FNFF Leap & gernades!?

+
FNFF Leap & gernades!?

Pretty much I need to know if how to use leap is listed anywhere, and if it isn't what rules do u go by?
Also I cant find a chart for grenade types, my book sends me to a page with nothing on the subject listed. And if the blow up in the same turn as it was thrown.

I own cyberpunk 2020 edit # 2. I've seen a newer version of the book where the cover was barely different (but was) and idk about the contents.

Also another question is how should I treat opening a door? Do I just take a negative -3 to future actions or does it require a full turn. OH and am I able to wield 2 rifles and shoot them or only single handed weapons?

The rules for these things in Cyberpunk 2020 are kinda vague at best...

Check out Interlock Unlimited, where both things are detailed fully.

But will I be taking a big step away from FNFF or will it be FNFF with specifications. I like to play the game by the original rules so transferring my character is easily possible. (i would read it atm but I'm about to go watch thor)

The way I do things. Leap as listed under statistics is for a broad jump situation. Take a running start and throw your body as far as possible. Over the pit, across to the other roof. Halve the distance with no running start. Quarter the distance for leaping straight up.

There are many grenade types. I do not believe they are detailed in the main book. Interlock Unlimited could provide the stats or try Blackhands gun guide. I think IU uses the same or very similar stats for weapons. I assume a standard 3 second fuse on grenades, unless the player says otherwise. This means the grenade goes off on the thrower's action in the next turn.

In combat I make opening a door an action. If they want to do another action it is at a -3. For instance in the last game I ran on of the characters was entering a building. He opened the door and rushed in. Opening the door was his action, moving into the room was free since characters can move up to half their MA as a free action. Unfortunately this put him in the room with 4 armed opponents. He got deaded. His partner, who followed him in also got deaded.

Leap is covered pretty well in my book on the attributes page in the character creation section, and I generally have grenades go off near the end of a combat round as the fuse countdown is actually supposed to be longer then a combat round on most grenades. But even my player characters do not use them often as they really aggravate law enforcement even in combat zones.

In the book it says run is 3 times your MA but it takes 10 seconds to run. From what I can tell a round is 3.2 seconds; does this mean I have to move my MA for 3 or 4 turns before I can Leap?

My Ref for now is treating it as a 10 second round which allows full auto 3 times per turn; this makes melee look nearly useless. But my Ref is as new to cyberpunk 2020 as I am, so I would like to here from you guys.

A) melee is nearly useless unless you are pretty close. Try jacking that US INfantry man with your knife/sword vs his M4. Yeah. Things that kill at range beat things that kill close up. FNFF tries to represent real world combat as best they can.

B)It doesn't take 10 seconds to run at all - that figure in the book is so you can calculate out your distance across 3 combat rounds. To calculate your Run, multiply your MA by 3. That's the distance you can travel in a single 3.2 second round at full speed, aka your RUN. For a full 10 second turn Run, multiply THAT figure by 3 as well.

Your Leap is your RUN divided by 4. So let's say your MA is 8. Your RUN is 24 meters in 3.2 seconds. Your LEAP is 6 meters.

Your confusion arises because of DnD. Heh. DND likes a lengthy turn sequence and Cyberpunk also used it. Hey, it's an old game, man! The 10 second turn rarely gets used in play - everything important is done in the 3.2 second round.

If i'm understanding you right run should have probably not of been listed on a character sheet / anywhere.

Your confusion arises because of DnD. Heh. DND likes a lengthy turn sequence and Cyberpunk also used it. Hey, it's an old game, man! The 10 second turn rarely gets used in play - everything important is done in the 3.2 second round.
:3 he knows I play DnD. And turn looks like tum

Some sheets have a RUN space, some not. Really for run, just remember to multiply your MA by 3. Of course, when running, you suffer other negatives, as opposed to using your regular MA and then shooting or drawing a gun, etc.

The turn thing should really be dropped. 3 rounds is a turn, but the round is the base measurement. How far you can run, how fast your gun fires, whether or not you can talk that guy out of shooting you for your stuff..all done in 3.2 seconds.

