I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+

Guest 4412420

Panam doest have an exclusive "romance quest" like Judy or River (dont know about Kerry, Female V) if im not mistaken.
None of them have exclusive romance quests. If Pyramid Song was romance exclusive, you wouldn't be able to play it as male V, and you can. Same goes for Kerry's and River's quests. The final quests are just the ones where the sex scene happens and in Judy's and River's cases, where majority of the romance dialogue is crammed into.

And Panam's final quest has almost as much romance specific dialogue options as all of Kerry's put together so.

Uh... That's quite the necro of my thread, guys. What for even? There's already a different thread regarding romances.
Post automatically merged:

Depends on which character you look at. Panam's is by no means a bare minimum, Judy's is close second and the guys... well there's a whole thread discussing why Kerry's and River's romances feel like a bare minimum.

As for the topic of this thread, in one of the streams, Pawel Sasko mentioned that the reason why V is able to date multiple people at the same time with no problems is an intentional design choice, which might be the reason why V can't say they're already in a relationship with someone else because V might be predetermined to be into polyamorous relationships. Without asking if their partners are cool with it. :/

Okay, lol. That excuse is as dumb as "well, sonic game doesn't have police chases" from Paweł. So many times they assured us that V is our character, not theirs, so where's an option for my Valerie to be in monogamous relationship with Judy? I honestly gave up with CDPR long time ago, but every time I read something from them it's like they're digging a new low.

Oh, and let me just add. Judy would NOT be okay to be in poly relationship. She was salty AF that some chick was actually hitting on Maiko when they used to be together.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

Okay, lol. That excuse is as dumb as "well, sonic game doesn't have police chases" from Paweł. So many times they assured us that V is our character, not theirs, so where's an option for my Valerie to be in monogamous relationship with Judy? I honestly gave up with CDPR long time ago, but every time I read something from them it's like they're digging a new low.
It just my interpretation and I could be wrong. Maybe for some reason they didn't record any dialogue where V could say they're in a relationship with someone else? In my opinion, roleplaying in Cyberpunk is lacking, so I wouldn't be surprised if V's view on relationships was decided for us.

Edit: but the explanation doesn't add up to me either. If everyone's cool with open relationships, why does V need to pick "the one" on the rooftop before picking the ending option? They can only call one person.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just my interpretation and I could be wrong. Maybe for some reason they didn't record any dialogue where V could say they're in a relationship with someone else? In my opinion, roleplaying in Cyberpunk is lacking so I wouldn't be surprised if V's view on relationships was decided for us.
I watched the clip you posted and it sounds like V seriously was supposed to be poly, because " the future! ". Really...? It's okay to admit you didn't have the time to record lines or add a proper romance mechanics, CDPR... Wouldn't be the only thing that's missing in the game anyway.

And like you said, roleplaying in CP is so limited it became very jarring for me in my second PT, especially in endings and how we're losing control over decisions V made. Or during "friendships" in game. You are literally not allowed to dislike someone. You can't dislike River, you can't Panam, even with Johnny is basically impossible, because if you want to do Kerry's quests, then V automatically becomes friendly with Silverhand and % progress jumps right at 50%.

We're literally forced to be BFFs with everyone.

Uh... That's quite the necro of my thread, guys. What for even? There's already a different thread regarding romances.

Oh, and let me just add. Judy would NOT be okay to be in poly relationship. She was salty AF that some chick was actually hitting on Maiko when they used to be together.
This thread, unlike the other one, deals with the specific fact that, apparently, you can't roleplay your V as strictly gay, the game seems to assume V is bi if she or he dates the same gender, which is both interesting and odd

This thread, unlike the other one, deals with the specific fact that, apparently, you can't roleplay your V as strictly gay, the game seems to assume V is bi if she or he dates the same gender, which is both interesting and odd

Yeah, I know that. It was discussed in old posts here as well, iirc. I understand that V is a set protagonist not a complete blank slate, but decisions like that should be left for the player to decide, not the game.

EDIT: Actually... Let me add that when Valerie and Judy agreed on their relationship, V actually said a lesbian joke. It's specifically for lesbians. Why would she call herself a lesbian in one minute just to go and bone a dude in another? This just inconsistent writing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that. It was discussed in old posts here as well, iirc. I understand that V is a set protagonist not a complete blank slate, but decisions like that should be left for the player to decide, not the game.

EDIT: Actually... Let me add that when Valerie and Judy agreed on their relationship, V actually said a lesbian joke. It's specifically for lesbians. Why would she call herself a lesbian in one minute just to go and bone a dude in another? This just inconsistent writing.
This seems to come from the infamous rushed release date, because due to this dialogue it looks like it was planned to allow the roleplay of V as exclusively gay (as it should be possible, because even tho V is not blank-slate, she or he is not a Geralt type of PC either)

This seems to come from the infamous rushed release date, because due to this dialogue it looks like it was planned to allow the roleplay of V as exclusively gay (as it should be possible, because even tho V is not blank-slate, she or he is not a Geralt type of PC either)
Mmmmhm, one of many rushed things. I remember what a pleasant surprise that joke was, V basically calling herself a lesbian. That was literally the first time I've heard player character calling herself that. I thought it was huge from CDPR part, a big step. But it means jackshit overall.

SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

EDIT: So after the sex scene with Judy, there's an option to enter a relationship with her. That's what I did. After the romance, I decided to continue my main quest with Rogue and Panam. While I was driving with Panam, she asked my FemV if she has anyone important. Additional dialogue option unlocked for me regarding Judy.
"Sort of". Sort of. That's it? SORT OF? "Sort of" option said: "Eh, on and off, to be honest", like, V, how the hell? She's literally in a relationship with Judy and that's what she says? That's a kick in the tits, honestly. It truly left me baffled.
Like I said before, the "relationships" feel more like a "friends with benefits"
Being able to date among other fun side activates, also the option to move in with your
girlfriend / boyfriend if the choice is offered. And like you were saying, the option to say
"No, I'm in a relationship already"

I know we need to do gigs and other quests to level but they soon become repetitive
How many times can fixers call you before you start forwarding their calls to voicemail
Can V hire a secretary please?

I know we need to do gigs and other quests to level but they soon become repetitive
How many times can fixers call you before you start forwarding their calls to voicemail
Can V hire a secretary please?
This thread isn't about fixers and their annoying calls or repetitive gigs.

Guest 4412420

Another clip from the stream, thanks to whoever shared it on one of the subreddits. Sounds like they might have missed it. CDPR are pretty meticulous when it comes to details like this, so it's surprising that they missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another clip from the stream, thanks to whoever shared it on one of the subreddits. Sounds like they might have missed it. CDPR are pretty meticulous when it comes to details like this, so it's surprising that they missed it.
It would be nice to have it "fixed". Might seem like a small thing, but it annoys the shit outta me and many other people.

It would be nice to have it "fixed". Might seem like a small thing, but it annoys the shit outta me and many other people.
Yeah it seem to be a "small" thing in theory, because it requite only to add 3 little dialogue lines to V (about Kerry, Judy or Panam).
But, in my opinion it also require a lot more, for female V at least :(

- If V (female) say that she already is in couple with Judy (no change for male V), it could be very weird for Joss to say that "River like V a lot" and also to say that "River and V would make a nice couple" (with the family vote^^). So all the dialogues around the table also have to be modified after that.
- It also require to modifying the whole water tower scene. River can't hope anything if he already know that V is already in couple with Judy... So all the dialogues have to be changed/removed/re-written.
And above all, it require to do it in all the available languages in the game (quite a few).

For "only" a small change, it require quite a good amount of work at the end :)

Don't see a change/fix coming

It might interfere with the story they want to tell
What story? Sasko admitted they just forgot about this "detail", so adding it would change nothing in the story except giving the player more control of their V and their relationships, which is badly needed.

Yeah it seem to be a "small" thing in theory, because it requite only to add 3 little dialogue lines to V (about Kerry, Judy or Panam).
But, in my opinion it also require a lot more, for female V at least :(

- If V (female) say that she already is in couple with Judy (no change for male V), it could be very weird for Joss to say that "River like V a lot" and also to say that "River and V would make a nice couple" (with the family vote^^). So all the dialogues around the table also have to be modified after that.
- It also require to modifying the whole water tower scene. River can't hope anything if he already know that V is already in couple with Judy... So all the dialogues have to be changed/removed/re-written.
And above all, it require to do it in all the available languages in the game (quite a few).

For "only" a small change, it require quite a good amount of work at the end :)
"Nice couple" comment could give an opportunity for FemV to just say "I'm a lesbian, bye.". Or "I have a girlfriend". That would shut Joss up for sure. But water tower scene would need some changes, yeah. Valerie jumps there from being a lesbian to complete straight with her previous ex boyfriends/bad pickup lines ONLY from MEN.

Can't stand that whole dinner scene. It's just so damn bad and cringe.

Top Bottom