Bugs after Patch 2.0

+
Patch 2.0 fixed a lot of things, but also added a lot of different bugs. Some things you manage to deal with, but some you turn a blind eye to.
A small bug from me in my piggy bank. Disappearing cop in the NCPD point in Watson. He is either killed, or he suddenly, right in front of your eyes disappears. Before the patch he used to say "thank you, to hell with this job".

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 32
I'm gonna hold off on Phantom Liberty for a few weeks until a new patch is deployed.

I'm experiencing a huge bug where the police are just not responding to anything I do at all, video posted below for reference. The only fix on this is to create a new save file, but obviously i'm not going to do that.

From what I've seen on reddit this bug occurs when you complete the Prophets Song mission after installing 2.0

I did this mission in my new 2.0 play through, so this links up.

I'm actually baffled and incredibly disappointed that after 3 years of patches and updates, stuff like this is still happening.

Last edited:
Env: new save, clean install, no mods, (deleted all traces from all locations including scrapping all old save files so game is as vanilla as I can get).

Bug?: Spent money buying quickhacks from the ping quest vender in the plaza, took the eddies but hacks did not appear in my inventory. Do I need to upgrade my cyberdeck or have I just wasted eddies on a bug?

1695641778745.png

Biggest bug I've now encountered is when fighting the Cyberpsycho Lt. Mower, there is a fuse box or something on the right side wall in the enclosed area. If it explodes, the game freezes, though combat music will keep playing, and it will eat all your available memory before crashing altogether - but no crash report tool opens after. And I really mean, all memory. task manager showed cyberpunk reserving 24,5 gigs of my 32 gigs of RAM after this.

Edit: And this is/was infinitely repeatable at least on my machine, took me three tries before figuring out not to use anything that causes explosions or not to fight even near it. So not just random explosions bringing the game down, but specifically that spot, for some reason.

i can't upgrade the malorian arms (it was max level before 2.0, after 2.0 update it goes back to lv 1 (white)), just lv 1+
image_2023-09-25_154722002.png

Have you tried using DDU to remove your drivers completely and re-install them from scratch?
I don't think its anything to do with drivers... this is to do with either the game update.. or this particular character model... i did notice same character somewhere else in game after this and same head/neck glitches on her.
Post automatically merged:

Yea i kinda giggeled a bit about this too :D

Tbh doesnt happend to me, i can record in HDR trough shadowplay no problem.

No idea why it would work for you then. You using Windows 10? With more than one monitor? For me one monitor is HDR, the other monitor is not. If main monitor is HDR on in Windows, then the ALT-F9 manual record of screen does not work - same for years. Pressing ALT-F9 it immediately notifies "Recording has been saved" instead of "Recording has been started" and get a single 0 second recording in save folder or none.

I don't think its anything to do with drivers... this is to do with either the game update.. or this particular character model... i did notice same character somewhere else in game after this and same head/neck glitches on her.

Dude, you literally said this started happening after the driver update.

Today... after installing new NVidia driver 537.42... weird extra & missing broken polygons all over her face & neck

Bad driver updates do happen. It's not unheard of at all. I stopped counting the number of times people on this forum have told me "NOT MY PC" and it was their PC. "THIS IS A FRESH INSTALL AND MODS ARE TURNED OFF" but it's not a clean install and turns out a clean install fixed their problem right up. "NOT MY DRIVERS" - DDU + a fresh install fixed it right up.

Just try it man. You have literally nothing to lose. Worst case scenario you have a fresh, clean install, of your drivers and can be 100% certain it's not the issue. Best case scenario, your problem is fixed.

I'm not saying I'm 100% certain that's your issue but you have to start somewhere if you want to fix things.

Did you tried fall damages in case?
Also the only thing you can do on console, clear the cache?
(not sure knowing you don't have issue with other characters).

Did not try clearing the cache - not home till Thursday, I'll try it then. So far I didn't notice any issues with other characters. Other than reloading an old save nothing seems to be working right now. Hoping something will be underway until the weekend.

I have been getting this weird bug when changing out cyberware if your at max cap changing out cyberware locks you out of replacements while removing the item you tried to swap blank all while not reducing cyberware capacity

Here some bugs that I've encouraged after patch 2.0:
  1. Image twitching when AMD boost enabled (can be fixed by disabling it in AMD Adrenalin)
  2. Cars "falling" through the ground. VERY often
  3. Cars can stuck in each other. Often
  4. Cars can just stand on traffic light forever. Sometimes
  5. Burned down police cars still riding with policeman inside. Quite often
  6. When calling your car, it can fall from the sky and stunk on street pole. Rarely
  7. NPC trying to shoot you though walls and ceilings. Every time
  8. In scene in V's apartment when Jhonny and V realize that their hands moving synchronously, Jhonny had no head, no left arm and no right wrist it was just black, as well as background. Unfortunately, i did no screenshot, 'cause did thought that I will make this post.
  9. When dialogue is interrupted, and then continues phrases can be mixed. Dialog continues like it wasn't interrupted and phrases that you "didn't heard" will interpose. Often
For now it's all. Maybe I'll add some more.

