BUGS after Patch 2.1

+
Why CD Project Red support page still broken? I spent an hour gathering relevant data for my bug report only to find I cannot submit any bug report at all, even if I drop the dxdiag and the save files. My xmod 2 weapon turned to junk in my inventory. But no support is available from CD Project red. guess I won't bother to finish Phantom Liberty now. (feeling ripped off)

What do you mean by "you cannot get any saved games to work"?
Your saves appear corrupted? incompatibles? Do not appear at all? It's save created on your PC or on your Series X?
I'm on Series X and game+expansion work fine.

PS : To contact the support, it's on the official page ;)
Thank you for the reply!

On my Xbox, on PC i have no issues but don't have the DLC on PC.

They just crash constantly, either on load or i can get in and within about 20 seconds it freezes and kicks me back to the dashboard :(

I've tried to load older saves, not use auto saves.

I appreciate having issues but this seems well documented. If it's a known issue or bug then they could at least release a statement for a hotfix. As a software dev, i get it. They've got a lot on but this literally renders the game useless for some of us. It's a pretty urgent to fix bug :(

EDIT: Nvm i can see that contact now, i've been bounced around so many pages but i'm pretty sure that form wasn't there.

Just finished the preparation of my "NG+" savefile... rushed through act 1, grinded my ass off with only fighting streetthugs - no mission, no sidequest, ncpd hustle or cyberpsycho touched, entered PL rushed until "this corrosion" without any sidemissions or Hands gigs (aside the 3 you need to progress msq) touched as well to play EVERYTHING in base game & PL with the Canto MK6 at hand... but have to pause just because this corrosion is bugged and reactivates the black steel mission out of nowhere : /

yet i know pc player might think "what a unnecessary effort just spawn that thing via console command dude..." but well for me on console it was a wild and more or less enjoyable ride (pointing on you 2.1...) up to this point ^^ now im sitting on this lvl 60 save waiting for a patch to continue my personal "NG+" - which most likely wont happen before mid/end of january 2024.

So all there is left to say "Merry Xmas Night City & a bugfree new year".

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply!

They just crash constantly, either on load or i can get in and within about 20 seconds it freezes and kicks me back to the dashboard :(

I appreciate having issues but this seems well documented. If it's a known issue or bug then they could at least release a statement for a hotfix. As a software dev, i get it. They've got a lot on but this literally renders the game useless for some of us. It's a pretty urgent to fix bug :(

EDIT: Nvm i can see that contact now, i've been bounced around so many pages but i'm pretty sure that form wasn't there.
Ok, so you load a save created on your Xbox, it doesn't matter if the expansion was installed/activeon your save, it should work (the opposite wouldn't) and the game freeze/crash.
It's "old" saves? or 2.0+ saves? (not sure you can load without issue a save created in 1.0 at release on the game in 2.1...)

Not sure it will help, but did you try to clear the cache (I assume yes, it's pretty much the only thing you can do^^).
Unplugging method, works on any Xbox:
1. Power down your Xbox using the Xbox controller or the Power Off button on your Xbox
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of your Xbox
3. Wait at least two minutes
4. Plug the cable back into your Xbox
5. Turn your Xbox back on
Software method, works only on Xbox Series X:
1. Press the glowing Xbox button on your controller
2. Scroll right to Profile & system
3. Select Settings with the A button
4. Select Devices & Connections > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage
5. Select Clear Persistent Storage
You could contact the support here if you didn't, I think it's the right category.

Ok, so you load a save created on your Xbox, it doesn't matter if the expansion was installed/activeon your save, it should work (the opposite wouldn't) and the game freeze/crash.
It's "old" saves? or 2.0+ saves? (not sure you can load without issue a save created in 1.0 at release on the game in 2.1...)

Not sure it will help, but did you try to clear the cache (I assume yes, it's pretty much the only thing you can do^^).

You could contact the support here if you didn't, I think it's the right category.
It's technically a 2.1 save which is weird from what i'm reading. I've tried everything, i even did the 'reset my xbox but keep my games' to fully clear out any cache but same issue.

It's odd that it's only happened after about 7 hours of game time. It did happen once before near the start but then never again. It's rendered all my saves useless sadly.

I've sent support a video of it happening. It's very inconsistent, can happen on a loading screen, 20 seconds into the game but it really hates any saved game.

