an RPG shines for both its main and side quests.
As long as the overhaul experience is long enough, I don't really mind having a shorter main quest (within reason obviously, 5 hours would be way too short, for example).

Also, I think bugs and AI are gonna be the all time weakness of litterally every game ever (especially for open world).
It's kind of the same thing, it's within reason but I've never played an open world that doesn't have its fair share of bugs and flawed AI (not that I'm supporting the concept, if they manage to provide a bug free game I take it but I kinda gave up the idea a long time ago).

It's even more impactful as we progress in technology since games becomes bigger and more complicated.

I've been reading a quick review by someone who was expecting to write a book about it (like he did for TW3) and couldn't restrain his excitment (http://twitter.com/exserv85). He finished it today and waited the embargo lift: he is disappointed, to say the least, and he's giving up on writing about it. He also strongly recommands to wait or even cancel preorders.

Too many bugs, and clearly the game does not target the same demographic as TW3: "a futuristic GTA with the subtlety of Saints Row without its humor...". Infiltration, driving, RPG, close combat, IA, gunfight: according to him, CP77 excels at nothing, and this goes from bad to average.
Among other remarks, he posted a screenshot of the map. This is the most unattractive map I've seen in my life and I've played a lot of Ubisoft games.
Well, and it appears there are dildos to find everywhere in Night City, as collectibles. Hm. OK.

edit:
Main french reviews so far:
Gamekult 7/10
JV.COM 17/20
lemonde.fr "A shallow RPG and a weak FPS in a buggy astonishing world"

Not to bash him or whatever, but he's a nobody, he told he "loved" the licence but didn't even knew it came from an paper rpg, not to say that his "books" are mostly a bunch of copy paste.

I'd take his critics with a big grain of salt (like, when he actually wrote that CDPR's Cyberpunk marketing was aimed at Alt-Right... Yeah, sure choombah.)

Cyberpunk, the game, was never subtle or anything, it's not supposed to represent the Cyberpunk genre, it is it's own universe with lots of weird shits in it, it won't be for everyone (like asking a robocop movie without sleazy punks and gunfights)

I know CDPR has said many things over the last 2 years, but they've proven very good at changing their minds even few weeks prior to release.

You mean saying how much courage they have about doing what others dare not, and then going back to the old stuff once the pre-orders go down?

Personally, I much prefer that the game come out with certain bugs than to eat me again a report in the teeth and return to be depressed by telling me that maybe by then we may have been a victim of covid! We're finally there! Only two short days left from midnight! And what a pleasure to see that the game is for download. :D

+ Bulletsponges are very much a thing in the game.

True, they made the damage "gamey" (or is it related to cyberware armor too?)

To be honest, I don't think a short ish main story is a bad thing.
I feel like an RPG shines for both its main and side quests.
As long as the overhaul experience is long enough, I don't really mind having a shorter main quest (within reason obviously, 5 hours would be way too short, for example).

Also, I think bugs and AI are gonna be the all time weakness of litterally every game ever (especially for open world).
It's kind of the same thing, it's within reason but I've never played an open world that doesn't have its fair share of bugs and flawed AI (not that I'm supporting the concept, if they manage to provide a bug free game I take it but I kinda gave up the idea a long time ago).

It's even more impactful as we progress in technology since games becomes bigger and more complicated.

Agree.
I put it as a bad point from the review perspective, but since we'll grind the game, I guess it'll take us way longer to complete/explore.

AI is in the same boat... It's hard to judge it without playing it yourself.
Sometimes, something that looks stupid on screen is another thing when you're actually playing it yourself.

From reviews I've read so far the main narrative is rather short but gets impacted by side content. So I don't think it's a simple matter where you pursue the main narrative and blow through it. The indications are doing so will mean you... miss a lot.
That won't be a problem for me since I'll primary pursue side content.

Personally, I much prefer that the game come out with certain bugs than to eat me again a report in the teeth and return to be depressed by telling me that maybe by then we may have been a victim of covid! We're finally there! Only two short days left from midnight! And what a pleasure to see that the game is for download. :D

Bugs can be fixed nowadays, a bad game can't.
We've played throught Bethesda's lands, where glitches and chaos reign... Can't be worse.

I'm trying to avoid big journalist companies because sometimes they unintentionally spoil the game without knowing.

So instead, I'm checking in to independent reviews, like, MadQueen's. It seems to be a glorious game, but with some player issues from the female's perspective. And she mentions the bugs are there, but they aren't any of the magnitudes you usually experience with Bethesda games- that's a relief. In any case, we'll be getting a day 1 patch when the game officially releases. :ok:

Yongyea mentions two things that show the PC version is possibly bare bones. First, you can't fully remap to use items. You can only use 1-3 number keys for weapons. Secondly, you can only double tap to dodge, which meant he was dodging when he didn't want to during stealth sections. I hope this stuff is patched in later because not having fully remapable keys in an RPG is not good. And limited hot key functionality screams designed for controller

Top Bottom