Why is there a love interest for every life path except Corpo?

+
I get what OP is trying to convey with this topic, but personally I dont look at it as "a love interest for every lifepath" because there is a huge disconnect there.
Since lifepath means little more than 'where did you came from' you could say there's 1 LI who you may share a background with, maybe 1,5 if you count Judy as a ganger of the Moxx and you'd be a streetkid ganger also.
However given the story and in what place you end up in, I view the LIs more like 'certain' people you'll cross paths with and might stick around there to stay, at which point background means nothing anymore. If anything its more so a common view of the future you might have with an LI.

I've not played as a male V to see the relationship with Panam, but she being a nomad, returning back to being a nomad has less impact for me than when I play as a V who used to be a nomad. Panam feels much more like the sister from another mother who pulled you away from the evil jaws of NC.
Pretty much the same goes for Judy with the exception that you both are looking/working to escape NC's clutches.
Both River and Kerry have an unhealthy attachment to NC my V simply could not reconsile with even if she tried, yet they aint what you could call either a streetkid or corpo.
River (litterally) is a single phonecall away from ending up in a ditch, spit out by NC as he went freefalling from detective to vigilante and Kerry is about 70 years behind living on cloud 9, trying to make NC into a blurr.

So only when you as V chose the Nomad path at the end, then you could say you have 2 LIs, but when you choose any of the other paths you virtually have none. In the Sun endings I'm not even sure who could be a logical option really, in fact I think that that ending severely lacks any potential one since neither Kerry and River make for a compelling choice. River would at best be a side hussle who would probably try to persuade you away from your legendary merc status and Kerry... I just dont know what to say there. And with the corpo path you've actually have several that COULD work, Takemura and Hanako could both work for either a female or male V (respectively).
Takemura has been asked for since day 1, and as companion of a female V they'd share quite the history and Hanako could even make sense because if she was male V LI and seduce the poor bastard, it would be the ultimate ploy for her to keep V under some form of control. You could fabricate an interesting 'relationship' there.

In general, I would surely have liked more potential LIs.

Last edited:
I have played the game several times. And I think what's really missing is a quest with Corpo Meredith Strout. We have a quest with Panam, we help Judy, River, Kerry.
But with Meredith Strout, the developers simply threw us a bone and closed the door (please don't call what happens in No Tell Mote "romance"!
And I'm even more disappointed because one of the missions that Padre gives us, leads us to discover a sordid affair where a gang is mandated by Arasaka to disguise itself as Militech agent in order to attack an Arasaka building. Who, why? Is Arasaka behind this, or someone trying to manipulate everyone?
Alas Padre asks us to forget this because it is a bomb.
For me it would have been the good starting point to develop the story with V helping Meredith Strout. She would be V's right hand during this quest and trying to get to the bottom of this story and even save her skin from the person who is trying to frame her (a story with a lot of manipulation and lies where the truth is really elsewhere). AND there could have been a real romance (REAL ROMANCE) despite Meredith's "never again" tattoo.
It's Christmas, maybe I can dream of there being a Meredith Strout DLC later in this game.

Maiko could have been a corpo behavior LI as well. Imagine dating Maiko and Judy at the same time - that would be interesting even more if dbl romances would influence each other or would have consequences in general

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they should have made Rachel Casich romancable. would have made for a perfect amoral corpo romance. Her and V would be a real cut-throat power couple.
lol yea she would be toxic for sure, perfect option actually. Or even that reporter that we see on the news. We bump into her 2 or 3 times I think. I'd even be ok with Meredith since you establish a relationship with her early on. Even if the relationships end terribly or just becomes a casual agreement. It would certainly be interesting and at least offers another options besides just the one.
Post automatically merged:

Maiko could have been a corpo behavior LI as well. Imagine dating Maiko and Judy at the same time - that would be interesting even more if dbl romances would influence each other or would have consequences in general
I don't remember her much. That mission was too stressful, everyone just gets angry and pulls out a gun or you upset Judy. I think Maiko died the one time I did the mission and in my other playthroughs I just didn't help Judy. She's great but being her friend is a lot.
Maiko would be a good option too or even Lizzy Wizzy, there are a few great Corpo options. Hopefully the devs improve on that for the next one.

Last edited:
I don't remember her much.
Yeah I kicked her out of my mind as well until I saw her hanging around at Hansens Party… she really makes her corpo way if she don’t die because of choices. Sadly there is no interaction with her at all finding her in Black Saphire - imagine a quicky with her at said partys bathroom would be sooo cool :)

edit: or even banging with either of the twins in the roulette mission to gather infos would have been cool - isn’t that exactly what undercover agents do?

And with the corpo path you've actually have several that COULD work, Takemura and Hanako could both work for either a female or male V (respectively).
Takemura has been asked for since day 1, and as companion of a female V they'd share quite the history and Hanako could even make sense because if she was male V LI and seduce the poor bastard, it would be the ultimate ploy for her to keep V under some form of control. You could fabricate an interesting 'relationship' there.

In general, I would surely have liked more potential LIs.
I had never considered Hanako but you make a good argument. Since Phantom Liberty dropped I was thinking President Myers but that might be too on the nose and I don't see any reason she would want to be involved with V in that way. She seems to be all business and would very likely throw you to the wolves. Hanako isn't much different but probably a better choice
Post automatically merged:

I have played the game several times. And I think what's really missing is a quest with Corpo Meredith Strout. We have a quest with Panam, we help Judy, River, Kerry.
But with Meredith Strout, the developers simply threw us a bone and closed the door (please don't call what happens in No Tell Mote "romance"!
THIS!!!

I 100% thought Meredith was going to be a love interest on my first playthrough because they placed such a huge emphasis on working with her again at the end of that mission and then the follow up interaction which wasn't what players wanted. Even if they wanted to do the whole "all Corpos are hollow shells with no soul" thing, there are still ways they could explore that with her. Seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
Still sad that CDPR teased Alex as LI but didn’t go further than that…

another one who just came to my mind is the Netwatch Agent Mosley… getting him as LI would have been interesting especially for Corpo Vs… A netwatch agent and a former Arasaka counterintelligence - what a couple >: )

I think the OP has their own view of the game and thinks it should apply to everyone else. The conflation of romance options with lifepaths is very strange to me.

Okay... the original question is just weird, it's like asking why BG3 doesn't have one love interest per DnD class.

That said... for those who say Judy isn't a street kid? She's a member of the Mox! She is LITERALLY a street kid.

Top Bottom