Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
So for this I will break down and rate aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 on a 1-10 scale.
My ratings are based only on what is currently in the game.
No consideration is given for things that where cut/missing or things I think should've/could've been done differently when I considered what rating to give.
I will also add some minor non-spoiler thoughts where I feel like it.

Side Note: I own the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077

Main Story - 10/10
- I loved it.
- I will play it again in the future.
- I wouldn't mind more content being added to the epilogue and Act 1.
- Also wouldn't mind the story continuing in a DLC.

Side Gig Chains - 10/10
- Loved them.
- I think all side quests should be done this way.
- They where well done.
- Some where really emotionally jarring experiences.
- Some had me in tears over what was happening.

Single Mission Side Gigs - 5/10
- To much content recycling in my opinion.
- More variation is needed.
- Some where really good though.
- Some called forth my inner rage at what was happening.​
- "Two bodies where found in a room later that day with over 2000 bullet wounds and severed limbs...
To this day no one really knows what happened in that room besides a slaughter." - NC Reporter
- What happened in that room was two people experienced the full breath and fury of V's rage that day.

NCPD Gigs/Events - 5/10

Life Paths - 5/10
- Needs more relevance and depth.
- Wouldn't mind if there was a full Act dedicated to exploring this.

NPC Main Characters - 10/10
- Loved them all but they where all under utilized given the clearly large amount of work put into them.
- Want more time to spend with them doing stuff.
- Want more characters like this.
- They feel so real and authentic.
- Props to all involved in creating them.

Night City - 10/10
- Wonderfully crafted city.
- Breathtaking....
- Props to the designers, modelers and artists.

General NPCs - 5/10
- Whole street corner full of NPCs freak out cause I stepped on a carboard box or bump into someone.
- More intractability would not be a bad thing.

NCPD - 5/10
- NO MORE SPAWNING COPS OUT OF THIN AIR PLEASE!

Driving - 5/10
- Driving is a pain but this is an easy fix for CDPR and just a design oversight on their part. To fix driving all they need to is:
1: Move the FP camera up a little
and
2: move the rotation anchor point for the car back to the center of the rear axle. Cars are a pain to drive because when you turn they are rotating on their center axis point and that is not how a car moves. That is why the shorter cars in the game are easier to control then the longer ones.

Ownable vehicles - 10/10
- Nicely designed. Props to the designers, modelers and artists.
- Maybe a touch expensive some of them but you can get a few cool ones for free so there is that.
- A garage for my cars would be nice.
- Customizing my cars would be nice.
- Arming my car would be amazing!

Romances - 10/10 (Disclaimer: I have only done one of them at this time)
- The one I did was well written and was wonderful. Though I do wish it had been longer.
- I know enough about them all to say it would be nice if their where more romance options.

So, the overall average and my overall rating of Cyberpunk 2077 at this time after more then 250 hours playing it and finishing 2 complete playthroughs is:

Overall Average - 7.5/10 (90/120 Points)

My Overall - 8/10
(+1 cause of the cat so really a 9/10)
- I think it is a wonderful game with much room to grow into greatness if CDPR devs are given the chance and seriously put in the effort and the corporats stay in their palaces in the sky and out of their way.

If there are other aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 you would like me to add in and rate then let me know in a comment and I will add it when I get the chance.

When responding PLEASE keep in mind these are just my opinions based on my experiences playing Cyberpunk 2077 and they in no way diminish yours. Also this break down as said above is based solo on what is in the game currently and no consideration is given for things that where/claimed to have been cut or left out at release. I don't know what was nor do I care.

**Also when replying please refrain from posting any spoilers, Thanks :)
About the main characters and romances .... I'd also love more things to do with them ... I feel like they "die" after you complete their side quests...

Giving same note for side missions and to non existent police system

Yes the NCPD gigs and the single mission side gigs are pretty average. Which is what those two ratings are about.

I also said twice that there would be no consideration given to things cut/left out of the game. That includes the police system you are referring to.

AI and lifeless city with npc running in circles and cars driving only in straight line?
ok...

I will add AI into my review. Thank you for suggesting it.

I never experienced npcs running around in circles so I couldn't comment on that.

Man I wish the cars in my playthrough drove in straight lines more often lol. But I think I get what you mean. That feeling of all the NPC cars feeling like they are on rails.

Last edited:
About the main characters and romances .... I'd also love more things to do with them ... I feel like they "die" after you complete their side quests...
They have to end somewhere, but yeah. I would love it if it was a bit more dynamic in how the characters act when you meet them. For example, Judy isn't always by the window, says something different, V comments on latest side job etc. It's all minor stuff but it goes a long way to keeping the character alive. I'm hoping we get something like that going forward and it seems to match what CDPRs vision for the game is.

almost all buildings have their stores closed. Night city feels very big but very empty. What do you think of that? There are no taxis, subway, bus, places to eat or drink, little sex, no neurodance outside the missions, very simple npcs ... I have been 100 hours and I like what they have created, but so many things are missing to be what it should be ... we will see in the future if they can improve it ... Cyberpunk 2077 is something wonderful but incomplete. For me 7/10 and it could be 10/10 and the CDPR team knows how to do it if they let the designers work The design work is brutal, fantastic, many of the missions are impressive but the feeling that the game gives is that it has been released a year before being finished

Updated OP to cover A.I. since @Barsenthor brought it up.

almost all buildings have their stores closed. Night city feels very big but very empty. What do you think of that? There are no taxis, subway, bus, places to eat or drink, little sex, no neurodance outside the missions, very simple npcs ... I have been 100 hours and I like what they have created, but so many things are missing to be what it should be ... we will see in the future if they can improve it ... Cyberpunk 2077 is something wonderful but incomplete. For me 7/10 and it could be 10/10 and the CDPR team knows how to do it if they let the designers work The design work is brutal, fantastic, many of the missions are impressive but the feeling that the game gives is that it has been released a year before being finished

Being 100% honest is doesn't really bother me. But I understand how you feel and I to would not mind it their where more stores to go to and places to eat and such and would like if they added even more life to NC in general.

I have no opinion about things cut/left out of the game as far as this thread is concerned.

I agree that had this game come out Dec. of this year instead I doubt many people would have been upset about the game they got.

whats the difference between Side Gig Chains (maybe the cyberpsyco thing?) and Single Mission Side Gigs

Side Gig Chains are a series of missions done in sequence one after the other. Completing one unlocks the next mission in the chain.

Single Mission Side Gigs are one and done missions.

Last edited:
totally true. It is very sad to see the characters that remain frozen forever when you have completed all their content ... it reminds you that it is just another simple game ... the characters do not have daily routine and by God !!! in the apartment you feel so alone ...

Do they?

You could go on dates with your girlfriends in GTA: San Andreas and that game is 16 years old by now.

Just sayin'.

Can't really compare the quality of writing of your Gf placeholder "personnality" in GTA to one character like Judy or Panam in CP2077. Can't compare the sandboxy feeling of GTA to the story driven experience of CP either.
Just sayin'.

Can't really compare the quality of writing of your Gf placeholder "personnality" in GTA to one character like Judy or Panam in CP2077. Can't compare the sandboxy feeling of GTA to the story driven experience of CP either.
Just sayin'.

Why not?

CP 2077 was in development for 8 (!) years. If it weren't for the mismanagement, the two (soft-) reboots and the rushed release, it should have been easily possible to create a better game. At the very least, what CDPR promised initially was an amalgamation of games like GTA, The Witcher, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, etc.

Yea, youve matched my outlook on the game pretty much. Theres really nothing i need to add to any of that.

Ive almost completed my second play through and will continue back on my third play through that i started the other day.
All these play throughs so far will not complete the last mission until i see a post by the devs...or something stated about that stupid mechanic of getting thrown back at the beginning of PONR.....and if its intended to be that way or will it be fixed.

Why not?

CP 2077 was in development for 8 (!) years. If it weren't for the mismanagement, the two (soft-) reboots and the rushed release, it should have been easily possible to create a better game. At the very least, what CDPR promised initially was an amalgamation of games like GTA, The Witcher, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, etc.

Can't compare the first entry to a new RPG oriented series, and the 4th or 5th installment of what have been an ongoing series of sandboxy games. It's not the same design & creative process at all. I thought it was obvious.

