Why is there a love interest for every life path except Corpo?

+
It just occurred to me that we have Panam for Nomads, Judy for Street Kid but there really is no option for Corpo's. I suppose I can see the logic being Corpo's would just be like Meredith, only a casual thing but then we have couples like the Peralez who technically are politicians but are affiliated with or controlled by Corpo's and they seem to have a relationship. Even if we went the Meredith route they could have made it a casual arrangement, but you really only interact with her once after the mission and that's it. There really isn't a corpo equivalent to Judy or Panam either in the main questline to help V.

Cp7.jpg

I think River suits a Nomad/Streetkid V too.

Aside from Meredith Stout, Sandra Dorsett seems like an obvious choice for Corpos.

Hmm,. hmm, Sandra is messing with the corps. She's likely to become an ex-corpo and, being real, she's more on the other side for that.

Judy for Street Kid
Judy, Street Kid? Really? Seem weird to me, knowing she grew up and spent most of her childhood in a (very) small town outside of Night City (Laguna Bend).
Just my opinion, but seem also weird to associate life paths or backstories for love interests. I mean you don't need to be nomad to fall in love with Panam, nor being nomad for Panam to fall in love with V :)
(We have a little proverb in france "Les opposés s'attirent / opposites attract", which I guess could be also true about life paths^^)

Judy is happiest with Nomads (as far as the romance with V goes). That's where she belongs.

Tho, my V is happiest alone, surrounded by joytoys. A corpo.

Um, y'all are ignoring Kerry....guess I'm not surprised as the OP ignored both the male options...
Well I mean Kerry was in an anti capitalist punk band and still is quite an anti corpo guy in general if you prod him about selling out he gets pretty upset about it. The only thing Relating him to anything corporate is that he is a rich celebrity, but that doesn't mean he fits in with V having a corpo background.

I'm not sure what this thread really means anyway given that lifepaths mean almost nothing in this game and even less with the romances and to be honest I think male Streetkid V fits better with Panam, with the Aldecaldos giving V a family and a home that he never really had. At least I view it that way.

I'm not sure what this thread really means anyway given that lifepaths mean almost nothing in this game and even less with the romances and to be honest I think male Streetkid V fits better with Panam, with the Aldecaldos giving V a family and a home that he never really had. At least I view it that way.
Yea sure but I'm referring to the background of the characters. Whether we think Panam fits better with Street kid is besides the point because she is a Nomad through and through, that's pretty well established in the game. Same with Judy as far as being a Street Kid. The point is there aren't any Corpo characters at all that V interacts with in a positive way throughout the game.

I guess in a way Phantom Liberty is an answer to that since it introduces some Corpo types and politicians just no Corpo relationships. I sort of get why, can't have V fraternizing with Corpo's while he's fighting against them but it would be interesting. A complex relationship with a Corpo that could lead to betrayal or V questioning his/her choices. I guess we'll see if that changes in the next game.
Post automatically merged:

Just my opinion, but seem also weird to associate life paths or backstories for love interests.
Not really, are Nomads any different than the description for the Nomad life path? It's not a coincidence, the game is designed that way. Maybe you misunderstood.....I'm not saying a Nomad must be with a nomad, I'm saying both Panam and Judy are representative of those life paths presented by the game (Nomad, Streetkid) and that there is no Corpo equivalent character that V interacts with in the main story.

Last edited:
I'm not saying a Nomad must be with a nomad, I'm saying both Panam and Judy are representative of those life paths presented by the game (Nomad, Streetkid) and that there is no Corpo equivalent character that V interacts with in the main story.
Panam sure is representative to nomad lifepath, but Judy isn't... Judy didn't even grew up in a "city" so I don't get how Judy could represente "Street Kid" :(
In the game, only Panam could be representative to a lifepath but others don't. Judy isn't (grew up in a little town), River isn't (gew up in a farm), no idea for Kerry :)

Panam sure is representative to nomad lifepath, but Judy isn't... Judy didn't even grew up in a "city" so I don't get how Judy could represente "Street Kid" :(
In the game, only Panam could be representative to a lifepath but others don't. Judy isn't (grew up in a little town), River isn't (gew up in a farm), no idea for Kerry :)
Kerry would probably be more suited for a 'streetkid'. He appears to have grown up in a city of some sort judging by how he carries himself, was rioting in the streets with Johnny and the way he carries himself, like the city is his playground.

Her not being born in the city doesn't mean she doesn't fit that lifepath. She chose the Mox life long ago. She left that small town and they literally emphasize in the quest that she doesn't even remember that town because it was so long ago. We know her grandparents were forced to leave the town and moved to Night City so that's where she spent most of her life. Same with the Nomads, Mitch and Scorpion were in the army before they became Nomads so they at some point lived in the city. If we follow your logic they wouldn't be Nomads because they worked for the Corpo owned government. No, we're talking about the life they chose.

