(Mostly Automatic Love) Relic Bug

+
I got it from the Panam questline, when we speak to Johnny after the interrogation. Tried every little thing I remembered and found in the internet.
Its so annoying and makes my head hurt after playing for an hour, really game breaking glitch. I remember before 2.0 there were several fixes to this bug, and instead of deleting the bug out the game CDPR deleted the fixes. Its literally unplayable

well, this happened to me after Clouds.

I reloaded a game just before Clouds (i make a manual save before mayor events or missions) and went on with my life doing other things.

I did "Gimme Danger" with Takemura, leveled up some more by doing random gigs and stuff, then did Panams questline to get Hellmann

Did a bit more random stuff and decided to try Clouds again, so I went there, made a few saves just in case and completed it. BUG DID NOT OCCUR

So, if you had this happen to you and you can reload a save from before, just go do other stuff for a while, level up a bit, do Takemuras and Panams quests maybe and then try Clouds again.

That being said, I hope they fix this fast!

Hi Guys, i can confirm bug is fixed for me with 15 Minutes of Playtime

you have do to this 2 quests (vendor machine right outside mega building M10) You can push the quests forther with quick travel to your apparment and sleep 24 hours. After seond quest completed bug was gone even after reload it works (tested on PS5) Hope that also works for you

you have do to this 2 quests (vendor machine right outside mega building M10) You can push the quests forther with quick travel to your apparment and sleep 24 hours. After seond quest completed bug was gone even after reload it works (tested on PS5) Hope that also works for you

This actually works!

Yep getting bug too
Did EVYTHNG could think of Short of deleting the game
To.tink just payed for dlc for a semi unplayable game
Post automatically merged:

SO I got fix reload save before talking to Johnny after elevator, let entire conversation play out don't skip any dialogue

Last edited:

Can confirm the bug is gone PC after I reproduced the exact same steps, even after reloading. Since this issue occurs on all platforms and the solution has been successfully tested on PS5 and PC, I assume the same solution should apply to other platforms as well

Yep getting bug too
Did EVYTHNG could think of Short of deleting the game
To.tink just payed for dlc for a semi unplayable game

SO I got fix reload save before talking to Johnny after elevator, let entire conversation play out don't skip any dialogue
Made an account just to say thank you. Works like a treat

Have the same issue. Very frustrating. I tried loading previous saves, but none of them fix the issue. The only save that actually fixes my problem; is loading a save game before updating to 2.0. This sets me back around 20 hours of gameplay. Please fix this. We paid money for this game and I will not spend days on end playing just to hit a bug and then be expected to backtrack and start all over again.

I have same relic malfunction bug on PS5 .... Do not have a save prior "Automatic Love." Tend to save after missions are complete to be on safe side plus thought some interaction in game would make visual effect go away. Several hours past. Shocking to see this glitch bug has been in game for years ! ! ! Evidently new patch made old methods to fix no longer work. Please please please make this a priority to fix.

Exactly. I don't even have a save during that mission anymore as I'm further into the game and thought it would eventually go away. Safe to say I was wrong and now I have to deal with constant glitch noises, a buggy screen and map, and some weird basketball bouncing over and over. Was very excited for 2.0 thinking it would be a smooth experience. Almost 3 years later it still has game-breaking bugs. I gave them another chance to play this game and I can confidently say I've been disappointed once again. Can't believe I already spent 30 hours into the game just to end up having the most annoying bug ever. Feels like torture to my eyes and ears. Either they fix this 3-year-old bug in the coming days or I'll have no choice but to delete this game and never purchase a CD Project Red game again.
Ditto ... one tip to at least help is under setting there is a feature to turn off the controller grinding sound effect. I'm suffering as well with about 25 hours in. Already coming off negative experience because I beat game years ago multiple times to get different endings and in the process it corrupted save file. Had every vehicle unable summon and no weapons available and no fast travel. Doing brand new playthrough after year break and this happens :./

After I played Automatic Love, I had the relic malfunction pop up when I was coughing up blood at the end of the mission. I assumed the noise, buggy shaky screen would only last a few seconds? I've been playing other main story missions and it still hasn't stopped after many hours. This was my new character for update 2.0 and I've gotten pretty far into the story I don't think I can continue with the relic malfunction screen continuously shaking my screen with annoying noise. I need a fix or a patch because I had many days off lined to play this game again and now I don't even think it is possible as the relic malfunction bug is ruining the experience.
If you go into settings you can at least turn off the controller vibration grating sounds. I am hours past that dialogue so I am doomed as well. Read someone said they killed themselves in game with a grenade that fixed it so I plan on trying that tonight.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next patch will be out? Will it be included when Phantom Liberty releases?

For me the glitch has been fixed after completing the quest 'Search and Destroy' after talking to the proxy doll telling you to meet hanako at embers, while talking to Johnny outside it seems to have fixed during the many relic glitches walking down the outside hallway when you wake up with the red pills in hand.

Hi, I too am in the same situation as you, 16 hours of games, I am waiting for a patch to resume the story, the controller which vibrates constantly and the horrible effect on the screen, how is it possible to have a bug like this?

Holy smokes, i've had this bug for like 10+ hours and this worked a treat. I'd tried everything and thought this was a long shot. Thank you so much!

Top Bottom