Movies / TV Shows!

+
I found the aesthetics/graphics very nice. It was nice to watch :)
Yes, I love Amano's style, and the pace was a nice change. The character Patty kept reminding me of Terra from Final Fantasy 6!
terra-portrait.png

I wish there were more works that had his designs, I've only seen two other - semi-obscure anime OVAs Angel's Egg and Amon Saga.

While watching the first episode I realized it's been so long since the last game that I forgot most of what's going on in the whole dragon age series. Hopefully the new game will be ready in a year or so...

I might keep watching even though episode 1 didn't impress me that much so far, but seems like an okay show.

Finished Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities; very hit & miss and did not enjoy the adaptations of the two Lovecraft works that I was looking forward to the most, however Panos Cosmatos' The Viewing made up for everything and was fantastic.

So now I'm being forced to watch the live-action Cowboy Bebop. I don't hate it.

Since holiday season is almost here and if you are looking for not_so_traditional Christmas movies, here's one for you to try:

Guest 4668352

I wasn't quite sure what to Expect from Wednesday series, but after first two episodes it has been nothing but a positive surprise. Going to watch more of it later today.

I thought the same thing before I started watching. However, it turned out to be so engaging, so I finished it within two days. I'm watching too much Netflix lately since I've installed it from this source on my TV. So I'm looking for non-Netflix recommendations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rewatched Avatar (James Cameron) to prepare for the sequel, it was as bad/cliché ridden as I remembered. It's strange to think that the filmmaker that gave us such amazing movies like Aliens and Terminator 2 directed something so tropey.

Ok, so I just checked what is available the next week and I'm a bit surprised to see that on the list :)
Damn, that looks terrible.
Costumes and make-up look like some mediocre cosplay from Comic Con.
That's some seriously low effort, even for Netflix standards. :facepalm:

Damn, that looks terrible.
Costumes and make-up look like some mediocre cosplay from Comic Con.
That's some seriously low effort, even for Netflix standards. :facepalm:
Haha, well, coming from a fan of all 6 seasons of The Guild. I'm down for it. As long as it doesn't take it self too seriously ..

Watching Andor. Quite liking this one despite not giving a feck about the character, the more mature tone is quite refreshing after Obi-Wan Kenobi, which I thought was rather awful in almost every respect, and I say that as someone who loved The Clone Wars. What a wasted opportunity.

We started re-watching Big Bang Theory again. That one just never gets old.
I sort of agree and disagree. The first few seasons never get old. But when they ran out of Geek story lines and started writing relationship stories, the show jumped the shark pretty quickly and badly.
Post automatically merged:

Last night I watched a movie called "Mad God". It's very strange, and very good. If the name of the movie is intended as an indication of its theme or purpose, then "Mad" carries both of its main English meanings: angry and insane. Saying more than that would give away too much, because part of what the movie is about is deriving your own narrative while watching it.

White Noise (2022)

One of best movies of 2022, though movie probably isn't for everyone.

While story is presented in three chapters, each focusing on something, movie is more about social commentary and very clever multilayered piece that is to the point today, even it's set in the early 80's.

It's difficult to say much about it without spoiling, but what is important to note it's based on a novel White Noise (1985) by Don DeLillo that was considered to be one of those unfilmable books.

Fans and those curious about the cyberpunk and it's history, movie offers easy way to access to what else was happening during the era when William Gibson and Jon Walter Williams among others were creating works what would grow to become its own genre. Also those who have found cyberpunk interesting beyond aesthetic and adventure aspects may find movie very interesting.

I was very surprised that this appeared in Netflix couple of days ago. Absolutely stunning work, though appraise may not be universal. Still, very much recommended watching.

White Noise at IMDB

Top Bottom