Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 4 weapon slots on your person would suffice, places to stash gear is always a good idea too. Anyways I think there is a thread here at afterlife that talk about this.

I think 4 weapon slots on your person would suffice, places to stash gear is always a good idea too. Anyways I think there is a thread here at afterlife that talk about this.

Thats just as unrealistic as anything else.. limiting it to 4 in as arbitrary and wankery as being unlimited. It doesn;t take into acount size or weight of the weapons. Especially since in most games the llimit is utter bollocks giving you 1 melee, 1 pistol, 1 smg, shotgun, or rifle, and one heavy weapon...

As much as the game play of Last of Us bugged me, I kinda dug the way they handled the guns you carried. It wasn't perfect, but I definitely liked the idea of assigning holsters. Being able to see the weapons on your character, and draw from their holsters appropriately was a very nice touch.For cyberpunk there would need to be more of them of course, much more... but it was done pretty well as a beginning example. Combine different holster locations with variable styles of holsters, and layered clothing options ala Saints Row 2, and you have a pretty ideal situation. Limit the size of weapon by holster location...

Cyberpunk 2020 has a concealability rating for all their weapons, P (Pocket) J (Jacket) L (Long Coat) N (Not Concealable), for each of the following locations you should be able to store up to the concealment rating...

*Ankles (R, L, or Both) - P
*Small of back - J
*Shoulder holsters (R, L, or Both)- J
Hips or thighs (R, L, or Both) - J
Back - N

* indicates that the holsters can be worn UNDER a layer of clothing.

Some gear can be worn in place of a weapon for quick access, such as a netrunners cybermodem.

Additional weapons and gear can be stored in a back back, to access them you must open the bag in real time, leaving you vulnerable as your rummage.

You should also be able to store weapons and gear in the trunk of your vehicles, perhaps with a straight weight limit, say 500lbs, and of course the ability to store unlimited gear at your safehouse ala Fallout: NV.

These are some good standards, Wisdom. And nicely contoured with 2020's existing ones. Be great if CDPR adopted them.

On an unrelated note - I'm not sure I can finish The Last of Us. So..many..scripted..events. Maybe if I wasn't playing Witcher 2 at the same time. I may need a break.

Did you see the same trailer I did Flash..,.. Idon't think skimping it up will be a problem for you... it just won't provide much protection... but thats what Skinweave is for.

These are some good standards, Wisdom. And nicely contoured with 2020's existing ones. Be great if CDPR adopted them.

On an unrelated note - I'm not sure I can finish The Last of Us. So..many..scripted..events. Maybe if I wasn't playing Witcher 2 at the same time. I may need a break.

Yeah, I thought so...

And yeah... and the whole dam bit.... christ was that boring...

I am not trying to take your nakedness anywhere. I am just saying that while the chainmail bikini has it's palce, it's not on the battlefield.

And since when did sexy have a mandatory requirement for flesh on show.

I can see that the idea of fantasy has whoosed over you. I like realism in games, but I also like them to meld fantasy in there.

You can describe sex appeal anyway you like, but I'm describing it from my perspective, that's all.

First time I read this, I thought you said, "but I'm describing it from my prescription, that's all."

How...CYBERPUNK.

Yeah, and epicutaneous application is preferred.

Okay, enough shenanigans. One more dream for this RPG- NPCs who react to your actions and decisions, or comment (in a meaningful way) on the most recent turn of events. That would be difficult in a game with lots of nonlinear storyline options, but that's the dream.

That would be difficult in a game with lots of nonlinear storyline options, but that's the dream.

Maybe not so difficult. Even though the player can decide how the game evolves, there's not an endless amount of possibilites. I'll take that moment from Witcher 2 as an example, where in the finale of chapter 1 you decide wether to help that rebel elf or knock him out and help that mean friend of yours (the one with the smexy black hat). Your decision had heavy impact on Chapter 2, but, well, there were only two options.

I'm pretty sure CDPR will do it like that in CP, or at least similar. Even if nerds won't like it. Everything else is too much effort, I think, too many switches, variables. Regardless which class you will choose, and how you behave, some missions can only be finished in one way or another. Or perhaps a third.

Or perhaps they will surprise us in TW3 and all our dreams will come true. But I think not.