The turn thing should really be dropped. 3 rounds is a turn, but the round is the base measurement. How far you can run, how fast your gun fires, whether or not you can talk that guy out of shooting you for your stuff..all done in 3.2 seconds.
Ok sadly i'm still able to interpret 2 different things from your text. 1. a round is 3.2 seconds then it becomes the next persons turn. OR 2. rounds = 3.2 secs but you do 3 rounds in a turn then the next person goes.

Now i'm pretty sure it is # 1. And... I just had an idea that I believe fits the rules but isn't listed as such anywhere. OK so if run in a single round is ur MA and Leap Requires a Running start. (most people's MA varies) So if I run 5 MA for the round then jump i should get a distance of 5*3/4 giving me a 3.75 meter jump. My equation is simply the leap equation. (MA*3/4) Or do i simply take the -3 for running, but not really have to move, then leap receiving an additional -3.

Another problem I have is that if I move full MA, attack, attack, and attack; am I able to leap at the end? (this seems like a game breaker but I cant find anything listed otherwise)

It's 1, yes.

Your LEAP distance is correct. Remember that your LEAP distance won't change the longer you run, ( except of course if you are too tired from running ten minutes), so once your GM has decided you've hit full speed, you can leap. Typically at the end or partway through the round.

The reason you need to be at a run is because other wise it's just a standing jump.

You cannot move full MA and then attack and then leap - to leap requires you ti be running, which takes up your action that round. That's why RUN is 3x your normal MA, it's presumed you are at a dead sprint.

I was told that 2 is the minimum in all stats; if this is true an MA of 2 gives you a min run of 6. Should I take this as if I move at least 6 meters I should be able to leap?
Also I thought run was using your full MA for 3 rounds. From your above statement it sounds as if I could move 3 times my MA in 3.2 secs.

I was told that 2 is the minimum in all stats; if this is true an MA of 2 gives you a min run of 6. Should I take this as if I move at least 6 meters I should be able to leap?

An MA of 2 would be someone's grandmother with a hip replacement or a 600 pound couch potato trying to make a run for it. Imagine them trying to jump then.

I know I'm not helping. :cool:

I think Macleod's example is quite good, although 600 pounds is a bit much. Try 300+ pounds and not in shape.

Again, your RUN is THREE TIMES YOUR MA STAT. That's your run, the distance you can move at a full sprint in 3.2 seconds.

You can probably leap well before you hit the full 3.2 second run - the game favours sense over mechanics. As soon as your GM says you are up to full speed, you can leap. Remember, the RUN stat covers how many meters you can do in 3.2 seconds - pretty obviously you are at full speed nearly immediately. Just like in real life.

For full borgs their is "M/turn: #" and "(Broad): #" listed under their M.A. Is this related to movement and how do you calculate it?

M/turn is their meters per turn and Broad is meters broad jumped.

Now, is M/turn their standard speed or Run and do they mean a turn or a 3.2 sec round? I can't recall. Work the numbers and it will tell you.

Wait. Aren't you the guy that likes Panzerfaust?

WHY AM I HELPING YOU? AGGGH. DIRTY DIRTY WRONG DIRTY.

WHY AM I HELPING YOU? AGGGH. DIRTY DIRTY WRONG DIRTY.

xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD
Yes I am the Panzerfaust guy. As you can tell my Ref. isn't very good at deciding loot. You should see my DnD character and all his goodies. I currently am not using the borg body. But now you know why I need to understand leap >: D

But back to that, is Panzerfaust even a real M.A. in game? I can't figure out what book it is hidden in so I've only been working it to the info I find on the net.

It is in hmmm. NO NO ITS NOT.

It's in Solo of Fortune 2, iirc. right after Adam Smasher's rant about how uber he is and how smashy smashy smashy. Ugh. I hate that guy.

DIRTY DIRTY WRONG DIRTY.

Careful Sard... The janitor is watching.

Attachments

• 2124539-169_cyberpunk2077_ot_pc_011713.jpg
    2124539-169_cyberpunk2077_ot_pc_011713.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 60
EEek!

I...like people.

They are...watery. ER! They are nice! And full of...of...tasty meats! No! Great ideas! Yes!

notaborgnotaborgnotaborg

Top Bottom