Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawyers love to file lawsuit . Its thier job . T
Couple of responses:

1. Whether the community got scammed is 100% not a subjective statement. It's the exact opposite in fact. It's an objective statement that turns on whether or not CDPR advertised/promised one thing and then delivered another. If CDPR did, then consumers were scammed. If they did not, consumers were not scammed. There's nothing subjective about it.

2. Consumers are under no duty to perform due diligence when it comes to advertisements. If the company says a product has a certain feature, I do not have to verify that claim by doing my own thorough inspection of the product. The simple fact the company said it had such features when it did not, and then consumers purchasing the product is sufficient to establish a scam. Thus your entire section you wrote under "due diligence" is misinformation and does not align with consumer protection law.

Of course the above two points turns on whether CDPR actually made false or misleading statements, which is a point that could be debated.

3. Lastly, you wrote: "Again with the 'hype' and 'missing features' rant so what?" Not really sure how you can justify being so dismissive here. The amount of missing features have caused the final product to be a far cry from what people were expecting. Even if the game is "$60 worth of fun" that doesn't change the fact that people were reasonably expecting much, much bigger bang for their buck especially when it came to this particular company. I'd argue the Witcher 3 was worth a $300 experience, especially when compared to other $60 titles on the market at the time. Consumers were expecting something similar with CP 2077; a groundbreaking, revolutionary experience tucked into a $60 price tag that far surpassed its peers. Instead we got a another mediocre $60 experience. That's a pretty big "what" that people are justifiably upset about. CDPR was the company you gave your money to in order to get quality and substance for your $60, not another run-of-the-mill company giving you another $60 piece of passable junk.

1. It is subjective statement . Everything previous office release is subject to change it was stated by the devs may times.

2 Due Diligence is a phrase that’s commonly tossed around in the consumer world, but has a special meaning within the context of a legal dispute. In a broad sense, it refers to the level of judgment, care, prudence, and investigation that a person would reasonably be expected to do under particular circumstances. If a consumer hasn’t done his/her due diligence, it could mean the difference between winning and losing a case, and will pose challenges to being able to dispute the contract terms or performance of the contract.

In the legal world, Due Diligence actually means a complete and appropriate review of documentation and facts by a party, before purchasing a good/service, or engaging in business with another party.
It is a full and complete review using the advice of professionals as needed, so that when one is done, one knows all there is to know, before buying or engaging in business.

Due Diligence IS NOT similar to kicking the tires on a car. Due Diligence IS similar to taking the car to a garage, having it checked out completely, and personally checking out every part that does not require the expertise of a mechanic.

source

So if you bough the game before December 10th you DID NOT due diligence because you DID NOT have all the info there for the consumer bares all "fault" if they are not satisfied or feel they were mislead.

3. Your subjective opinion.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Last edited:
Its not that bad honestly!

Nah it's fine guys, release it.
download (2020).jpg

Look at the guy above you. He's forgotten already. And CDPR has not apologised for what they did wrong, they've offered some "in retrospect we were not good enough" verbiage that doesn't mean anything.

I am pretty sure that some people at CDPR occasionally scan this forum and I would very much like if those people did not get the idea that all is fine and the only problem is some bugs here and there.

I wish I could trust CDPR to pick a good option, but that trust died on December 10. And it is important for me that particularly their executives and their marketing people understand the kind of violation of trust that they engaged in. So despite how much I hate repeating myself, I don't see that there's a better option but to keep stressing the issues.

II have not for gotten anything. Nor do I think they owe anyone anything with the exception of some refunds on last gen consoles.

They released a game that was not a good as their previous one . Oh well life moves on . the fact that so many people are acting like they have just committed a war crime and nuked a city in its entirety form orbit over " false hype" and "missing features" is the purest example of excessive over reaction.
Post automatically merged:

Nah it's fine guys, release it.
View attachment 11126882
hmmm looks around . there is no fire in my room.

