I don't like the Delamain missions

+
So, as I am playing this game again, after delaying the mission for so long, I finally have to encounter this shit again. There are narrative issues I have with this game and I'm fine with that, the game is very well written and overall I like where the game goes with it's stories and themes. I also have gripes with the gameplay, but a lot of that, other than outright bugs are just personal preferences.

HOWEVER, these Delamain missions get my gripe up like nothing else. I genuinely hate them and are a struggle to complete. Most of the gameplay is really tedious and annoying, some stupid variation of the ever infamous tail missions that have been maligned since the beginning of open world games. It tries to throw in some extra gameplay every so often to give some pretence of each mission being unique but its still all just a chore. Not to mention I have to actively drive around aimlessly like a moron trying to find the cars because they move.

But what really makes it unbearable for me is the writing. It is terrible. The humour is not funny at all. I get that they're supposed to be different neuroses and all that and every one is supposed to be exaggerated, but it's shoddy as hell. I have to wonder if one of the writers gave this mission to their son to write, but obviously not because one character is a lame and lazy reference, well more like straight rip off, of a character from a 15 year old video game. A real ham handed 'HEY REMEMBER THIS CHARACTER THAT WAS A MEME, BOY THAT WAS FUNNY RIGHT AND SO IS THIS WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE.' It's the Dane Cook school of comedy, beat your audience over the head and tell them it's funny type humour.

I know it leads up to a more conceptually interesting idea about AI personhood and all that, but it is obnoxious to me and makes me roll my eyes every time I have to hear all this UNSKIPPABLE dialogue.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

well more like straight rip off, of a character from a 15 year old video game. A real ham handed 'HEY REMEMBER THIS CHARACTER THAT WAS A MEME, BOY THAT WAS FUNNY RIGHT AND SO IS THIS WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE.' It's the Dane Cook school of comedy, beat your audience over the head and tell them it's funny type humour.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.
in other words you personally just dont like it?.... its not like half of the game is flooded by 80s-90s pop culture references... :0

in other words you personally just dont like it?.... its not like half of the game is flooded by 80s-90s pop culture references... :0
I mean it doesn't need to be in other words, the words I already used describe me disliking it. Obviously this is an opinion, I'm not acting as if what I am saying is an immutable truth. I'm sure there are some people who really love these missions, the writing and the characters. There are also some people who like to drink piss, they're not objectively wrong, but they know why people have a problem with what they're enjoying.

It's not the reference in and of itself it's more the over the top lack of nuance. Also it makes sense that the game would have 80s and 90s pop references, it's a game based on a 80s and 90s interpretation of the future. Though Portal is very definitively 00s.

If you don't like them... Don't do them?

No-one's forcing you to do the missions. They're not necessary to progress the overall game and the reward isn't even particularly good let alone vitally important.

I found the missions to be fine.

Somewhat annoying to specifically set out to complete (Leaving them until later so I can incidentally discover the cars as I travel through the areas on my way to other specific locations involves much less aimless driving around).

But the overall AI's weren't much of a bother really. Nor was the gameplay (Of which there was barely anything, not even "Tail missions"... There's literally one out of the 7 where you actually have to tail...).

Sometimes it's just better to be selective and avoid some of the side content. With open world games chances are often high, that some quests can be annoying for various reasons. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Delamaine quests, but they didn't bother me that much.

Aside from that, I toned the title down a bit.

With open world games chances are often high, that some quests can be annoying for various reasons.
yeah right its always subjective and cant generalized across the board. i dont bother with delamain but i'am highly annoyed be replaying sinnermann f.e. - its just normal that people like some quests more than others : /

Delamain quests aren't the best quests ever, but not that bad (if you include "Don't Lose Your Mind").
i dont bother with delamain but i'am highly annoyed be replaying sinnermann f.e. - its just normal that people like some quests more than others : /
Sinnerman is slightly different I think. I assume (I never tried) if you complete the job as Yakako originally asked, you directly complete the entire quest line before it even start :)

"I DON'T LIKE THE DELAMAIN MISSIONS"

They are optional. You can just ignore them.

I like them. They're a nice theme for a gig. But I've always wondered how that one in the middle of that landfill, managed to get there without damaging himself beyond repair.

