Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
A lot of time I exit the game, this happens. Also there are issues with the game-time tracking, I played 90+ hours, but wunderbar Galaxy says 68...

7 Days after launch i'm still unable to play... always crashing right after character creation... Everything up to date... tryed every single fix on the internet... always the same error "unknown reason for the graphics card to crash" most disappointing launch ever... I have a reasonable PC. I5 4590 rx 5600xt 16gigs of ram and SSD... People suffering the bugs are the lucky ones... at lest they were able to play the game...

7 Days after launch i'm still unable to play... always crashing right after character creation... Everything up to date... tryed every single fix on the internet... always the same error "unknown reason for the graphics card to crash" most disappointing launch ever... I have a reasonable PC. I5 4590 rx 5600xt 16gigs of ram and SSD... People suffering the bugs are the lucky ones... at lest they were able to play the game...
I was having the exact same issue and here's how I solved it. Close every other program you have running. Ones that can do screen overlays especially (usual culprits are steam/gog/discord). Then navigate to your install directory/bin/x64 (I think) and run Cyberpunk2077.exe directly (it may be helpful to set it to run as administrator).
What you're running into is Nvidia's crappy driver crashing because the game supposedly isn't using DirectX properly or something.
Hopefully this helps. This helped me get into the game proper (when I promptly found out my CPU was pre-AVX, so I had to go down -that- rabbit hole of fixes)

Since the last patch I can't even complete the Corporate beggining due to the constant crashing. If someone can help me, please, I beg for help.

The info:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)

My Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 16 GB
GeForce GTX 1080

All patched up to the latest drivers.

I tried everything, and I mean everything, I've reinstalled windows twice, and finally I've managed to figure it out, for me it was incompatible RAM, few days ago I've changed motherboard and CPU and crashes started, it crashed 10 seconds after loading the game/starting character creation, before that I had 25 hours of playing with not a single crash. I have MSI X570A- Pro, my RAM wasn't in list of compatible RAM for that mobo, weirdly enough, when taking one stick out i could play for ~30 minutes, then game crashed, but one of the sticks(Had 2x8GB, one of them was older) refused to launch the game altogether, it crashed during CDProjekt Red logo. After buying new RAM (that was on MSI list of compatible RAMs) I've managed to play for 1,5 hours on fresh save without any crashes.

TL;DR : Check RAM compatibility on your manufacturers mobo site, incompatible/damaged RAM might cause crashes.

Context: Playing through the Ghost Town mission on PC, you get her car back and agree to go take out Nash at his hideout. Get killed a bunch of times during this section for a few reasons:

1) I'm on Hard difficulty and I need to Git Gud because a single bullet or grenade will kill me. (not a bug)
2) It is darker than my sense of humor where Panam decides to park before we're immediately pinned down under enemy fire, making it difficult to get your bearings the first few times.
3) Every time you reload the checkpoint, you sit through the drive-in sequence while sitting in the driver's seat, therefore inside Panam's model, making V take extra time moving into the passenger seat, before finally exiting to the right of the car. This happens *every* time after the first time.
4) The pieces of cover immediately surrounding Panam's parking spot seem rather inconsistent in whether or not they block incoming fire.
5) Panam seems active at the beginning of the fight but has a tendency to stop what she's doing to loiter in an area to the left of the car, despite combat still happening.

Wonder if anyone else is having these issues.

Ok, hear me out, I think I managed to fix my flatline problem (I mean it should be, I managed to play for one hour without a crash and did multiple side quests), which was usually this error:

Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Issue in my case was with BIOS. I have Aorus Elite b450 MoBo and this is literally last thing I wanted to do because it's not really recommended to tamper with BIOS however last crash I had in Overwatch also revealed to me it's a same error of crash, which made me realize maybe it's not game's issue after all. What i did was I went to update BIOS to latest version, however on the site for Aorus MoBo, when you go to download bios update, there's big notification in red letter that if I'm about to update my BIOS I should run EC FW Update Tool beforehand ''to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU. '' Reason why I didn't suspect a lot in this case is because PC came sort of configured and I just placed my SSD into it without more thinking. What happened in a long run is, that it locked 0.1 of my RAM away from Windows and if Windows cannot acces that RAM, its only obvious games would be locked away from it. Now my Windows show full RAM capacity, and game as of now seem if anything, more stable.

So steps to what I did (For Aorus B450 Elite):
1. Run EC FW Update Tool
2. Downloaded latest BIOS update from their site (in my case it's F60e)
3. Unpack zip file, and placed B450AE.60e file on USB drive (It has to be FAT32)
4. Restart the PC, then go to BIOS UI and then to Q-FLASH
5. Find your file and update it, restart computer and let it run a bit uninterrupted.

