Review our game – Community reviewers selected

+

Forum veteran
uncleniccius said:
Apparently the winners are chosen, anyone got anything?
No one seems to have anything yet. They must have decided that email was too impersonal and gone with carrier pigeons. Rest assured, everyone—we'll all have our answers within 3-5 weeks, depending on weather.

If they are, expect replies soon!As soon as I'll here, my laptop will beep (does everytime I get an email) when I got an email regarding the Witcher 2 I was SO excited.. then realised it was from Gamestop!

XBAKat said:
I'm good. I'm really good. And I write for a big site.

Just because you write for a big site doesn't mean that you are good! Iv read some reviews on big sites and they are utter rubbish!

firehotfinisher said:
But saying you think no one else deserves a copy more than you is going a bit over the edge.Thats hardly a little cockiness.

I didn't use the word deserve once. I said I have a hard time believing that they had anyone more QUALIFIED. I run my own personal blog that reviews RPGs, and I write for a site with a lot of members. If they wanted a well written review that would get a lot of hits, it's hard to believe they had 1000 people better suited.

When you get review copies, it's about traffic to the publishers. Capcom requires an insane number of hits a month to your site.

So what I'm saying is... If I was in charge (and I'm clearly not) and I got 2 submissions- one without a writing sample and a link to a blog that maybe gets 10 hits a month, or one with a well written sample from an established website, I know which I'd choose. And that's if I had to choose ONE.

Choosing 1000 out of 5000 samples means you only have to be better than 4 people (yeah, oversimplifying). You guys should at least have the confidence to say that!

XBAKat said:
I didn't use the word deserve once. I said I have a hard time believing that they had anyone more QUALIFIED. I run my own personal blog that reviews RPGs, and I write for a site with a lot of members. If they wanted a well written review that would get a lot of hits, it's hard to believe they had 1000 people better suited.

When you get review copies, it's about traffic to the publishers. Capcom requires an insane number of hits a month to your site.

So what I'm saying is... If I was in charge (and I'm clearly not) and I got 2 submissions- one without a writing sample and a link to a blog that maybe gets 10 hits a month, or one with a well written sample from an established website, I know which I'd choose. And that's if I had to choose ONE.

Choosing 1000 out of 5000 samples means you only have to be better than 4 people (yeah, oversimplifying). You guys should at least have the confidence to say that!

Sorry.I edited my post.read the bottom

uncleniccius said:
@Venatis **cough** IGN **cough** ;)

LMAO!!! This is true!

@Venatis, that was 2 thoughts. ;) I'll message you with a link to the writing sample I submitted, sometime... After they aren't all out for my blood. ;p

@Fire- even after your edit, my point remains. I didn't say I'm the best. I said I put myself in the top 1000 writers who applied.

XBAKat said:

I see your point.

The thing is, CDPR seems to have made it fairly clear that they don't care what your site's/resource's qualifications are. Just yours on a personal level. They don't care if you have a site or not. They're happy to see the reviews go up on GameFAQs, Facebook, crap, probably even Myspace. Just cause we have sites, I don't think that makes us more qualified to win this. I think it comes down to our skill as writers and our general demeanor.

I think it's better to just relax until those emails come in. I'd rather not think I lost, but I'd rather not think I won either. Waiting is preferable since we just don't know what is going on. Some may call that indifference, but I just call it being patient. I don't want to jump the gun and think I'm more qualified than a ton of other people just because I write for a site with a good amount of dedicated readers.
Good luck to you, Kat.

Tyrannikos said:
I see your point.

The thing is, CDPR seems to have made it fairly clear that they don't care what your site's/resource's qualifications are. Just yours on a personal level. They don't care if you have a site or not. They're happy to see the reviews go up on GameFAQs, Facebook, crap, probably even Myspace. Just cause we have sites, I don't think that makes us more qualified to win this. I think it comes down to our skill as writers and our general demeanor.

I think it's better to just relax until those emails come in. I'd rather not think I lost, but I'd rather not think I won either. Waiting is preferable since we just don't know what is going on. Some may call that indifference, but I just call it being patient. I don't want to jump the gun and think I'm more qualified than a ton of other people just because I write for a site with a good amount of dedicated readers.
Good luck to you, Kat.

Good luck to you as well. I don't view anyone here as competition or unworthy, for the record. 1000 copies are quite a few more than people who are posting here, and it seems like we should be encouraging each other, not hoping other people don't get it.

I would certainly like the people on here to be the ones to get it, as they are the most dedicated (we're all posting on a Witcher 2 forum!) :) Again, good luck.

Such enthusiasm! Whether you deserve it or not to write a review, people like you showing real devotion to the game and team, really speaks a lot from you.

Good luck with the reviews, guys.

Top Bottom