Lawyer here. The problem is this would be an extremely difficult claim to prove. To succeed on this claim you would have to show that the seller (CDPR) specifically advertised features that the product did not actually have and you purchased the product believing the product to have said features. With the prominent disclaimers given by CDPR in their videos (both visually and orally) you'd be unlikely to get very far.

Now if they said, for example, "the game has over 200 fully-customizable vehicles, build the car of your dreams!" then you'd have a valid claim.
Just go watch all the advertising on their youtube. You will have a lot of moments where you said that's not in the game. Watch the night city wire interviews as well.

All the early gameplay clearly states Work in Progress. Relentless complaining about transparency in the work in progress phase of dev is just going to condition them to share nothing with their audience.

If you're not having fun, then just get your refund and go play something else. Wallowing in negativity isn't going to help your enjoyment, and its not going to convince anyone to fundamentally change the game. Summing up an entire game experience with a 2 minute video cherry picking bad AI mechanics is lazy critique, and frankly we have a month's worth of hot takes like this on youtube already. Kicking a dead horse at this point.
Yep and I will kick this dead horse until CDPR will follow through with their word. That's how as a community you can make a difference. Expose the issues with the game as well as all the false promises so that way we can eventually get the game we were promised. https://web.archive.org/web/2021010...ards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975/948379792
Also when the early footage from 2018 that looks complete and working is leagues better than the product received people will always make sure others know so that way people know what game they are getting and not the game they promised.

Last edited:
Just go watch all the advertising on their youtube. You will have a lot of moments where you said that's not in the game. Watch the night city wire interviews as well.

Yep and I will kick this dead horse until CDPR will follow through with their word. That's how as a community you can make a difference. Expose the issues with the game as well as all the false promises so that way we can eventually get the game we were promised. https://web.archive.org/web/2021010...ards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975/948379792
Also when the early footage from 2018 that looks complete and working is leagues better than the product received people will always make sure others know so that way people know what game they are getting and not the game they promised.

I'm surprised that there isn't a class action law suit over false advertisement.
Sadly the false advertisement became a norm in this business.

Recently Fallout 76, Anthem... No Man Sky.

Almost all of Peter Molyneux promises - the whole "Godus debacle".

And "Watch Dogs". I remember the first E3 gameplay trailer... and the downgrade at the release...

If we, as players will still accept this kind of behavior, then the corpos will still push unfinished games. It will get worse and worse.

Players accept microtransactions in 60$ games, and it became the norm. And this is scary when it is all going.

yea unless the mods just make a rant mega thread its going to be repetitive . The fact in my view people are overreacting this much ts just getting to the point of extreme absurdity.
But it's only extreme because consumers in the gaming industry are always constantly being sold unfinished buggy games, games that are filled with promise but don't deliver on said promise, or games sold that are all unfinished, buggy to all hell, and riddled with MTX. The consumer is tired of being dicked over by the corporate end of the gaming industry and this type of backlash needs to be either increased or consistant so that way the consumer will finally have a voice of reason instead of the tiny mouse speaking in the corner and not being able to make a difference with the hobby that they love.

Sadly the false advertisement became a norm in this business.

Recently Fallout 76, Anthem... No Man Sky.

Almost all of Peter Molyneux promises - the whole "Godus debacle".

And "Watch Dogs". I remember the first E3 gameplay trailer... and the downgrade at the release...

If we, as players will still accept this kind of behavior, then the corpos will still push unfinished games. It will get worse and worse.

Players accept microtransactions in 60$ games, and it became the norm. And this is scary when it is all going.
yep read my most recent replying to MAXXVOLATGE. I essentially said the exact same thing.

Lawyer here. The problem is this would be an extremely difficult claim to prove. To succeed on this claim you would have to show that the seller (CDPR) specifically advertised features that the product did not actually have and you purchased the product believing the product to have said features. With the prominent disclaimers given by CDPR in their videos (both visually and orally) you'd be unlikely to get very far.

