Cross platform support

+
Cross platform support

I'm not talking about wether the game should be on PC, PS4 or XBOne, but specifically about the potential that "The Division" has opened up with
mobile devices and multiplayer gameplay:

Could this be an avenue for dedicated netrunning?

Looks cool, but wouldn't wanna see it in CP77. Rather they'd just focus on what they're good at.

Wonder what that "guardian angel" gets from that in game? I mean does he gets exp similar way and can choose to use them on his in game avatar? Actually now that they confirmed Division to pc I better go take closer look :)

I don't need or want my game to somehow connect to my cell phone or whatsis...

However what I would like is the ability to play on my ps4 and hook up online with peopleojn X-Box, or PC...

I have only seen one game, Final Fantasy online, that let you do this, and that game was even more utterly shit than the other final fantasy games... but it was an awesome option.

I know Microsoft has pulled put of some games when that type of cross platform integration has been proposed. But I see it as the future too.

I hope it happens.

And I still think that being able to netrun from a tablet or phone would be cool.

I agree with Wisdom. I don't need nor want any of this frippery. I will be satisfied with a good story within a big, interactive world. I wouldn't even need the Online-Options he talks about, because I am pretty much a Singleplayer and I love it.

Although I must admit that other players visiting my Night City, yes that could be pretty cool. And actually that's what I think of when I hear CDPR talking about Multiplayer options. Players visiting the realms of other players and interacting with them. That would create more possibilities than any multiplayer match.

But smart phone usage? Naw.

if they do a connected cellphone app, my only requirement is that it should pull up your character sheet (since they said you can print a sheet out of your in-game character if you want.) so if you want to play cyberpunk on the spot with your game character you can easily do so.

if they do a connected cellphone app, my only requirement is that it should pull up your character sheet (since they said you can print a sheet out of your in-game character if you want.) so if you want to play cyberpunk on the spot with your game character you can easily do so.

Throw in a character creator with the app and I am on board/

Tie-ins like what The Divison is doing are primarily designed to milk a franchise, something Ubisoft is proud of at this point. So I'm against that. But if CDPR wants to have stand-alone products in other media, I'm all for it.

Probably the only person outside of marketing and guys who sprinkle crystal meth on their cornflakes for breakfast, yeah.

mm. Meth-Flakes! WAKE YOU UP IN THE WHENEVER WHAT TIME IS IT breakfast cereal. Of champions.

The Witcher 3 is said to have cross-platform features, at least on Xbox One, where you will be able to manage your inventory from your Windows Phone or Windows tablet.

The Witcher 3 is said to have cross-platform features, at least on Xbox One, where you will be able to manage your inventory from your Windows Phone or Windows tablet.
:confused: I mean if that is all why do they even bother? It's not like inventories usually require that much managing.
If you could craft outside the game then maybe it could have some use, but not if it is as simple system as in Witcher 2.

:confused: I mean if that is all why do they even bother? It's not like inventories usually require that much managing.
If you could craft outside the game then maybe it could have some use, but not if it is as simple system as in Witcher 2.

I forgot to mention that they are also experimenting with voice/gestures commands through Kinect when casting signs.

I guess they wouldn't bother with something like this normally. But that's probably a part of the deal with Microsoft and Sony - they provide early developer kits of consoles and developer support (aaand you get to promote your game at big events alongside the hardware vendor) but in return they want the devs to put in some platform/vendor specific features.

Well the whole mobile revolution is in full swing. it is forecast that tablets will out sell PCs by 2015. Being an old fart I will never get rid of my tower. Love tinkering with it too much to give it up. But the trend is going the way of mobile devices. Any company that doesn't pay attention to this may not last too long in the dark future...

Top Bottom