If you follow the guideline to the meter using the Hella, it'll have sustained horrific damage by the time you reach him. I've tried using both the Coyote and Javelina which were said can traverse any (harsh) terrain, and both of them sustained major damage, and gotten stuck several times.

But that was only because neither of them had a suspension all this time until recently.

I assume (I never tried) if you complete the job as Yakako originally asked, you directly complete the entire quest line before it even start :)
yeah most probably, there even seems to be a lootable outfit (joshuas prison outfit: https://game8.co/games/Cyberpunk-2077/archives/395627) if you kill him on the way... tho i never tried it myself yet. Since 2.0 i just do Sinnerman for the dialog-options and text-msgs with Lina Malina in PL :D

yeah most probably, there even seems to be a lootable outfit (joshuas prison outfit: https://game8.co/games/Cyberpunk-2077/archives/395627) if you kill him on the way... tho i never tried it myself yet. :D
Oh, didn't know that :)
I tried once, a while ago, but Mendez was a tough guy, so I ran away and reloaded (at time, not sure he's still, now with level scaling^^).
I like them. They're a nice theme for a gig. But I've always wondered how that one in the middle of that landfill, managed to get there without damaging himself beyond repair.
Good question!
The first time I played, I tried to reach him with my car... but I only managed to get stuck in the middle of the landfill :D

Oh, didn't know that :)
I tried once, a while ago, but Mendez was a tough guy, so I ran away and reloaded (at time, not sure he's still, now with level scaling^^).
yeah didnt know it for ages as well - just stumbled upon it on coincidence while searching for new 2.0/PL outfits in general :) never tried to kill him or challange mendez tho - maybe ill give it a try after next patch-drop ^^

Last edited:
Good question!
The first time I played, I tried to reach him with my car... but I only managed to get stuck in the middle of the landfill :D
Last time I tried it with this baby and IT, got damaged. Now how do you figure that?!?

Thorton Mackinaw Demiurg.jpg

I say: "Okay!".

About the garbage place, my Cali gets there by brute force. But I prefer to walk, it's less painful.

About the Sinnerman quest, I confirm I was really happy that I could just shoot up everyone on that first encounter and be done with it. No theatrics, no drama. Just plain pure performance and pay for it.

I say: "Okay!".

About the garbage place, my Cali gets there by brute force. But I prefer to walk, it's less painful.

About the Sinnerman quest, I confirm I was really happy that I could just shoot up everyone on that first encounter and be done with it. No theatrics, no drama. Just plain pure performance and pay for it.
But no Lina Malina option/msgs as well :(

She gets shot and killed with the bunch iirc, unless the game protects her now. ^^ The hazard of being a corpo on the streets I guess.

She gets shot and killed with the bunch iirc, unless the game protects her now. ^^ The hazard of being a corpo on the streets I guess.
well it doesnt matter if she dies or not... if joshua dies you wont make the BD - so no dialog option that you made that BD to convice Melina you would be a great producer yourself and no msgs from the corpo woman if Lina & TooLina leave dogtown and introduce themselves at the studio :(

that’s why I still force myself to complete sinnerman in the long run each playthrouh again and again ^^‘

Last edited:
Ah, my bad. I thought that Lina Malina is that corpo chick with Joshua in the car. Rachel is the name, eh?
And now I remember Lina Malina from Dogtown. I haven't had any issues convincing Lina to sign up for free. It might be that my V is an ex-corpo and that plays a role. Else you can pay her 10k, or was it 100k? Pocket money in any case.

Ah, my bad. I thought that Lina Malina is that corpo chick with Joshua in the car. Rachel is the name, eh?
And now I remember Lina Malina from Dogtown. I haven't had any issues convincing Lina to sign up for free. It might be that my V is an ex-corpo and that plays a role.
Yeah there are several ways to convince her some are lifepath bound some are progression bound - there is even one which claims that you are big buddy with Kerry f.e (mostlikely after his quest chain) :D - than another is Rachel after „successfully“ making the BD ^^

I like Rachel’s msgs like „Hey there lately there just appear two weird gonks telling me you know them? Just wanna confirm that they are okay before I sign their contract“ :p

OK. I am far more fascinated by how
efficiently are those ginger ex-militech netrunners executed when we needed to assume their identities. Cassels? Yeah, those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the Delamain mission. It was entertaining and for me added allot to the Delamain personality. Delamain was there when Viktor was fixing us up, Delamain was our choom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom