I hope CP2077 also has attractive men.. ;-;

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
w

Wow.... that was my worst fear. Only one straight male option for women? Really? with FIVE female options? I'm just... speechless. I really hope that is not the full list, if so that's pretty disappointing.

Had to put your response in spoiler tags.[Mod edit]
Is River Ward seriously the only option for a female V??? that's dissappointing. I hope that this isn't the case and that some just haven't been played/discovered yet. Why promote the romance/sex aspect of the game if there isn't even much choice in the matter.

Like others have said, I was really expecting an equally "liberated" experience when I heard of this game and why i've been following it for so long. But it's just the usual where female/LGBT players have to play through the sexualization of female characters and just deal with it because we're not the important audience. Sigh.

Last edited:
Seriously!
Only one male romance option for male V and It's Kerry!
This is like dragon age inquisition all over again, unless you include the bull.
Man that a major let down! I seriously wanted to romance that sheriff out of all the "potential" people we'd seen.
Jesus, what in the actual f word, CDPR. This is a joke, right? 7 years of development and this is what you came up with? Really?

The cop was a huge NO from me, but now I'd be happy to even flirt with him at this point. :facepalm:

As if that wasn't a piss in the face to straight women and gay men already, they're just gonna force Alt Cunningham sex scenes on us. What a wreck.

Fail.

Last edited:
Can't believe there is only one gay romance option and I'm not interested in Kerry. I thought you could romance Jackie as both a male and female as he was bi?
Or is he a one night stand like the rest.

Very poor CDPR I feel like I've been lied too for 5 years!! But suppose they don't care now they have mine and other people's money.
You promised the same amount of choices for all not just straight males. It's false advertising I'm disgusted if I'm honest.
I'm actually not looking forward to playing now but as I have the collector's edition I will give it a go.
Should have done what bioware did with dragon age and mass effect at least they had decent choices for all!!!

I have read some things online about the romances, and if i am to believe these sources then there is no "serious" relationship for male characters, only flings, i hope that isn't the case

Ok, so let me repeat - please put the STORY & CHARACTERS discussion under spoiler tags. The game isn't out yet and there are people that might not want to stumble upon all those reveals by accident.

This is now second time such request is being made in this thread by moderators. Third time will probably mean locking the thread.

Guest 3573786

C2077 remains a story-driven game RPG first and foremost which happens to be in first person, it's not a Call of Duty. It's closer to Mass Effect in gameplay (which was fairly popular among females) than other FPS out there. The idea of a player-driven RPG in a Cyberpunk setting has every reasons to attract all type of players.

Beyond the romance being an issue, there is a fair share of gratuitous female nudity being displayed pretty much everywhere, as expected with the whole lust/objectification setting. So even if we ignore the lack of options for romance, a female/queer player will assuredly be exposed to tons of nude females (some of which basically in your face, like carrying a naked woman in your arms during a quest) while everything male-related will be toned down (or plainly censored, as the bathub scene has shown).

In other words, even if you accept you won't have interesting romances (or don't know about it), you'll still be drown in content that doesn't target your sexuality. Content that was heavily marketed and advertised for the duration of the game's production. Even the launch trailer shows close-up of a female romance option. Buying the game and playing it means we'll have to accept to deal with a female/male objectification ratio of 90/10. That can be a turn off and annoying.

The marketing department has gone out of its way to target specifically heterosexual male players despite saying at some point we would get equal treatment. So I have every reason to assume the game itself will be repelling to a vast majority of females/queers outside the FPS aspect of it.
It's not CoD, of course, but the fps combat is still fairly important. If standard fps games dont appeal to girls, how many of them would suffer through it here just to experience the role playing part? Some, sure. Many? Hard do say. I doubt many girls would jump onto Doom if they were only given a DoomGirl option.

As for objectification and gratuity, I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that from the perspective of pure realism, it's not strange that women are far more present in that aspect than men (if it turns out to be true for C2077). After all, we live in a culture that sexualizes women far more (some more unpleasant aspects of which could easily explain the scenes like the bathtub guy having underwear), so I wouldnt think it strange for that to be the case in C2077. That is, unless equal sexualization across genders is a staple of the setting (havent delved too much into cyberpunk), in which it would be absurd, I agree. From a game design perspective though, absolutely; studios should offer equal options to players if it's within their financial power to do so, especially if they promised it.

Ok, so let me repeat - please put the STORY & CHARACTERS discussion under spoiler tags. The game isn't out yet and there are people that might not want to stumble upon all those reveals by accident.

This is now second time such request is being made in this thread by moderators. Third time will probably mean locking the thread.
Sorry I literally only just signed up and posted, wasn't sure how put it as spoiler must have done it wrong sorry again.

Huge blow to straight women and gay men, but as someone with no gender preferences I still feel disappointed in all the options. I'm hoping there is more to this but eh, hearing about this and the bugs so far... not so excited.

I'd say I was someone who kept their hype in check, but I honestly thought that they would get this right.

The romantic encounters themselves I am not really overly excited about. Ill pursue a relationship as part of the game, but I never expect it to be a high point.

I do like the tone of the game being very sexualized, though. The swanky motels, adult stores, prostitutes, etc. The overall swanky dirty feel that a lot of large cities have at night. It adds to the realism.

There might be some surprise in there... Like Meredith Stout looks like a dominatrix. Lol. She has the disposition for it. That might be amusing.

But for the most part, ehhh. I would rather see fancy take downs and abilities than sex cut scenes.

Women couldn't vote for a long time and yet, here we are. Just because things used to be something doesn't void it from evolving and improving.

I agree i could have worded that differently, what i meant is that i've experienced these kind of discussions for a long time and i noticed that often people don't appreciate a game for the sole reason that it doesn't resonate with their personality and thus try to change it instead of embracing it and expanding their views.
There's nothing wrong with evolution and improvement but there are different ways to approach the problem.

Let's not forgot how Lara Croft was portrayed with her unrrealistic proportions for a very long time. While I will forever adore classic Lara for being a strong independant woman (traits she lost with the reboot era) and for pushing female representation forward, her look is what was used through most of her promotional material unfortunately and probably why it was more welcomed.

What's wrong with Lara's unrealistic proportions? It's a videogame, it doesn't HAVE to be realistic. What about Johnny Bravo? He-Man? EVERY hyper-muscular man in videogames (there's just too many to list).

Asking for better acknowledgement and awareness of who we are is not "politic".

I'm pretty sure that's what politics are for, either way i'm not denying your right to acknowledgement and awareness, i just don't think a videogame is the best channel for you to obtain them.

Your entire arguments also fall flat since C2077 aims at being a player-driven experience where you build your own character and experience your own journey. We were told there would be a fair split, we all paid (or will pay) for the game, we're all equal customers. So I don't see why we shouldn't express our concerns. We all want to enjoy the game equally here. I'm also not implying the enjoyment of the game or its quality boils down to representation, but when we see hetero male players having more perks and a deeper experience (because of wider story options) for the same price we paid, it's unfair.

I never said you shouldn't express your concerns, in fact i said the exact opposite, make your voice heard.
The only clarification i made is that there's a difference between providing your opinion and demanding something.
Do you think they cheated you with false advertising? By all means, feel free to refund and sue them, it's your right.

Nobody here is asking for LGBT/Female fair representations in every game that exist. Sometime yes, the storyline and the player character will be defined by its story (Uncharted, Watch_Dogs 1, Resident Evil 7, etc)

But Cyberpunk is a RPG, and it offers numerous features that target a specific gender and sexual orientation and give second treatment for the rest. So either they commit at giving equal choices to everyone as they said they would and as the genre implies, or they pick side and own it through and stop all the smoke and mirrors about player options in its marketing campaign.

I must admit this is the first time i've heard that RPG implies equal choices.
We're talking about a game that is trying to be as close to real life as possible, everywhere you see there's discrimination (especially against LGBT/Females), so you're telling me they did a good job to emulate that? Or are you denying that those people are discriminated against?
(I'm honestly confused here)

You should play Dragon Age: Inquisition. That's romance and representation done right.

That's on my list, i played Dragon Age: Origins and it had one of the best companion/romance mechanics ever so i hope they kept it that way.

So basically a "take it or leave it" situation. Disappointing argument. I must also point out the irony of saying we should not "impose ourselves" yet there you are, dictacting how things should be according to you.

i'll try to simplify:
Imagine i come up with a game where you have to score a ball into a net with only your feet otherwise you are penalized (i hope you are familiar with soccer).
Should i be forced to change the rules because there are people without feet?
No, it's my game and it's my choice, those people can play a different game if they want to.
Now if i told everyone that even people without feet can play soccer under my rules i would be a liar, and if you paid to join my soccer team only to find yourself unable to play, it would be in your rights to sue me, you would probably be compensated and get kicked out of the team, that doesn't imply the game rules would change.

I'm not imposing anything, i'm just sharing my point of view on the matter, i'm not demanding for anyone to change anything (unlike you let imply from your post), if you felt otherwise i apologize in advance as that wasn't my intention in the slightest. (i'll play my language barrier card here).

And in a dystopia there should be blind exploitations of all genders. There isn't. It's blatant female sexualization with minimal male sexualization perfectly suited for horny straight men.
Don't forget this isn't "any" dystopia, it's the one that Mike Pondsmith imagined so it's just fair it differs from your view.

Don't forget this isn't "any" dystopia, it's the one that Mike Pondsmith imagined so it's just fair it differs from your view.
Once again, a Mike Pondsmith dystopia with claims for over 7 years of equal sexualization of genders. It's not "my view" it was literally tweeted throughout the years and is a large part to why I gained interest in this game.

Once again, a Mike Pondsmith dystopia with claims for over 7 years of equal sexualization of genders.
This isn't the first time i've read the game was advertised for equal sexualization of genders and failed to deliver, i must have missed that. Do you have an official source i could check? I'd like to confirm that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom