Is this true?

+
From reddit:

The only ones considering Cyberpunk an early access game are hopeful fans that think CDPR will invest years and manpower to bring it in line with past promises.

Truth is CDPR considers this a complete game in need of a technical and performance pass.
Whether or not some PR guy says it's true or not do *you* believe it to be true?

From reddit:

Whether or not some PR guy says it's true or not do *you* believe it to be true?

I think they're going to be fixing its performance issues as best as humanly possible but I don't think that they are going to be changing fundamentals about the game.

1627991929730.png

1627991977721.png

Must be one of the most weird graphs ive ever seen. not much info there at all. Is it adjusted for players stopping playing and all platforms or pc only? notice the spikes when every patch comes out seems like people testing out the new patch and giving up again since. only 1.1 seem to have decreased the crashes alot but could be players just giving up.

Must be one of the most weird graphs ive ever seen. not much info there at all. Is it adjusted for players stopping playing and all platforms or pc only? notice the spikes when every patch comes out seems like people testing out the new patch and giving up again since. only 1.1 seem to have decreased the crashes alot but could be players just giving up.

I'm inclined to think this is internal testing versus exterior because otherwise the data would be useless.

This is financial data for the executives who want an update on the game's repair progress and aren't going to care about technical specifics. Hence why graphs exist in the first place.

I do think the graph indicates that they've done the majority of optimizing they can do for older costumes.

sounds weird too me. some spikes increase just before a patch alsmost lite theres huge numbers of returning players that dissapear again shortly after. some increase before anything happends and fall off.

Except that's how crashes work with patches in every game. Whenever patches are uploaded there's a short period of instability.
There also a lot more players who play at the same time (hence the peak of crash)
It would be interesting to superimpose the graphic of active players on top, that would be rather obvious.

Off-topic, but I note the little * on the first pic with the mention "*small additional content" :)

There also a lot more players who play at the same time (hence the peak of crash)
It would be interesting to superimpose the graphic of active players on top, that would be rather obvious.

Off-topic, but I note the little * on the first pic with the mention "small additional content" :)

I have the very strong suspicion that the primary focus of CDPR right now is not actually DLC or Expansions at all but releasing C2077 for Next Generation Consoles.

Hence why there's no updates. It's just them preparing for a non-backwards compatible installment.

I have the very strong suspicion that the primary focus of CDPR right now is not actually DLC or Expansions at all but releasing C2077 for Next Generation Consoles.

Hence why there's no updates. It's just them preparing for a non-backwards compatible installment.

This probably is true, but if that's the case then they should explain it, so we can stop playing the guessing game of "what's next?".

Outside of some driving tweaks, have there been any gameplay improvements to the game? Bug fixes yes, but nothing has been reworked. And it's been almost 8 months. This is why I'm highly skeptical that any tangible improvements are coming. Outside of Star Citizen, I can't think of a developer that waited this long to improve their game with post release support. Even Rockstar is more timely and they're notoriously slow. Every indication is that they've moved on, hopefully to an expansion that can salvage the IP, or TW4.

Outside of some driving tweaks, have there been any gameplay improvements to the game? Bug fixes yes, but nothing has been reworked. And it's been almost 8 months. This is why I'm highly skeptical that any tangible improvements are coming. Outside of Star Citizen, I can't think of a developer that waited this long to improve their game with post release support. Even Rockstar is more timely and they're notoriously slow. Every indication is that they've moved on, hopefully to an expansion that can salvage the IP, or TW4.

Actually, there's been quite a few:

Check under Gameplay.

Driving and Cops not being complete ass are big ones but also smart ones like "Cat Food is available to buy" and "Gorilla arms are now 1/5th more powerful so Boxing is not complete ass."

Probably to deter people from expecting things like GTA-like police chases, 3rd person camera, subway system, purchasable apartments, car customization, joinable gangs, etc... Not like it's gonna matter in the slightest... :facepalm:
I think its too make sure the stockowners dont think they give away DLC. Just so they know there not loosing much money on the "free DLC"

Guest 3847602

I think its too make sure the stockowners dont think they give away DLC. Just so they know there not loosing much money on the "free DLC"
No, I don't think so. They never hinted at CP2077 free DLC program being more ambitious in scope than free DLC program for TW3. Before release, they were saying: "expect pretty much what we gave you for TW3". And those 16 DLCs were: few sidequests, few armour sets, few crossbows, NG+ and alternate outfits for Yennefer, Triss and Ciri. Nothing game changing.

Top Bottom