And one old bugs:

Last edited:
Damn

Seriously games still broken?? Cdpr what happened to you guys actually making promises and saying how great you are, your as bad as the rest

Last edited:
No idea why it would work for you then. You using Windows 10? With more than one monitor? For me one monitor is HDR, the other monitor is not. If main monitor is HDR on in Windows, then the ALT-F9 manual record of screen does not work - same for years. Pressing ALT-F9 it immediately notifies "Recording has been saved" instead of "Recording has been started" and get a single 0 second recording in save folder or nonnone
nah im on windows 11. Might be because of that since it has AUTOHDR. Also only use 1 monitor since i learned that sometimes more bring issues -.-

Bad driver updates do happen. It's not unheard of at all. I stopped counting the number of times people on this forum have told me "NOT MY PC" and it was their PC. "THIS IS A FRESH INSTALL AND MODS ARE TURNED OFF" but it's not a clean install and turns out a clean install fixed their problem right up. "NOT MY DRIVERS" - DDU + a fresh install fixed it right up.
Cant do anything else but agree with you, almost sad teh amount of times any of these things has worked. Im starting too feel like techsupport sometimes... "have you tryed turning it off and then on?" -.-

Last edited:
Hey,

This might be the wrong place, but I just wanted to report a bug that has started in the photomode now since the 2.0 update for ps5 console.

Before the update, a body would freeze in mid motion when you go in photomode, it looked really cool and allowed for some stunning shots.

Now since 2.0 the body will continue to fall to the ground whole on photomode, warp and then lay on the floor, rather than it freezing mid pose/action/fall.

It's a minor item, but I just thought I should report it because some of my favourite shots taken are action pieces with people and bodies in the air and things

1. Changing settings does not help
2.Reinstalling drivers too
3. Restart the OS too
4.Game installed on ssd

Attachments

• 20230922174438_1.jpg
    20230922174438_1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 36
I noticed other bugs in the hack:
system collapse often doesn't work, even by selecting it multiple times, even other hackings like amnesia don't make subsequent hacks untraceable and don't allow you to go undetected. Furthermore, hacking doesn't really do any damage, not even cyberware failure accumulated 5 times. The talent that allows you to hack through walls who is hacking you doesn't work either.

It seem that as of the 2.0 patch, there is a new feature in the options menu that lets you adjust the camera auto centering time delay. However, the patch seems to have broken the vertical auto alignment that follows the angle of terrain while driving up and down inclined roads/hills, a feature that was present before the patch was released, and is also present in almost all modern racing games as well as GTA 5. Having to play without this great quality of life feature is a very noticeable nuisance and requires the constant realignment of the camera while driving through the game world.

This issue is also present on PS5 from what I've heard, so it is not exclusive to PC. I suspect this camera feature was either removed intentionally or accidentally broken when CDPR was developing the new vehicle combat system. In addition, the camera centers more slowly now than before, making it more difficult to see into the corners you are turning in to without manually adjusting the view. Hopefully this is not an intentional design decision because there are probably many players like myself who prefer the pre-patch camera behavior. Hope it gets fixed!

and the performance lol
1..00 build CP 2077 , geforce experience give at 1080p , only hight setting , fog al low setting , no cloud ..
1.63 build CP 2077 , geforce experience give at 1080p , RT medium setting , dlss quality , fog on ultra , cloud ultra
2.00 build CP 2077 , geforce experience give at 1080p , same setting as for CP 2077 1.00 ^^

this is progress of technology
for one new feature , "immersive police" , we're back as the same state at 2020 , buggy game , hoorible performance

there's no gap graphics 1.63 vs 2.00 ...
What's even more wild is that people are praising CDPR for delivering the game 2+ years late and sprinkling in more bugs too.

I noticed that CDPR mandated that reviewers for Liberty Phantom used their pre-recorded B roll as opposed to actual review footage, just like what they did when they launched Cyberpunk :LOL:

What's even more wild is that people are praising CDPR for delivering the game 2+ years late and sprinkling in more bugs too.

I noticed that CDPR mandated that reviewers for Liberty Phantom used their pre-recorded B roll as opposed to actual review footage, just like what they did when they launched Cyberpunk :LOL:
the most crazy think
player need to monotoring , debugg the game
i've spend more 3 days to fix those damn temp keep rising over 85°C both my cpu/GPU
tested each setting one by one , benchmark , utility i ise as a freelancer on game industry i usually use
some RT still boken , but fxing on ndvia control planel to set power management GPU to "define by drivers " , active ( the auto don't work ) multi thread , cap fps on ndvia control ( forcing it ) , in -game the cap fps seems broken .. , ...
that's quite funny indeed , player now days after 3 years need to do soft/heavy tweak to avoid the game forcing your computer on a certain constant hight state ..

after doing this , i get on my laptop ( acer nitro well know for hoverheating ) to stuck at 65°c average , apart that damn scripterd task ilike as launch , some peak temp , but its only 75 max .. not anymore that constant 80 .. 87 on GPU and over 90° peak on cpu

i send plenty times over post on this forum , the power draw , temp without fix by player isn't a minor issues :)
and tested last drivers ndvia both on 1.63 and 2.00 , only 2.00 have those issues .

Top Bottom