Now if they said, for example, "the game has over 200 fully-customizable vehicles, build the car of your dreams!" then you'd have a valid claim.
This is the comparison of 2018 gameplay demo to retail/release. That was taken off of reddit.

Attachments

• cyberpunk 2077 comparison.png
    cyberpunk 2077 comparison.png
    4 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out and get what I mean, if you try.
(to clue you in : the conversation and my reply weren't about "this very topic" at all).

My initial post wasn't even into this thread. It was relocated into this thread by a moderator -- I'd initially replied to a thread asking if the devs could fix the game. So if you want to discuss the tight controlling of narative then you'd need to take it up with the moderators.

Nonetheless, you said what you said regardless of where you said it and as such any forum member has a right to reply to it. I'd imagine that some people would like past events to have not played out as they did, but they did and pretending that they did not serves no one well.

The 2018 gameplay demo has a disclaimer that says it's a work in progress and subject to change. Not only that, but the narrator says this as well. "Everything you see is potentially subject to change." This is standard industry practice.

You'll notice that in the complaints drafted for the existing class action suits that allege securities fraud, they don't cite to the instances that non-lawyers cite to with what they think constitutes false advertising. They're pointing to statements told to investors. I'm still skeptical of that resulting in a win for the plaintiffs, but it's more clever than false advertising.

I somewhat disagree with the other poster, though I could be misinterpreting what they're saying. Devs could go on stage in 2018 and literally lie to you; they could tell you that X feature is in the game, and that would still not be false advertising, as there's an expectation and reasonable awareness that things shown at these presentations are subject to change. Now, had the box art or release trailers explicitly promised features that weren't in the game, that would be grounds for a lawsuit. But that's not the case here. File a suit alleging that and you'll find yourself on the bad end of a summary judgment ruling.

To answer this thread...

We not talking about scripted moments in the story, stash points in other peoples houses, police that spawn and don't chase.

This video was focused on NPCs and the montage in the beginning of the game, yet the intention was to give consumers the idea that style would serve a purpose other than numbers. That the things you see in this video are obtainable.

Changeable parts and tuning. My message to the marketing team, don't use those words if you know car customization isn't in the game.

This video was made with the purpose to give consumers the idea that Lifepaths would be a lot...way more than dialogue choice, 15-20 min intro, that'll then tie you in via a montage(that they used in almost all NCW) that makes you an streetkid by default. Oh and a lil side gig.

I'm only giving 5 videos(5th below) that for the most part is all false advertisement. Now in defense people can argue that for example the first video is in regards to the story mode, scripted moments, and the house you get but can't keep at the end of the game.

I'm here to tell you that if we're going to be truthful and logical that the marketing behind these videos knew exactly what they where doing. So as a consequence I'll hold CDPR accountable and now they need to walk the same tune these videos showcase.

Side note, can someone explain this to me...

4 hours no combat, 6 hours till the title card. WTF, how? So maybe they got the game that was marketed because this game is definitely more action than RPG.

I'll end with, if you're enjoying this game, that is fine, it's possible to enjoy this game. So don't feel like just because the game factually isn't a masterpiece or great game(it's inconsistency is the primary reason), that I'm saying you can not enjoy it. What I hope is that CDPR do indeed make the videos I just posted...true and not lies or half truths. Cause this game can be great long as they receive criticism and act on it. I understand management/marketing is mostly to blame, I hope the devs who poured their hearts into this game get their just due in time. So that's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Side note, can someone explain this to me...

4 hours no combat, 6 hours till the title card. WTF, how? So maybe they got the game that was marketed because this game is definitely more action than RPG.

This is from less than a month before release?

I want THAT game. Cuz this one? Ain't it.

Narrator: "it is a roleplaying game through and through"

Sure. If by "roleplaying" you actually mean "a predetermined role in a playable movie script". :rolleyes:

I just realized that the metro was suppose to run on top and on bottom part of the track (as shown in the first demo video). In the released version it only runs on top part but I have seen at least one station that is also for the bottom part of the track.
Capture.JPG

lawyers love to file lawsuit . Its thier job . T

1. It is subjective statement . Everything previous office release is subject to change it was stated by the devs may times.

2 Due Diligence is a phrase that’s commonly tossed around in the consumer world, but has a special meaning within the context of a legal dispute. In a broad sense, it refers to the level of judgment, care, prudence, and investigation that a person would reasonably be expected to do under particular circumstances. If a consumer hasn’t done his/her due diligence, it could mean the difference between winning and losing a case, and will pose challenges to being able to dispute the contract terms or performance of the contract.

In the legal world, Due Diligence actually means a complete and appropriate review of documentation and facts by a party, before purchasing a good/service, or engaging in business with another party.
It is a full and complete review using the advice of professionals as needed, so that when one is done, one knows all there is to know, before buying or engaging in business.

Due Diligence IS NOT similar to kicking the tires on a car. Due Diligence IS similar to taking the car to a garage, having it checked out completely, and personally checking out every part that does not require the expertise of a mechanic.

source

So if you bough the game before December 10th you DID NOT due diligence because you DID NOT have all the info there for the consumer bares all "fault" if they are not satisfied or feel they were mislead.

3. Your subjective opinion.

You don't really seem to have a firm grasp on what "subjective" means. But first, you are right that #3 is my subjective opinion when I state something like the W3 was a $300 game. But just because an opinion is subjective, doesn't make it useless or invalid especially in this context. You wrote off people's frustrations by saying "so what" and I used my subjective opinion to show why people were justifiably frustrated, and also asserted that this is a common view held by many people as can be seen across the internet.

And with due diligence, you are 100% wrong here. You've simply defined what "due diligence" is and highlighted what is required of parties in the context of a commercial contract. As a lawyer, I can say with certainty you are confused about the difference in context. Again, if something is advertised a certain way, a consumer is under no obligation to verify the truthfulness of that claim. Using your analogy, if you sold me a car and told me it had a new transmission and only 100,000 miles and those statements were not true, you would be liable for fraud. I am NOT required to verify the truthfulness of your claims by taking the car to a dealership before purchasing. As another example, if I pre-purchase a vehicle being told that it will be a V8 and the final product when it hits the market is a V6, I am entitled to get my money back. I don't have to sit around and wait for reviews of the vehicle to surface after it hits the market and the true specs are then revealed. Again, this is the difference between relying on the representations of a seller in deciding to make a purchase and the obligations of parties in a commercial contract.

So you are flat out wrong here. If a company makes claims that a product will have a certain feature, I pre-purchase the product based on those statements, then the final product does not have such feature, that is fraud based on false or misleading statements. In case you were still confused, note Meriam-Webster's definition of false advertising:

"The crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public." Source

Thus regardless of a consumer's level of diligence, a consumer can have a claim in tort simply by virtue of the company making misleading or deceptive representations with the intent to promote the sale of goods. The consumer actually bears NO fault and has no duty to educate themselves beyond what is advertised. Again you are completely wrong on this point.

But of key importance is whether or not CDPR did anything misleading. I won't comment on the merits of any possible claim one way or the other other than by noting that many of the trailers and explicit statements made by CDPR do not appear to align with the final product. Not every piece of media or statement they put out was accompanied by a "things are subject to change" style disclaimer. So again you are wrong.

edited for grammar/typos

Last edited:
If they did then they wouldn't be able to be sued for false advertising.

I like that the whole of the gameplay is in first person. But I wouldn't mind some third person cutscenes or make it toggleable. But what we got was not what they were advertising and showed us before.

i agree first person is better for immersion, but there are a lot of times where third plays a lot better. Like when running through a building in stealth or combat in the urban settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom