Eldain and traps = Needs a nerf (now more for Madoc + Milva)

+
As soon as Milva gets nerfed, Radovid, Onslaught and other op decks will be all over. I am not supporting Milva, but I am more concerned about other broken OP cards hiding under Milva
Indeed I hope the nerfs would come simultaneously for all of those decks, not just just 1 by 1. :]
That is, if a nerf happens at all, lol.

Last edited:
As soon as Milva gets nerfed, Radovid, Onslaught and other op decks will be all over. I am not supporting Milva, but I am more concerned about other broken OP cards hiding under Milva
Why wouldn't you support Milva? It's a great, smart card if you don't cheese it with Madoc.

Why wouldn't you support Milva? It's a great, smart card if you don't cheese it with Madoc.
Yeah I don't really see Milva as the Main Problem i would say that she's even easier to brick than Madoc (doesn't require Deathblow and can enter the Graveyard) , the only thing that kinda makes her stronger is that she can jump out Multiple times during a turn but this is only possible with Leader charges (compared to BoG Eist it's not even that impressive) or Malena.

The Problem is the Combination of Milva, Madoc and Sabertooth which makes lining up targets for Milva way to easy.

I saw some suggestions for making Milva devotion which would make me a bit sad because this would be huge nerf to offensive Movement because Geralt Aard has finally become playable again.

I would prefer they put Devotion on the Sabertooths damage ability and maybe turn Making a Bomb into a Nature Card.

As for Madoc i hate that Card anyway so I'm probably a bit biased but i wouldn't mind if he gets some kind of Ciri Nova restriction or something like if you're Deck contains 10-12 Bombs that would at least remove the ability to put in a lot of other strong specials or Artifacts.

Last edited:
Devotion on Sabertooth and turn Making a Bomb (aka the candidate for the most uninspired name for a card in Gwent's history) into a tactic instead of a bomb (not nature, it's just not nature lol it's not a bomb of acorns). :D

Playing these Milva decks is fun, but it is certainly not funny for your opponent. This kind of strategy should not exist. It was abusable before Milva and Saskia Commander, now it is even more over the top.

Too many broken stuff have been introduced this last patch. Milva, Saskia, Radovid, King of Beggars, the rework for Onslaught being bugged.

Like 8 out of 10 games you either encounter GT Milva or Uprising Witchers with Radovid. This is boring.

Eldain was a mistake.

Uninteractive playstyle had always been problematic anyway, but his existence is the main issue.

See, the only real weakness that is non-situational/matchup-independent unitless decks have is severe lack of points to seal the deal in r3, and Eldain takes this necessary weakness away.

Imagine if rock could beat both scissors and paper. That would break the game pretty badly. And that's exactly what Eldain is - a bunch of razors glued to a rock so that it can beat everything that isn't a bigger rock. And to add insult to the injury, these points aren't interactive either. Maybe his deploy needs to make it so that every trap played after him turns into a deadeye when sprung, that would be much more reasonable.

Last edited:
I like it when ST are doing well haha It's okay for SK to own the game for 6 months like it did prior to the game being revamped. But it's not just that. in the 4 years i've been playing (on and off) it's always NG and SK on top, then NR and MO...lastly ST get a foothold in the game because of one card or another and the players go nuts!

Eldain was a mistake.

Uninteractive playstyle had always been problematic anyway, but his existence is the main issue.

See, the only real weakness that is non-situational/matchup-independent unitless decks have is severe lack of points to seal the deal in r3, and Eldain takes this necessary weakness away.

Imagine if rock could beat both scissors and paper. That would break the game pretty badly. And that's exactly what Eldain is - a bunch of razors glued to a rock so that it can beat everything that isn't a bigger rock. And to add insult to the injury, these points aren't interactive either. Maybe his deploy needs to make it so that every trap played after him turns into a deadeye when sprung, that would be much more reasonable.
Eldain is a small part of the problem right now. No-unit ST right now does not rely on him as it used to in the past. It relies on pro-activity with Saskia pulling off your bronze engines/removal units in R1 and then R2/R3 playing no-unit, with Saber, traps, bombs, leader with Milva. In the few games I played GT Milva, I didn't need to pull Eldain to win at all. With the exception of 1 game where I managed to draw him, all the rest were won without him.

Saber and Milva are the bigger culprits, in conjunction with Madoc. These cards need to be restricted to their own faction.

Eldain is a small part of the problem right now. No-unit ST right now does not rely on him as it used to in the past. It relies on pro-activity with Saskia pulling off your bronze engines/removal units in R1 and then R2/R3 playing no-unit, with Saber, traps, bombs, leader with Milva. In the few games I played GT Milva, I didn't need to pull Eldain to win at all. With the exception of 1 game where I managed to draw him, all the rest were won without him.

Saber and Milva are the bigger culprits, in conjunction with Madoc. These cards need to be restricted to their own faction.
Where did you get the points for r3, if not from Eldain?

Few good ideas here are to make Tiger's ability devotion conditioned, make Milva more expensive OR make her only be able to get out of the deck once per turn.
But also to change Making a Bomb to a Tactic so Madoc doesn't have such ULTRA synergy with ST which is just too much.

I would like to also present my idea for Making a Bomb (aka "MaB" for the rest of the convo). It's about making it an artifact which would remove synergy with Madoc BUT give synergy with Eldain's devotion effect (I still claim he needs to be nerfed by 1 power and by 1 provision so he's 5 power and 11 provision!) and the mighty Hawker Support (lol).

4 Provision:
Making_a_Bomb.png

5 Provision:
Making_a_Bomb (2).png

Last edited:
@Sensimilius, please visit the deckbuilder and search for "Ale of Ancestors". Compare efect and provision to your idea.

Btw an Artifact should not have the same tag as Special Cards
Why compare it to a card that's NEVER played though? If we start comparing all cards to Ale of the Ancestors we will find that around 80% of the cards are OP lol.
"Btw an Artifact should not have the same tag as Special Cards" There is no such rule.
Sabertooth Tiger is still tagged as "beast" while in Artifact form for example.

Sabertooth is a Unit that transforms temporary into an artifact.

Ok the Ale is bad. Any idea why? it is a highprov gold and not a low prov bronce with the same value. And I would add damage is always better.

"Master Crafted Spear" better? nerfed to oblivion because of a similiar efect. Sihil? nerfed to oblivion (deserfed). Give me double Milva, quadrouple Maddoc before your idea of an 4/5p artifact that levels no unit control to high heavens.

Last edited:
Sabertooth is a Unit that transforms temporary into an artifact.

Ok the Ale is bad. Any idea why? it is a highprov gold and not a low prov bronce with the same value. And I would add damage is always better.

"Master Crafted Spear" better? nerfed to oblivion because of a similiar efect. Sihil? nerfed to oblivion (deserfed). Give me double Milva, quadrouple Maddoc before your idea of an 4/5p artifact that levels no unit control to high heavens.
Aight, then make MaB 2 dmg per order use. :D Even better. I was just offering how to change it, feel free to suggest changing numbers how u wish but the core idea is not so bad I think.

Top Bottom