The Witcher 3 GOTY (steam edition) - Novigrad Stutter issue in 2021

+
Hello everyone,
I just recently started replaying the game again on my PC setup this time.
The set up is this:

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600
DDR4 16GB (2x8)
MSI GTX1660Ti 6GB
Intel SSD 1TB
PSU Corsair 650W

Since this is probably my 4th replay (i am a huge fan) I started from scratch on the DM difficulty and decided to try a few mods with the game. I had the huge texture rework mod, the lighting etc.. 20 hours into the game, I reach the Sigi Reuven questline. Turn the game off and go to bed. Next day I start the game up and I get these micro stutters every 2 seconds. I tried all the NVIDIA control panel fixes, all the user settings fixes, I even went ahead and deleted the game, removed all the mods, reinstalled the game and the stutter is still there. Its actually not something that is ruining the game completely but after playing it smooth for 20+ hours, having to play with stutters is actually annoying. Again, I tried the limiter fixes, the Vsync fixes and all those other things. What worries me is that I played without issues and then it started up and seemingly cant be fixed.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Did you also try a fresh start without mods? Even after removing a mod it might still affect your game.

Changing the frame rate settings or switching from full screen to borderless (or the other way around) might help too.

In terms if framerate it’s hard to say much more without knowing anything about your monitor.

Also sometimes older gpu drivers work better for this game.

Apart from that, CDPR support can be reached here:
(there‘s no topic for the exact same issue, so this one will have to do - please click on Contact Us to send a ticket)

Did you also try a fresh start without mods? Even after removing a mod it might still affect your game.

Changing the frame rate settings or switching from full screen to borderless (or the other way around) might help too.

In terms if framerate it’s hard to say much more without knowing anything about your monitor.

Also sometimes older gpu drivers work better for this game.

Apart from that, CDPR support can be reached here:
(there‘s no topic for the exact same issue, so this one will have to do - please click on Contact Us to send a ticket)
Hello,
thank you for trying to help out. Just FYI, I found the issue and the fix. It seems that since I had AutoLoot mod installed in the Witcher 3 mods folder. I had accidentally turned on something that is called True AutoLoot Ultra mode in the mod settings. This meant that the mod automatically scanned the city area every 2 seconds and since I did not want to steal I set it to loot only herbs. Essentially, what happened is, the AutoLoot mod scanned the area and couldn't pick things out from the inaccessible structures in populated areas - this caused the stutter - I set the AutoLoot to "Light Mode" or Off entirely and the stutter is gone. Hope this helps anyone who might have further issues.

Interesting, yeah, makes sense that this can cause issues on some systems. Fortunately you found the culprit.

Hello,
thank you for trying to help out. Just FYI, I found the issue and the fix. It seems that since I had AutoLoot mod installed in the Witcher 3 mods folder. I had accidentally turned on something that is called True AutoLoot Ultra mode in the mod settings. This meant that the mod automatically scanned the city area every 2 seconds and since I did not want to steal I set it to loot only herbs. Essentially, what happened is, the AutoLoot mod scanned the area and couldn't pick things out from the inaccessible structures in populated areas - this caused the stutter - I set the AutoLoot to "Light Mode" or Off entirely and the stutter is gone. Hope this helps anyone who might have further issues.
DUDE! Thank you!
Three days I spend on this. Resintalled drivers, removed some mods, etc. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why Kaer Morhen was stuttuering. Disabled AutoLoot, and BOOM! No more stutters. You are an awesome person for taking the time to type out what fixed the issue for you.

Top Bottom