They did mention that the world for CP2077 is going to be reactive, but I wonder if that only included reactions to the player's appearance/clothing. I don't particularly care abour NPCs commenting on my clothing, but what I'd like to see are NPCs which care about the game world and what you do to it; they should be armed with opinions and reactions to the player's choices.

It would make gameplay interesting if the player is made to care about winning the favor of certain NPCs, not just to bang them or win lame affinity points, but for other meaningful consequences.

I hope we can expect reactions to both our appearance and our reputation, (as it develops.)

Remember how in fable people would react to you based on your 'nature' and your title. (Chicken Chaser... ffs...) But not only that, they would recount your more ntoable exploits...

The problem is... that was just the idea, one of those ideas that weren't quite... as good? No, I mean not even implemented. If you didn't realize you had to BUY the damn titles you would then be Chicken Chaser for all eternity. Lame...

My point wan't that yo9u could buy a title so you don't end up being called something stupid, but that your reputation and your appearance should be important. We should see reactions.

In 2020, your reputation ranges from -10 to +10 on a scale. 0 being where everyone starts. negative is bad, positive is good. by the time you reach +7, your a household name and the media follow you all the time, trying to get some dirt on you and a bit of scandal. At -7, everyone knows what an Asshole you are and it's unlikely that even a Bozo would piss on you if you were on fire.

If I play a 7ft tall full borg called Destructo-Dave and I walk into a bar in a pink tu-tu, I want people to run for their lives, because even I would have thought I had gone over the edge. But then, if I am playing a normal guy in average clothes, no-one should really notice.

Obviously, this is a good point to reiterate on Wisdoms point about alternative identies and keeping a 'clean sheet'. We should have a way of staying anonymous, at least with our true identity.

I like where these ideas are going, so new addition to wishlist: different types of reputation for different purposes.

Also, I don't like the idea of negative rep being "bad" and positive rep being "good". The question that needs answering is bad or good for what purpose.

I like where these ideas are going, so new addition to wishlist: different types of reputation for different purposes.

Also, I don't like the idea of negative rep being "bad" and positive rep being "good". The question that needs answering is bad or good for what purpose.

Well, personally I don't think a single form of reputation works. It needs to be put togther from several elements: Morality, Fame and Reliability. With those three elements, you can tell a hell of a lot about someone.

Morality - This, essentially is the 'good/evil' gauge. If you don't give a damn about the public during your op's you will not be viewed in a good light. Alternatively, if your a pacifist and you don't even kill guards, you will get the rep of a goody-two-shoes. Now these are not really 'good' and 'bad' reputations, even though I said they were 'good' and 'evil'. In Cyberpunk, these concepts are not that important to people. What this will tell people is how scary you are.

Fame - This is not about what you are known for, but how well you are known.

Reliability - This is a measure of how likely you are to do something you say you will do. Are you a liar or truthful? When you say you will get something done, will it get done?

Yeah, I don't like the simplistic D&D rep definitions of "morality", "good" or "evil". RPGs need a new system of rules for this aspect, the D&D ones need to get phased out.

Well, personally I don't think a single form of reputation works. It needs to be put togther from several elements: Morality, Fame and Reliability. With those three elements, you can tell a hell of a lot about someone.

Morality - This, essentially is the 'good/evil' gauge. If you don't give a damn about the public during your op's you will not be viewed in a good light. Alternatively, if your a pacifist and you don't even kill guards, you will get the rep of a goody-two-shoes. Now these are not really 'good' and 'bad' reputations, even though I said they were 'good' and 'evil'. In Cyberpunk, these concepts are not that important to people. What this will tell people is how scary you are.

Fame - This is not about what you are known for, but how well you are known.

Reliability - This is a measure of how likely you are to do something you say you will do. Are you a liar or truthful? When you say you will get something done, will it get done?

While Morality and Fame have obviously been done before, I don't think I have ever seen Reliability in a game. I really like how that might work. Like how some games have missions where once you get a job, you will be contacted by someone else to do that opposite or to bring them the item instead of guy A. If you screw over the first guy then it lowers your reliability because you double crossed him. Or if you have a mission to steal some data or something without being caught but instead everyone in the place sees you. Well you still technically complete the mission cause you stole the data, but you reliability suffers cause you didn't actually follow through with what you were suppose to do.

Unfortunately I can also see that leading to problems as well with playstyles suffering due to mission parameters and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom