[SPOILER] Adam Smasher. Character we have lost.

+

Who is mr. Smasher?

• Big Bad Boss, mindless killing machine

Votes: 66 74.2%
  • Complex Character, Man who has a story to tell

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
Hanako lying? Never would have thought it xD To be honest, I never trusted that b...:coolstory:
V requires more obvious clues. Because that Mikoshi ending exists. V should never fall for it. I got insulted when I saw that ending option. I was like LOL.

Hanako lying? Never would have thought it xD To be honest, I never trusted that b...:coolstory:

Honestly, I assume she's drank the Arasaka kool aid like Goro and is the only person who'd not headshot you after removing the chip.

The great difference between Saul and me is the Legendary Assault Rifle in my hands and this hack: "Cybernetic Malfunction."

Which....oh makes it so sweet. They even give him unique dialogue for it.
You play as V, not Saul, of course everything in the game revolves around characters that known by V and V him/her self.
as the Players who play V, you have the choice not to do anything and go for the easy way. Be forgotten by Night city with every people known to V commented on his/her death. In the end Arasaka still the master of Night City and Smasher still Arasaka's top dog.

V just faced consequences of his/her deeds. As a player im forced to submit to the storytelling. I cant say Dex to go and fuck himself and went myself back in the streets to continue my bloody business with local punks.
Im forced to clean up the shit i didnt decide to start. And i see nothing special in Arasaka reps treating V as a piece of shit. You broke into someone's house and now after the police took your ass you're waiting to be scold a little? If Saburo wasnt killed that day the trouble with stolen relic and thieves will be solved shortly. Without any special attention given.
And no, Johnny engram isnt unique. Its only a copy on a single relic. "Original" is stored inside Mikoshi, like any other engram.

Yes unfortunately that's the video game storytelling if you don't like it, then it's subjective, Dev's given you choices with boundary, besides when you read a book, you can't even choose the outcome of the storytelling, I think you're frustrated with the game design choice, but using the lore to justify it. Well, the engram copy maybe not unique, but it's still priceless, imagine if Kang Tao manages to get it.

V requires more obvious clues. Because that Mikoshi ending exists. V should never fall for it. I got insulted when I saw that ending option. I was like LOL.
Because Hanako is another lost character doomed to be archetypical treacherous and hypocritical rich bitch. Oh, she is a japanese too? Double the Meanness! No, of course there is no connection to Pearl Harbor at all.

nah, i disagree, i don't think there's anything deeper to Adam Smasher than what's shown. he's a psychopath on corpo payroll. i don't see who or why would anyone try to dig deeper on him. i doubt there's any significant inner struggle he's dealing with as long as he gets to apply his cruel ethics while doing his job and enjoy the occasional opportunity to exact some cruelty and enjoy other people's suffering. doubt there's any family, friends or any background worth knowing about him specifically. the only reason he hasn't died yet is cause he lacks a conscience and an internal struggle and never cared worth a damn about anything soulful. "oh, this piece of tech will stop me from dying for a while longer? yeah stick it in there"

he likes exerting power but not in any metaphysical way, he doesn't want to have power over people like Saburo Arasaka and he doesn't stand for anything like Yorinobu; nor does he care about them either. he's just doing his job and knows he won't have to worry about losing anything as long as he's a good lap dog and protects and never bites the hand that feeds him. he just likes exerting physical power and demonstrating it and making extreme use of it with every occasion. he probably has a box of puppies in his house from which he takes one every day and twists its neck off and drinks its blood or something like that.

there's your adam smasher backstory

edit: oh, he's the mountain from Game of Thrones

You play as V, not Saul, of course everything in the game revolves around characters that known by V and V him/her self.
as the Players who play V, you have the choice not to do anything and go for the easy way. Be forgotten by Night city with every people known to V commented on his/her death. In the end Arasaka still the master of Night City and Smasher still Arasaka's top dog.

I'm saying that Adam Smasher getting killed by a legendary Edgerunner than one random nomad is more believable.

Honestly, I assume she's drank the Arasaka kool aid like Goro and is the only person who'd not headshot you after removing the chip.

In all truth, I don't believe anything coming out of the mouth of anyone from Arasaka and least of all from anyone from the Arasaka family :rolleyes: I know a lot of people here like Takemura but he's indoctrinated. I love how he calls to call V "kuso-ama" (bitch in Japanese)...:ok:

I wanted to crawl through my screen and grab Hellman's face. "Build a fucking new Relic chip and save my ass. You lying fucks."

I wish I could have just killed them all :LOL:

In all truth, I don't believe anything coming out of the mouth of anyone from Arasaka and least of all from anyone from the Arasaka family :rolleyes: I know a lot of people here like Takemura but he's indoctrinated. I love how he calls to call V "kuso-ama" (bitch in Japanese)...

I just note H. seems like the only member of the family who'd actually honor a deal because she believes in the family and honor crap that no one else does but, maybe, Goro.

Because Hanako is another lost character doomed to be archetypical treacherous and hypocritical rich bitch. Oh, she is a japanese too? Double the Meanness! No, of course there is no connection to Pearl Harbor at all.
I think you missed out on so much lore on the Arasaka's family.

I think you missed out on so much lore on the Arasaka's family.

Fun fact, Mike Pondsmith made Yorinobu and Hanako because he felt there was too much orientalism in the treatment of Arasaka by fans so when he wrote up Japan, he made those two in Rebellion of Dad. He also made Japan every bit the shithole that Night City is with Arasaka oppressing Native Japanese the way they were all the (ex)-Americans in California.

Arasaka isn't awful because it's Japanese, it's awful because it's a totalitarian fascist corporate nation.

Too soon for wanting Hanako as a romance? Tekemura to be maid of honour at the wedding? V to be heir of Arasaka and Johnny to be perpetually pissed?

I just note H. seems like the only member of the family who'd actually honor a deal because she believes in the family and honor crap that no one else does but, maybe, Goro.

Yeah, well, apparently she just believes in her father... :think:

Anyway, I'd rather try my luck out there than trusting Arasaka :shrug:

Too soon for wanting Hanako as a romance? Tekemura to be maid of honour at the wedding? V to be heir of Arasaka and Johnny to be perpetually pissed?

I think Hanako probably has other plans for V... :oops:

You don't need an heir when you live forever. - Saburo

1610335412500.png

I wanted to kill him since the very moment you saw him in Evelyn Parkers Braindance for his sexist comment and this wish increased thousandfold at the end of Silverhands first flashback in the Arasaka tower.

The very moment he killed Saul/Rogue sealed his fate.

I wanted to kill him since the very moment you saw him in Evelyn Parkers Braindance for his sexist comment and this wish increased thousandfold at the end of Silverhands first flashback in the Arasaka tower.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't have Adam be the one to shoot Jackie.

This.

Our first interaction with him was immediately him using fear and intimidation for the sole reason that he enjoyed it. Making people afraid of him is the only way he can get his chrome rocks off.

I like that they didn't bother trying to create a complex character. He's evil...and that's all there is to it.

Top Bottom