I'll develop a bit more to be clear :

In a sandboxy game, you focus on interactivity. Your player base won't care that much about the character you're driving around the city with, they'll enjoy first and foremost the possiblity of having a side character they can interact with in a bunch of different manners. Bottom line : the side character is just a placeholder, the side activity is what matters most.
In a RPG driven game, you first and foremost have to make a side character believable enough so your player base will want to do something more with them. You focus on the story and the writing. Then, if and only if you have enough time, you add some interactivity to scratch that itch. But it's not the priority, it's the other way around : the character must be good and believable first, then you add layers of gameplay to it. Here, the side character is what matters most, the side activity being not that important.

That's why generally speaking those refinements only appear later in DLCs or new series installments. By then the devs have learned what works and what doesn't, what the player base want, and they add layers to a functional skeleton. They build on the foundations to add more features and more playability. But it works only if you have good enough foundations (in a RPG it means, a good story, a good lore, and a good set of characters). For the first installment of a series, you have to first build the skeleton and focus on the top priorities. Then you switch your creative force to enhancing this skeleton by the 2nd and 3rd installment.

Take a look at the Witcher 1 : good story, good lore, not so good combat mechanics. They learned from that and in the Witcher 2, they enhanced the gameplay to give it an "action oriented" feeling, while keeping the story and lore. And they noticed by then the way Geralt was moving in combat to be too stiff, thanks to what the players provided as a feedback. For the Witcher 3, they built on that by adding animations in combat so Geralt would be more responsive. They went even further by adding an alternative combat mode to provide for more flexibility. They just took what worked with the previous entries (lore, quests, designs starting from the Witcher 2) and made it bigger/better tuned. That's what to expect when you start creating a 3rd installment.

CP is a first entry. GTA 4 or 5 are not. Plus, they're not even the same type of game, as illustrated. Hence my answer.

Last edited:
So for this I will break down and rate aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 on a 1-10 scale.
My ratings are based only on what is currently in the game.
No consideration is given for things that where cut/missing or things I think should've/could've been done differently when I considered what rating to give.
I will also add some minor non-spoiler thoughts where I feel like it.

Side Note: I own the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077

Main Story - 10/10
- I loved it.
- I will play it again in the future.
- I wouldn't mind more content being added to the epilogue and Act 1.
- Also wouldn't mind the story continuing in a DLC.

Side Gig Chains - 10/10
- Loved them.
- I think all side quests should be done this way.
- They where well done.
- Some where really emotionally jarring experiences.
- Some had me in tears over what was happening.

Single Mission Side Gigs - 5/10
- Some where really good though.
- Some called forth my inner rage at what was happening.​
- "Two bodies where found in a room later that day with over 2000 bullet wounds and severed limbs...
To this day no one really knows what happened in that room besides a slaughter." - NC Reporter
- What happened in that room was two people experienced the full breath and fury of V's rage that day.

NCPD Gigs/Events - 5/10

Life Paths - 5/10
- Needs more relevance and depth.
- Wouldn't mind if there was a full Act dedicated to exploring this.

NPC Main Characters - 10/10
- Loved them all but they where all under utilized given the clearly large amount of work put into them.
- Want more time to spend with them doing stuff.
- Want more characters like this.
- They feel so real and authentic.
- Props to all involved in creating them.

Night City - 10/10
- Wonderfully crafted city.
- Breathtaking....
- Props to the designers, modelers and artists.

General NPCs - 5/10
- Need more life breathed into them.
- Need more things to say to the player and that make sense.

NCPD NPCs - 5/10
- NO MORE SPAWNING COPS OUT OF THIN AIR PLEASE!

Driving - 5/10
- Driving is a pain but this is an easy fix for CDPR and just a design oversight on their part. To fix driving all they need to is:
1: Move the FP camera up a little
and
2: move the rotation anchor point for the car back to the center of the rear axle. Cars are a pain to drive because when you turn they are rotating on their center axis point and that is not how a car moves. That is why the shorter cars in the game are easier to control then the longer ones.

Ownable vehicles - 10/10
- Nicely designed. Props to the designers, modelers and artists.
- Maybe a touch expensive some of them but you can get a few cool ones for free so there is that.
- A garage for my cars would be nice.
- Customizing my cars would be nice.
- Arming my car would be amazing!