Judy chose to stay in Night City after her grandparents left. She knows the streets; gangs , the ppl she's affiliated with and has her ears to the ground. When you take the quest from Mr & Mrs Peralez and go to their apartment, If you check their email it was Judy who they called to help with their quest. This was presumably not the first time they've used her services but because she was dealing with the Evelyn thing she told them to call you. She's a streetkid by every metric the game presented.

I honestly don't know anything about Kerry, I've played the game 4 times and I've never interacted with him beyond that flashback with Johnny. My understanding is he's a potential love interest for those interested in a gay romance, that doesn't apply to me so I've had no reason to interact with the character. I'll just have to take your word for it.

Her not being born in the city doesn't mean she doesn't fit that lifepath. She chose the Mox life long ago. She left that small town and they literally emphasize in the quest that she doesn't even remember that town because it was so long ago. We know her grandparents were forced to leave the town and moved to Night City so that's where she spent most of her life. Same with the Nomads, Mitch and Scorpion were in the army before they became Nomads so they at some point lived in the city. If we follow your logic they wouldn't be Nomads because they worked for the Corpo owned government. No, we're talking about the life they chose.

Judy chose to stay in Night City after her grandparents left. She knows the streets; gangs , the ppl she's affiliated with and has her ears to the ground. When you take the quest from Mr & Mrs Peralez and go to their apartment, If you check their email it was Judy who they called to help with their quest. This was presumably not the first time they've used her services but because she was dealing with the Evelyn thing she told them to call you. She's a streetkid by every metric the game presented.

I honestly don't know anything about Kerry, I've played the game 4 times and I've never interacted with him beyond that flashback with Johnny. My understanding is he's a potential love interest for those interested in a gay romance, that doesn't apply to me so I've had no reason to interact with the character. I'll just have to take your word for it.
For me, Street Kid > "They say if you wanna understand the streets, you gotta live 'em. Gangs, fixers, dolls, small-time pushers - you were raised by them all."
So like Mitch and Scorpion, she decided to stay in Night City, but she wasn't "raised" by streets... so it doesn't mean she a "Street Kid". At least, not more "Street Kid" than corpo/nomad V who decided to stay in Night City as a merc (Jackie is a "true" Street Kid").
(her grandparents weren't "forced" to leave Night City, they just didn't like living in a big city so they moved in Oregon).

Beside, I didn't mention Mitch and Scorpion, Panam is a "true" nomad. Micth and Scorpion adopted nomad life after the war (like V in the Star Ending), but it doesn't make them "true" nomad.

Well... If you want. I just don't get it... :)

it could be cool to have a corpo as a love interest, not just for the players with the corpo background, but I guess the main goal was just to have some LIs to add a flavor to the game, but not going deep into it.

For me, Street Kid > "They say if you wanna understand the streets, you gotta live 'em. Gangs, fixers, dolls, small-time pushers - you were raised by them all."
So like Mitch and Scorpion, she decided to stay in Night City, but she wasn't "raised" by streets... so it doesn't mean she a "Street Kid". At least, not more "Street Kid" than corpo/nomad V who decided to stay in Night City as a merc (Jackie is a "true" Street Kid").
(her grandparents weren't "forced" to leave Night City, they just didn't like living in a big city so they moved in Oregon).

Beside, I didn't mention Mitch and Scorpion, Panam is a "true" nomad. Micth and Scorpion adopted nomad life after the war (like V in the Star Ending), but it doesn't make them "true" nomad.

Well... If you want. I just don't get it... :)
The games definition of streetkid is:

"They say if you wanna understand the streets, you gotta live 'em. Gangs, fixers, dolls, small-time pushers - you were raised by them all. Down here the law of the jungle dictates the weak serve the strong - the only law in Night City you have yet to break."

Judy isn't a Corpo and she isn't a Nomad, sure you can argue that she falls somewhere between a Streetkid and something else but I don't really think there's much point debating something that definitely leans in one direction more than the others so I''ll leave it at that.

Your definition of these terms seem to be a bit skewed and saying Mitch and Scorpion aren't Nomads kinda highlights that. There's no such thing as "true Nomad". It's a way of life, all of the lifepaths are. It's something you choose not something you are born in or are defined by birth. That's like saying someone born in the slums can't be a greedy Corpo, not only does the game disprove that but people in general aren't static in that way.

Anyhow, appreciate the feedback.
Post automatically merged:

it could be cool to have a corpo as a love interest, not just for the players with the corpo background, but I guess the main goal was just to have some LIs to add a flavor to the game, but not going deep into it.
Very true. I think having too much focus on a good Corpo storyline would be antithesis to what the Cyberpunk theme (raging against the machine) is supposed to be so it's definitely understandable why they didn't. At the same time if they decided to keep the Corpo lifepath then they might as well have, why give us the option otherwise or have Corpo dialogue choices.

I don't know how many players chose the Corpo path but I imagine they will look at that data for the next game. If I had to guess there probably weren't a whole lot but it's still good to have some variety in the game.

Last edited:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they should have made Rachel Casich romancable. would have made for a perfect amoral corpo romance. Her and V would be a real cut-throat power couple.

Top Bottom