Review our game – Community reviewers selected

+
XBAKat said:
No, but why would someone lie about getting rejected the first day? There's not a lot of pride in that, after all. My thoughts are that it could be like auditioning in theater, there are the ones you know NO right away with, and everyone else makes callbacks. Then you do it again until you narrow it down to 1 (or in this case, 1000).

I don't know that people would come back and post that they got rejected- or accepted for that matter- since the reason we keep coming back is that we're waiting to hear...

But then why out of ALL the people did he get a message when we're all waiting here.And also he could of just said that to worry people that they're application didn't get through

I also think 3-5 thousand seems about right. It could be as Kat says, that they whittled it down immediately, for example, if someone did a poor review, or posted on a site with 10 views, they would be quickly rejected.

I edited my post but it's on the last page, so I'll post it here too...

"I don't know that people would come back and post that they got rejected- or accepted for that matter- since the reason we keep coming back is that we're waiting to hear... Actually, I didn't know this site existed until yesterday, when I started googling to see if anyone had heard yet. So if I had gotten a reply day 1, I wouldn't have posted here..."

There aren't 5000 people posting here that they haven't heard, there are like- 20. 50 tops. So it's not out of everyone why wouldn't he hear, it's out of everyone, why have we not?

And I'm not worried that my application wasn't received, I got a confirmation email, lol.

Maybe I'm just conceited, that I can't imagine they found 1000 people better qualified than I am, lol.

XBAKat said:

"I don't know that people would come back and post that they got rejected- or accepted for that matter- since the reason we keep coming back is that we're waiting to hear... Actually, I didn't know this site existed until yesterday, when I started googling to see if anyone had heard yet. So if I had gotten a reply day 1, I wouldn't have posted here..."

There aren't 5000 people posting here that they haven't heard, there are like- 20. 50 tops. So it's not out of everyone why wouldn't he hear, it's out of everyone, why have we not?

And I'm not worried that my application wasn't received, I got a confirmation email, lol.

Maybe I'm just conceited, that I can't imagine they found 1000 people better qualified than I am, lol.

If it took them an extra day or two to decide.Im sure they have.But I dont know :/

DTS4p said:
I reckon between 3 and 5 thousand applicants. I think you have to add up just HOW many sites are out there doing this sort of thing i guess!

LOL :D Yes, I hear you. I suppose you have to find a unique way of doing it. And I've always had a passion for artwork, music, and writing - everything that makes up a great game!

Again, best of luck to you all - we're all in the same boat. Off to bed (FINALL!)

XBAKat said:

Big world out there. Plenty of potential to find plenty of people better than all of us, really. Better to be realistic and accept this.

I hope they did NOT pick XBA.Kat. I do NOT like her attitude. NO sympathy, to be honest. :(

There are a lot of OTHER people around here, who REALLY DESERVE a review copy much more!

And most of them didn't just register to beg for their copy or to complain about it...

No, I'm not talking about myself, I didn't apply for a review copy.

If anyone got a response, chosen or not, just let us know. :)

And last but not least, thanks to CDP for the game and for this give-away!

Can you link me to one of your reviews? You seem confident that you're good so I think reading one of your reviews might be interesting.

XBAKat said:
I'm good. I'm really good. And I write for a big site.

So?That doesn't mean you deserve one.There is people who dont do that and want to get into it.I dont mean to sound rude but there are other people who deserve copies more than you.

Also.Why didn't I include one of my crappy reviews in the application?

Plenty of reviews on my blog, people say they are really good, even better than professional ones and.....well, really long and detailed. But I don't know, I'm Spaniard so I don't know if I'm in disadvantage here because maybe there's no one there than understands my language and check if they are good enough or not.

Anyway, best luck for you all, I will post as soon as I get a reply. Great website, by the way.

I will also post when I get a reply, I hope everyone on here gets one (if they wanted it). Just to let you know, I applied before I got my account here, so there is a chance that loads of non posters have been rejected.

pophi said:
Plenty of reviews on my blog, people say they are really good, even better than professional ones and.....well, really long and detailed. But I don't know, I'm Spaniard so I don't know if I'm in disadvantage here because maybe there's no one there than understands my language and check if they are good enough or not.

Anyway, best luck for you all, I will post as soon as I get a reply. Great website, by the way.

Good luck to you! I hope you'd have as fair a chance as anyone else, but who can say.
I'm also eagerly awaiting an email to let you guys know.

That would be really unfair, they are interested in good reviews for their game, from real gamers that put their heart on it, not how much people posts here or not.

Frederico said:
I hope they did NOT pick XBA.Kat. I do NOT like his attitude. NO sympathy, to be honest. :(

There are a lot of OTHER people around here, who REALLY DESERVE a review copy much more! ;)

And most of them didn't just register to beg for their copy or to complain about it... X|

No, I'm not talking about myself, I didn't apply for a review copy. :cool:

If anyone got a response, choosen or not, just let us know. :)

And last but not least, thanks to CDP for the game and for this give-away! :D

I'm not a him, so there's your first mistake. Your second is thinking I care what you think. Your third is to act like I'm being anything besides encouraging to people still waiting. Some of these kids are defeated and feeling discouraged. I'm saying there's nothing wrong with confidence, even a little cockiness. No one gets anywhere in life if they think everyone else is better than they are. Anyone who still hasn't heard can at least assume they made it to the finals, whether chosen or not.

And choosen is not a word.

@pophi: they said worldwide, so I'm sure they have someone who could read yours! :)

Jeeesus... You are good in beeing cocky. No, that's not a compliment.

You are doing your best now. Showing the real face. "No, thanks!" would be the right response for your type of person.

XBAKat said:
I'm not a him, so there's your first mistake. Your second is thinking I care what you think. Your third is to act like I'm being anything besides encouraging to people still waiting. Some of these kids are defeated and feeling discouraged. I'm saying there's nothing wrong with confidence, even a little cockiness. No one gets anywhere in life if they think everyone else is better than they are. Anyone who still hasn't heard can at least assume they made it to the finals, whether chosen or not.

And choosen is not a word.

But saying you think no one else deserves a copy more than you is going a bit over the edge.Thats hardly a little cockiness.

EDIT:Sounds a bit different than what I meant.I meant no one else who has entered etc;5-6 thousand people maybe.You are the best out of all of them

Top Bottom