[TW1] [mod] Blue Naiad texture that doesnt effect the Dryad-Morhen

+
Good gawd, you worked on that fast. o_OCorylea you are a monster! XDSeriously though, the blue looks much richer than the original work & I even see you made sure not to let something as tiny as the ruby red jewel that is around the right wrist get over shadowed by the stronger color depth overall, damn. I personally love it, thanks.Uploaded a clipped shot for reference. Note to others: This is the bare mod, but these creatures aren't supposed to have a 'bush' in the first place.

tracido said:
Seriously though, the blue looks much richer than the original work & I even see you made sure not to let something as tiny as the ruby red jewel that is around the right wrist get over shadowed by the stronger color depth overall, damn.
No, as I said in my post, the textures aren't mine. The only thing I changed about the textures was their name. :) If I open the texture files on my computer, they look fairly pale, but in the game, they look much darker. I'm not sure why that is, but in any case, the textures aren't mine -- they were done by Felldude, the same person who did the wonderful nude Shani and Triss textures.Here's how it looks in the texture file. Her hair is a dark blue, but her skin is fairly light:
Note to others: This is the bare mod, but these creatures aren't supposed to have a 'bush' in the first place.
I have the bare textures because they were sent to me by someone who wanted my advice about how to update them for the EE (but who didn't take my advice; as far as I know, he dropped the project, which is why I updated them myself), and the bare textures were the ones he had. Personally, I prefer women with pubic hair, but I don't have those textures, so I couldn't make them EE-compatible.

I knew they weren't yours Corylea, I was in this thread way back when it was a pale blue. What I was confused on was I thought you had tweaked the coloring having seen your skills before. ;)Also, I do know what the dds files looked like, I have an editor program for these files that I was messing with before D'jinni.As for the bush; well, preferences or not, these creatures are supposed to be without one, it has to do with the youthful tie to unchanging age. I could link several artistic renderings with no pubic hair in sight & mythos discussions but, as you said elsewhere about preference, each have their own. In most artistic renderings they certainly are not blue either, but I love the deep color & feel it works wonderfully.If you want to alter the original non-bare to work for the EE I'll link a site upload for it; found it on my older HDD. It may just be the one you'd prefer, however I'm not sure how to change it properly, or enhance the color as was done here.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QH6GQ6SG

tracido said:
Also, I do know what the dds files looked like, I have an editor program for these files that I was messing with before D'jinni.
Hon, I wasn't trying to insult you by posting the picture of the DDS file. Lots more people lurk than post, and I was giving a fuller answer than YOU needed for the OTHER readers of this thread.
As for the bush; well, preferences or not, these creatures are supposed to be without one,
I think any creature that's entirely mythical can be envisioned by each person in their own way.
If you want to alter the original non-bare to work for the EE I'll link a site upload for it; found it on my older HDD. It may just be the one you'd prefer, however I'm not sure how to change it properly, or enhance the color as was done here.
Thank you for posting those! Making them EE compatible is the work of moments; the thing that took the longest time in adapting the previous textures was finding a Chapter 4 saved game to test them in. :) So I'll upload an EE-ready version soon.Edited to Add:Okay, I've uploaded the EE version of these textures, too. So, there are two versions:1. A medium-blue lady without pubic hair2. A light-blue lady with pubic hairFelldude actually made SIX versions -- three shades of blue, each with and without hair -- but I can only update the textures I actually have.As with the other one I uploaded, you can get these at http://corylea.com/blue_naiad.html.Here's a picture of this lighter lady:

Corylea said:
I think any creature that's entirely mythical can be envisioned by each person in their own way.
Fair enough, but as I was saying blue skin isn't usually found in the artistic representations either (although most of the documented & easier to find mythos/artworks are from Greek mythology), but meh, really why I didn't feel like linking those things in the first place is it wasn't fully what the thread was about...Also, well I actually found three of them bare, & the Lady of the Lake in all three tones plus the Naiad w/ hair. It's coming back to me, what I was doing had been trying to work out how to return the different 'more wavy' hair to the Lady & make the hair on the Naiad less 'dreadlock' like, also I had wanted to change the 'decorum' around the Naiad to be more water based instead of the leaves around her, et cetera. In the midst of this someone pointed out the size was too large as the mythos called for Naiad's & Dryad's to be more 'ehem' younger looking in size/structure, hence another mod that I still have as well, thanks to Felldude.Felldude really pulled out alot before the modding tools ever came to be, wonder if he'll come back for TW2 modding?Anyway, you are welcome, & as a matter of fact I'm uploading the rest here, as I didn't even realize they weren't hosted or downloadable. Not just in the thread but at all, nor that you didn't mind working on them either way.Believe me though, I love contributing to the modding community here.I got myself a nasty bug recently & have barely been able to pop on for at least a day & a half, thankfully I'm feeling better & the fever has subsided from over 101F, could have been worse but, I'll not describe the lack of fun what I caught was like, bleh (thank heaven for the hydrating).Naiad w/ pubic hair + Lady of the Lake also w/ bush in all three original flavors unfixed for the EEhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=5TL40XBKWell my PC's givin me issues (folders froze during a .rar), & I'm not out of the woods yet so I'll leave that mega pack of the type you said you preferred there for now & edit this post later.EDIT: All 3 original colors for LotL & Naiad bare unfixed for EE; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYZHBGL9Size change for Dryad & Naiad mythos aficionados unfixed for EE; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0W7E7HCK

tracido said:
Fair enough, but as I was saying blue skin isn't usually found in the artistic representations either (although most of the documented & easier to find mythos/artworks are from Greek mythology), but meh, really why I didn't feel like linking those things in the first place is it wasn't fully what the thread was about...

Also, well I actually found three of them bare, & the Lady of the Lake in all three tones plus the Naiad w/ hair.

secondchildren said:
Try searching here http://witcher.nexusmods.com/ It gathers all Witcher1 and 2 mods
Those aren't on the Witcher Nexus, sadly. The textures belong to Felldude, but they're being posted by someone who isn't Felldude, so they didn't qualify for uploading to the Nexus under its old rules. Those rules have relaxed recently, so if those mods are altered to work with the EE, they could be uploaded now.

The ones I updated to work with the EE are here, but I only did two out of the six textures that Felldude made. If Tracido uploads the others, I might update those, too.

That's a shame, I had forgotten about megaupload's, destruction. >:/ There were a ton of things it was used for beyond pirated files, sheesh. I have them all on my HDD's but I don't have time to find somewhere to host them, I can send them to someone IF they will get them hosted of course, though.

EDIT: Yeah, looking again these files are way too big for hosting here, just one of the packs is 29+MB Just thought I'd try to at least before bed.

tracido said:
That's a shame, I had forgotten about megaupload's, destruction. >:/ There were a ton of things it was used for beyond pirated files, sheesh. I have them all on my HDD's but I don't have time to find somewhere to host them, I can send them to someone IF they will get them hosted of course, though.

EDIT: Yeah, looking again these files are way too big for hosting here, just one of the packs is 29+MB Just thought I'd try to at least before bed.
I'm hosting the ones I've updated to work with the EE on my site, with full credit given to Felldude for the textures, so if you have some other versions of this that need a host, send me a PM, and I'll give you my e-mail address.

I have a question concerning the Naiad. I just started the game again with the mod this time. After I run up the collapsing stairs she is still standing down below and won't follow me after that. Is there any way to make her follow me permanently or have the option to call her like you do with the wolf?

Faintestidea said:
I have a question concerning the Naiad. I just started the game again with the mod this time. After I run up the collapsing stairs she is still standing down below and won't follow me after that. Is there any way to make her follow me permanently or have the option to call her like you do with the wolf?
This thread is just for a texture replacement. If you're looking for the Dryad Healer Mod, you can find it at The Witcher Nexus. To the best of my knowledge, the author of that mod doesn't have a thread for it here on the official Witcher forum.

Since she made her mod based on the Wolf mod, though, you could try using the Wolf's whistles and see if they call the Dryad.

Top Bottom