Now these are steps I did in case for my MoBo, if you have any other MoBo, be sure to read a good portion about it before going to the BIOS updating, and be careful.

In my case, I'm willing to apologize because in the end it was issue from my end. I hope rest of you folks can fix your problems too.

TLDR; Check out your PC properties and if your config is not showing full RAM capacity (like round number as it should), it might be that issue.

Crashing during all three of the origin stories. Latest updates for everything. Have turned all my graphics settings down and it doesn't make any difference.

My setup:

Alienware Aurora R11
Intel Core i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90 GHz
16 GB RAM
64-bit Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix

If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

Intel i7 CPU X 980
GTX 1060 6GB
Memory: 12 gb RAM

This Worked For Me!!! Thankyou, Now I can play this game!!
I used Notepad++ With HEX plugin
If anyone needs help with the old CPU crash Message me Im PLAYING CyberPunk2077!

Last edited:
This whole mindset is a direct path to frustration and disappointment.

Sure! And no one is denying that the game has issues. There are many, and I'm very sure they'll be sorted out over time. I'm not sure if you remember TW3 at launch, but there were all sorts of crashes, NPCs completely disappearing, enemies that would stop taking damage, broken quests and dialogue loops, inventory issues, shopkeepers who would suddenly stop selling things, huge performance slowdowns and stuttering...but...look at where it is today. Cyberpunk will be no different.

In the meantime, we have to troubleshoot as best we can and use whatever works. If people just don't want to be bothered with that, that's totally fine! And I fully understand the disappointment and frustration. But all the bitterness and upset in the world will not fix a single bug.

We're not hired to fix bugs. We've purchased a product that is faulty.

It's perfectly fine that things will get sorted over time, but the producers do deserve every bit of bitterness and upset that is
comming their way, because they sold us a faulty product.

They should instead have sold it as "early access".
Then we'd have the choice, if we wanted to be bothered with all the issues in this thread (and the ones you mention).
Then we'd have nothing to complain about, since we'd expect there to be bugs, issues and all sorts of crashes.

But they didn't. They sold us a faulty product.

Hi, just wanted to report a bug:
if you choose to go for revanche after the ghost town fight, and reload the save that happen just before the fight in the camp, you will appear in the driver seat instead of the passenger one (so the same one as the PNJ)

Sorry for my english as i'm french.

Game had been working fine...

until I started the first storyline in pacifica...

Now I get yet another crash log... unable to play since then.. I'm seriously getting tired of trying mods and fixes..
Reinstalled the .exe countless times... doesnt work with amd/RAM Mod and without.
Disabled Win Defender and no programs (MSI afterburner;RTSS) in the background.

R5-2600 (4,1ghz)//RTX 2070 OC//16 GB 3600Mhz

report.txt:
Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.1
LoadedModule[0]=Cyberpunk2077.exe
LoadedModule[1]=ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[5]=USER32.dll
LoadedModule[6]=win32u.dll
LoadedModule[7]=GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[9]=msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[10]=ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[11]=ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[12]=msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[13]=sechost.dll
LoadedModule[14]=RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[15]=dbghelp.dll
LoadedModule[16]=XINPUT1_3.dll
LoadedModule[17]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[18]=SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[19]=SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[20]=icuin.dll
LoadedModule[21]=cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=ole32.dll
LoadedModule[23]=icuuc.dll
LoadedModule[24]=combase.dll
LoadedModule[25]=bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[26]=WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[27]=OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[28]=Galaxy64.dll
LoadedModule[29]=bink2w64.dll
LoadedModule[30]=HID.DLL
LoadedModule[31]=PhysX3Common_x64.dll
LoadedModule[32]=PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x64.dll
LoadedModule[33]=PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
LoadedModule[34]=CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[35]=PxFoundation_x64.dll
LoadedModule[36]=redlexer_native.dll
LoadedModule[37]=NRD.dll
LoadedModule[38]=PhysX3_x64.dll
LoadedModule[39]=POWRPROF.dll
LoadedModule[40]=libcurl.dll
LoadedModule[41]=amd_ags_x64.dll
LoadedModule[42]=d3d11.dll
LoadedModule[43]=WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[44]=Normaliz.dll
LoadedModule[45]=oo2ext_7_win64.dll
LoadedModule[46]=MSVCP140.dll
LoadedModule[47]=VCRUNTIME140.dll
LoadedModule[48]=WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[49]=WININET.dll
LoadedModule[50]=IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[51]=MSWSOCK.dll
LoadedModule[52]=dxgi.dll
LoadedModule[53]=icudt.dll
LoadedModule[54]=IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[55]=UMPDC.dll
LoadedModule[56]=CRYPTBASE.DLL
LoadedModule[57]=bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[58]=kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[59]=windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[60]=Wldp.dll
LoadedModule[61]=SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[62]=shlwapi.dll
LoadedModule[63]=clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[64]=wbemprox.dll
LoadedModule[65]=wbemcomn.dll
LoadedModule[66]=wbemsvc.dll
LoadedModule[67]=fastprox.dll
LoadedModule[68]=amsi.dll
LoadedModule[69]=USERENV.dll
LoadedModule[70]=profapi.dll
LoadedModule[71]=MpOav.dll
LoadedModule[72]=uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[73]=GameServicesGOG.dll
LoadedModule[74]=CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[75]=rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[76]=napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[77]=pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[78]=wshbth.dll
LoadedModule[79]=NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[80]=DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[81]=NSI.dll
LoadedModule[82]=winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[83]=mdnsNSP.dll
LoadedModule[84]=fwpuclnt.dll
LoadedModule[85]=rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[86]=secur32.dll
LoadedModule[87]=SSPICLI.DLL
LoadedModule[88]=d3d12.dll
LoadedModule[89]=GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll
LoadedModule[90]=nvwgf2umx.dll
LoadedModule[91]=dxcore.dll
LoadedModule[92]=msasn1.dll
LoadedModule[93]=cryptnet.dll
LoadedModule[94]=WINTRUST.DLL
LoadedModule[95]=imagehlp.dll
LoadedModule[96]=nvspcap64.dll
LoadedModule[97]=ntmarta.dll
LoadedModule[98]=nvapi64.dll
LoadedModule[99]=nvldumdx.dll
LoadedModule[100]=D3DSCache.dll
LoadedModule[101]=twinapi.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[102]=MMDevApi.dll
LoadedModule[103]=DEVOBJ.dll
LoadedModule[104]=dinput8.dll
LoadedModule[105]=inputhost.dll
LoadedModule[106]=wintypes.dll
LoadedModule[107]=CoreMessaging.dll
LoadedModule[108]=PROPSYS.dll
LoadedModule[109]=CoreUIComponents.dll
LoadedModule[110]=iertutil.dll
LoadedModule[111]=ondemandconnroutehelper.dll
LoadedModule[112]=winhttp.dll
LoadedModule[113]=WINNSI.DLL
LoadedModule[114]=Wtsapi32.dll
LoadedModule[115]=schannel.DLL
LoadedModule[116]=mskeyprotect.dll
LoadedModule[117]=NTASN1.dll
LoadedModule[118]=ncrypt.dll
LoadedModule[119]=ncryptsslp.dll
LoadedModule[120]=AUDIOSES.DLL
LoadedModule[121]=MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[122]=resourcepolicyclient.dll
LoadedModule[123]=textinputframework.dll
LoadedModule[124]=Windows.Perception.Stub.dll
LoadedModule[125]=gpapi.dll
LoadedModule[126]=nvngx.dll
LoadedModule[127]=DEVRTL.dll
LoadedModule[128]=drvstore.dll
LoadedModule[129]=SPINF.dll
LoadedModule[130]=nvngx_dlss.dll
LoadedModule[131]=nvcuda.dll
LoadedModule[132]=nvcuda64.dll
LoadedModule[133]=dcomp.dll
LoadedModule[134]=dwmapi.dll
LoadedModule[135]=WINSTA.dll
LoadedModule[136]=nvrtum64.dll
LoadedModule[137]=TextShaping.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe

stacktrace.exe

Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x381B847B099B.

I don't know if it has already been said, I haven't read the 100 pages. I had regular crashes with the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) error

I used DS4Windows which ultimately is not useful and since I no longer run it I no longer have crashes

Hi there, not sure if anyone said it yet, but i just fixed my pc cyberpunk crashes by defaulting the gpu overclocking, literally took me few days to figure it out, hope it helps someone

So, thats what they say here:
I. Notably the crashes on launch occur on the older Windows 10 versions, e.g. version 1607 (Build 14393) and version 1703 (Build 15063). This is because the updated version of DirectX 12, that Cyberpunk 2077 uses, was released later than the mentioned builds.

Could somebody explain whats is the critical difference between 2017_dx12_version and before_2017_dx12_version?

Also here
Note: Cyberpunk 2077 is a DirectX 12 game. DirectX 12 works on Windows 7 thanks to porting tools and features may be limited. Also, please mind that Microsoft ended official Windows 7 support in January 2020.

Do not know how to comment it... It is like the say: we do not promise you will be able to play CP2077 with your limited dx12

Last edited:
Top Bottom