issues with game

+
issues with game

I have one question I hope someone can answer. How can I play the game in the editor and not through the game launcher?

nerboturbo said:
I have one question I hope someone can answer. How can I play the game in the editor and not through the game launcher?
You could probably get a better answer if you asked in the Djinni section as that is where most of the modders gather

I should also say the I have the EE director's cut, so it has the 1.5 patch already. Plus it is a digital download from Gamestop. What I have for computer is:amd phenom x4 99508GB of ddr3os vista ultimate 64 bitati hd 4870x2

nerboturbo said:
I should also say the I have the EE director's cut, so it has the 1.5 patch already. Plus it is a digital download from Gamestop. What I have for computer is:amd phenom x4 99508GB of ddr3os vista ultimate 64 bitati hd 4870x2
Are you having a problem with the game ?According to your 1st question you want to play the game through the adventure editor. If so you might want to ask here http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=87.0

I am sorry I think you miss understood me, I can play the game through the editor, but I can't play the game through the game launcher. Everytime I try to launch the game it flickers 3 time ( meaning goes from desktop pic to black screen, back to desktop, back to black screen, to desktop) and then windows tells me it has to close the application, but never gives me any solutions.

nerboturbo said:
I am sorry I think you miss understood me, I can play the game through the editor, but I can't play the game through the game launcher. Everytime I try to launch the game it flickers 3 time ( meaning goes from desktop pic to black screen, back to desktop, back to black screen, to desktop) and then windows tells me it has to close the application, but never gives me any solutions.
Yes i misunderstood so sorry about thatread: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

I have no tages on my computer, I have all the updated drivers, here is the errlog off of witcher, and I could only get pc wizard to list the driver info and not the detailed info cause it would lock up if I checked the box.

nerboturbo said:
I have no tages on my computer, I have all the updated drivers, here is the errlog off of witcher, and I could only get pc wizard to list the driver info and not the detailed info cause it would lock up if I checked the box.
OK try going to your witcher/system folder and locate the witcher exe it will be the one with the wolf head to the left of it and will say application to the right . Once you find it right click it and send to desktop then close all windows . Right click the new shortcut and select run as administrator and try game

I have tried what u said and I still get the flicker 3 times and then says witcher has stopped working. I have also tried the shortcut in the witcher folder that has mce to the right and that flickers infinitely. I have to hit reset on computer to get rid of it and crtl alt del doesn't work.

nerboturbo said:
I have tried what u said and I still get the flicker 3 times and then says witcher has stopped working. I have also tried the shortcut in the witcher folder that has mce to the right and that flickers infinitely. I have to hit reset on computer to get rid of it and crtl alt del doesn't work.
I noticed your running a 4870x2 is that one card with 2 cores ?

nerboturbo said:
yes it is. It is like crossfire just on one card.
OK try making an exception in your antivirus for the witcher folder also do you happen to know what your card clocks are and the temp on your card

clocks are 507 for gpu and 500 for memory (stock clocks when not doing anything or minimal activity)temp is 38 CNot exactly sure how to make exception for witcher folder in antivirus (have norton 360)?I also have ati overdrive on would that make a difference?

nerboturbo said:
clocks are 507 for gpu and 500 for memory (stock clocks when not doing anything or minimal activity)temp is 38 CNot exactly sure how to make exception for witcher folder in antivirus (have norton 360)?I also have ati overdrive on would that make a difference?
Try disabling overdrive and retry game. meanwhile i`ll see what i can find out about making an exclusion in the norton program

nerboturbo said:
I still get the same flicker and windows says witcher has stopped working.
OK lets try windowed mode . But since you can`t launch the game to make the setting change we will have to do through the registry. Have you ever used regedit before ?

nerboturbo said:
Once or twice.
I will be back in a minute with exactly what you need to do with an edit to this postEDIT: click start and in the search box type regedit and click the regedit that appears aboveWhen regedit opens expand H_KEY_CURRENT_USER then expand software then expand CD Project Redthen expand Witcher and click the settings folder. Now on the right half of the screen you should see a pretty long list locate and double click Fullscreen and in the dialog box that opens change the 1 to a 0 and click ok and close regedit and retry game

Top Bottom