Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • I find it acceptable, but I expected more than that

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters
Didn't Dragon Age: Inquisition have multiple voices for the player-chosen gender? I remember being able to choose from 3 different voices for my male Inquisitor, for example.
Depends on the length of the game. It's doable. But CP story is too long. Saints Row does 7 voices in total. And they take 4 years to make a much simpler story. Saints Row 4 was also the first entry to have all 7 voices have different lines of the script. They all say the same context of the lines. But are tailored to the characters origin. So you have incentive to actually replay the game. To experience the 7 variations. Including a Nolan North voice. Personal favorite voices from the games. White punk girl SR2, Aussie guy SR3, French girl SR4.

It's extremely limited, to the point you will find people with a V just like yours and that's in good part cause you cannot tweak your V outside CC.

I played many RPG and this game has one of the most limited character creation menù i can remember.

Beside, the HUD is terrible, you can't see how many options are in one category, they are all placed on a single colomn and you can't even zoom out.

I really expected more from a AAA RPG.

Didn't Dragon Age: Inquisition have multiple voices for the player-chosen gender? I remember being able to choose from 3 different voices for my male Inquisitor, for example.
Dragon age Inquisition has 2 voices per gender.

Last edited:
I don't care about an avatar in a fpp game. And I usually choose presets.

Character creation?
OH! you guys are talking about how the actor looks? Dam I was WAAAAAYYYYYYyyyy more angry about the life paths...

The only things needed (that are playable) for first person game is gender, skin color, voice and sometimes hair and chest depending on how much your view allows. I am not saying that the CC should not have been better (as per the way the game was sold to us) but I am surprised at how much they did give use for a FP game.

Here is the thing that I am very curious about. They HAD it working at one time, what issues came up that they had to remove it from the finale game? I would pay $60 for a behind the scenes tell all vid about the making of this game...

"DO YOU LIKE CHARACTER CREATION SYSTEM IN CYBERPUNK 2077?"

Voted, "No, I don't like it". Not in this horrendously censored state. The whole Mox wardrobe has been taken out, there are no different bodies to choose from, makeup, piercings, hair and tattoos are very scarce, and all accessories like gloves, belts, holsters, hip bags, back packs, chains, bracelets, earrings, anklets, watches, etc., have also all been taken out.

Am always jealous of the NPCs who seemingly always wear the flashy cool clothes, can look muscular, fat, small, tall, weak, powerful, and drive around in the coolest colored vehicles. Sometimes I think, if only V was an NPC... ...the character creation would then be one of the greatest.

Last edited:
Lighting looks off with distorted colours, meaning that usability wise it is pretty bad.
As for customization options ... it is passable I guess? Nothing really amazing. Figured I would get some smaller arm tattoo for my nomad, but there simply wasn't anything like that available. When creating female corpo I noticed that while you can get some earrings, there was no option where your ears would have matched with each other. Still, in the end I was reasonably satisfied with both characters I created. All in all, much hype about how there is so much customization that one can even change genitals, for a fairly mediocre end result.

I find it pretty bad, that they don't let us sculpt our own face.. there are mmo's where you could basically make any celebrity lookalike or make one that looks like you. The genitals thing is just a gimmick that doesn't even matter, just helps streamers get banned when their pp's are hanging out, there's not enough tattoo's, pretty bad cyberware customization, its just good enough to not detract from gameplay...cause they didn't add 3'rd person, which I would've used outside of combat only, but It would have been really good to have.

Lighting looks off with distorted colours, meaning that usability wise it is pretty bad.
As for customization options ... it is passable I guess? Nothing really amazing. Figured I would get some smaller arm tattoo for my nomad, but there simply wasn't anything like that available. When creating female corpo I noticed that while you can get some earrings, there was no option where your ears would have matched with each other. Still, in the end I was reasonably satisfied with both characters I created. All in all, much hype about how there is so much customization that one can even change genitals, for a fairly mediocre end result.
Yeah i mean, the hell is that greenish light? All white textures looks weird, like there is no white option at all.

I definitely expected more, especially since they sold this game as "play however you want, be whoever you want" or something along those lines. I can't even be fat..

I definitely expected more, especially since they sold this game as "play however you want, be whoever you want" or something along those lines. I can't even be fat..
They couldn't even make the clothes adapt to the breasts size you choose, it simply change to default when you equip anything, imagine having more body options... :facepalm:.

I find it acceptable, just didn't liked the fact that besides clothes or arm modifications there's no way to customize your appearance after creation. And I'm not asking for metal arms or chrome skin. Really strange for such a game to not have barbershops or tattoo salons. A lot of attention to looks (promotion videos) but you just stick with something you have started. I'm guessing we will have options when the first DLC will drop. For me, that will be a good reason to start another playthrough as well lol

No, because you can't have white hair, only granny gray.

Apparently bleach has run out of this world.

And also, whats the point of genitalia and breast size options when you never see the genitals, and your breasts morph to default when you put clothes on? It's like having the ability to customize your face, and then have no hide helmet option so you'll never even see your face. Oh, wait, we have that idiocy here too.

This is like basic shit RPGs got right over a decade ago.

There's better character customization in small indie games.

Last edited:
And also, whats the point of genitalia and breast size options when you never see the genitals, and your breasts morph to default when you put clothes on? It's like having the ability to customize your face, and then have no hide helmet option so you'll never even see your face. Oh, wait, we have that idiocy here too.
NPCs don't even know what genitals you have or ever comment about them.

I need a 4th option:

I find it acceptable since I paid attention to the CC previews and tempered my expectations accordingly.

I need a 4th option:

I find it acceptable since I paid attention to the CC previews and tempered my expectations accordingly.

Just because you knew it was gonna be trash, doesn't make it not trash.
Post automatically merged:

NPCs don't even know what genitals you have or ever comment about them.

Why would NPCs know what genitals you have while you have your pants on?

Last edited:

Well, he probably meant when taking your pants off. GTA can see cool clothing and cars. Saints Row detects both. Row has more details and detects penis and breast sizes.

Well, he probably meant when taking your pants off. GTA can see cool clothing and cars. Saints Row detects both. Row has more details and detects penis and breast sizes.

Yeah, don't really care about that.

Sorry, my bad, i was talking only about romance options, not NPCs in general.

I should have been more specific.

Yeah, because it's "PrOgRReSsiVe". It's 2021 dude, you're not allowed to have sexual preferences, and if a chick whips out a dick the only correct response is to ask "with or without lube".

Attachments

• 1613773611355.png
    1613773611355.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 54
I'm okay with it. I don't like it particularly much, but it's better than ME:A's character creator -- and even that has sliders to affect what certain facial features look like. :shrug: But it's fine. I like my Vs so I'm not really complaining.

Top Bottom