Dazed, and confused... what is (Catastrophic failure)? O.o :/

+
Dazed, and confused... what is (Catastrophic failure)? o_O :/

I was trying to upgrade to the 1.5 patched version. I bought the enhanced editionm, so it is 1.4 already. I am running windows xp with sp3 on a AMD 3200+ winchester processor, msi k8n neo2 platinum nforce3 ulra motherboard, 2 gig of gskill ddr1 ram, my vid card is xfx geforce 6800gt 256mb ddr3 dual dvi.(i know it's old, but it runs the game fine, im poor. I built it from used parts! lol :p ) problem was first your auto-download link for the 1.5 patch is broken, but i got it using the "direct download" option there. But when I run the patch? it starts up, then stops saying this (Feature Transferr Error, Feature: System:, Component:, File:, Error: Catastrophic failure) Anyone? What the heck is that? I cannot get the 1.5 patch to install. :/ :-[ ADD-IN: I disabled the firewall, antivirus, and even the spybot s&d tea-timer while trying to install the patch, same result. So that is not why. ???

florida1cowboy said:
I was trying to upgrade to the 1.5 patched version. I bought the enhanced editionm, so it is 1.4 already. I am running windows xp with sp3 on a AMD 3200+ winchester processor, msi k8n neo2 platinum nforce3 ulra motherboard, 2 gig of gskill ddr1 ram, my vid card is xfx geforce 6800gt 256mb ddr3 dual dvi.(i know it's old, but it runs the game fine, im poor. I built it from used parts! lol :p ) problem was first your auto-download link for the 1.5 patch is broken, but i got it using the "direct download" option there. But when I run the patch? it starts up, then stops saying this (Feature Transferr Error, Feature: System:, Component:, File:, Error: Catastrophic failure) Anyone? What the heck is that? I cannot get the 1.5 patch to install. :/ :-[ ADD-IN: I disabled the firewall, antivirus, and even the spybot s&d tea-timer while trying to install the patch, same result. So that is not why. ???
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and check the patch integrity first

Top Bottom