Romances - 10/10 (Disclaimer: I have only done one of them at this time)
- The one I did was well written and was wonderful. Though I do wish it had been longer.
- I know enough about them all to say it would be nice if their where more romance options.

General A.I. - 4/10
- Needs to be more dynamic.
- Needs to react more intelligently to the player's actions instead of so randomly.
- Whole street corner full of NPCs freak out cause I stepped on a carboard box or bump into someone.

Traffic A.I. - 5/10
- Pretty average.
- Take the NPC cars off the rails.
- Randoms stops and turns. They like to randomly just stop in the road with no car ahead of them.
- Turning on to a street from the wrong lane.

Combat A.I. - 6/10
- Pretty average for a FPS
- Could stand to be more intelligent.
- Would be nice if NPCs worked together more.

So, the overall average and my overall rating of Cyberpunk 2077 at this time after more then 250 hours playing it and finishing 2 complete playthroughs is:

Overall Average - 7/10 (105/150 Points)

My Overall - 8/10
(+1 cause of the cat so really a 9/10)
- I think it is a wonderful game with much room to grow into greatness if CDPR devs are given the chance and seriously put in the effort and the corporats stay in their palaces in the sky and out of their way.

If there are other aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 you would like me to add in and rate then let me know in a comment and I will add it when I get the chance.

When responding PLEASE keep in mind these are just my opinions based on my experiences playing Cyberpunk 2077 and they in no way diminish yours. Also this break down as said above is based solo on what is in the game currently and no consideration is given for things that where/claimed to have been cut or left out at release. I don't know what was nor do I care.

**Also when replying please refrain from posting any spoilers, Thanks :)

Edited: Added A.I. ratings and updated the overall average. Thanks @Barsenthor for bringing it up.
Your assessments are based on you playing the PC version. I'm sure you realise that it's a very different thing playing the game on the consoles especially on the PS4 and XBox One were the experience is nowhere near the PC version.
If console players here are to relate to your feelings on the game so far, I would say that the technical issues need to be ironed out first from the versions they're playing on because they are truly hindering some from even playing the game right now.
But hey, I'm glad you're having a good time with the game! Great for you! ;)(y)
I think the true test would be to see how good the game is, once all the performance issues and bugs are resolved for which its gaining its notoriety at present.

"+1 cause of the cat"! Wow! That's real sweet of you I must say! I take it you love cats then? :D

Giving same note for side missions and to non existent police system, AI and lifeless city with npc running in circles and cars driving only in straight line?
ok...
how important that is to the gameplay experience is subjective, I personally don't care that much, some others care a lot, differing opinions

Do they?

You could go on dates with your girlfriends in GTA: San Andreas and that game is 16 years old by now.

Just sayin'.
So the fact that Cyberpunk has a definite end is one thing, obviously, but that's not what you're getting at.

You can't dynamically create missions like Pyramid Song or Queen of the Highway, its just not possible. So what you're left with is the stuff that comes after the side-jobs. In GTA this amounts to "take NPC x to location Y, watch cutscene, repeat" which is shallow.

Cyberpunk's "end" is just a conversation with the NPC in question, maybe with a few new dialogue lines whenever appropriate (I do think this is bugged though and there should be quite a few more).

Both are shallow boring ends. I'm never going to turn away content for Panam or Judy in this game, but comparing it to what GTA offers is not a good comparison.

Personally I liked all those little stories described in NCPD gigs etc. I would definitely give them more credit.

I was amazed how much content was put into them. So e.g. there is this random roof. On it some Arasaka agents or something. And there a whole story of a possessive father. Nothing big. But bodies and chip contents all match. This is not part of the story (or even side story), but make the city more alive to me.

Personally I liked all those little stories described in NCPD gigs etc. I would definitely give them more credit.

I was amazed how much content was put into them. So e.g. there is this random roof. On it some Arasaka agents or something. And there a whole story of a possessive father. Nothing big. But bodies and chip contents all match. This is not part of the story (or even side story), but make the city more alive to me.
Reading some of the stuff is brilliant, some of the gigs are actually nice little self-contained stories. Most of the NCPD stuff is just combat though with a text message at the end. But as you say, it makes the setting feel more alive.

Top Bottom