I did a fresh new gameplay on Xbox SXS (v2.1), finished the main and PL mission plus some side/gigs and I can't trigger any of the new additions like the Trauma team encounter, the BFC 9000, Arasaka dead body etc... But on an old save (2.02 updated to 2.1) everything work as intended.

It's technically a 2.1 save which is weird from what i'm reading. I've tried everything, i even did the 'reset my xbox but keep my games' to fully clear out any cache but same issue.

It's odd that it's only happened after about 7 hours of game time. It did happen once before near the start but then never again. It's rendered all my saves useless sadly.

I've sent support a video of it happening. It's very inconsistent, can happen on a loading screen, 20 seconds into the game but it really hates any saved game.
Ok, annoying :(
I hope you receive a quick answer from the support (I'm not very confident December 18th...). But they will probably ask you to share your save(s), so keep them in any case.
I didn't play a lot in 2.1, about 10/15 hours, but I may have been lucky not to have encountered any problems.

I hope you receive a quick answer from the support (I'm not very confident December 18th...). But they will probably ask you to share your save(s), so keep them in any case.
I didn't play a lot in 2.1, about 10/15 hours, but I may have been lucky not to have encountered any problems.
Actually, surprisingly they are still working, I recieved replies from support both on friday and today as well about my bug reports.

I can't trigger any of the new additions like the Trauma team encounter, the BFC 9000, Arasaka dead body etc... But on an old save (2.02 updated to 2.1) everything work as intended.
hmm they are poorly scripted anyways.... the bfc9k for example is a one-spawn only event if you miss it its gone forever - saying this even the chase with takamura in act 2 might spawn it making it unobtainable from the get go.... dunno if trauma and the ninja events are also just one-spawn only events but i guess they are

I really appreciate your help though and for pointing me in the right direction for support!

Hopefully they get back to me soon, appreciate it is near Christmas period though :)

Thank you for the reply!

If youve modded your game, especially messed around in the archive folder or TweakDB, loading a save game on consoles will crash the game. I had similar problems, I fixed it by removing mods on the PC and then saving. Cloud save worked again on my console. If you havnt modded your game on PC, then ignore this message.

Hello, I have been grinding car contracts whenever I've been playing with the hopes of unlocking "Hellhound". I currently have all vehicles unlocked with that being the last one and it just will not unlock. I've done about 5 or so contracts with that being the only locked vehicle.

Posted about it on another thread but I'm having an issue with neck seams again since the update. My old mod I had to fix it before it was initially fixed now is broken in its own way and causes really bad clipping with the clothes, so not sure what to do. Huge bummer cause I love photo mode and this being an issue has stopped me from wanting to play completely until it's fixed. Attached some screenshots as an example. Last one shows the clothes clipping that comes as a side effect of the mod that fixes the seams.

Attachments

• photomode_18122023_185633.png
    photomode_18122023_185633.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • photomode_18122023_185521.png
    photomode_18122023_185521.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • photomode_18122023_185506.png
    photomode_18122023_185506.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • photomode_18122023_185318.png
    photomode_18122023_185318.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Hello, I have been grinding car contracts whenever I've been playing with the hopes of unlocking "Hellhound". I currently have all vehicles unlocked with that being the last one and it just will not unlock. I've done about 5 or so contracts with that being the only locked vehicle.
Even if you do complete enough contracts I believe that vehicle is currently unobtainable. Phantom Liberty vehicles that were not part of the 2.1 patch are bugged and not added to the call list when bought.

this corrosion is bugged and reactivates the black steel mission out of nowhere : /
Yeah I reported it too, seem's like it's linked with the MaxTac data shard. In my playtrough the shard keep getting added to my inventory, I can sell it, put it in my stash or decompose it, it's always black. I'll wait for a fix to finish this corrosion.

Seriously, I love this game. The topic is very interesting and I think the new DLC brings a breath of fresh air. the atmosphere is nerve-wracking! I currently have two suggestions for improvement for you: 1. If you open the NCART message in an elevator and close the phone, a cutscene begins through which you bug through the elevator. 2. When Panam tells you that she likes Kerry's new song, it is very difficult to read her answer because the text of the answer is too long for the interface. I hope this helps and good luck with fixing it ;)

Hello,

Do you think we'll have any more patches and bug fixes now that 2.1 is out?

I was looking forward to the game long before it came out. At the time, I even bought an Xbox One X, to play it in better conditions than on a simple Xbox One. I bought the game when it came out, but when I saw the state it was in, I decided to wait for it to be repaired. I also waited until I could play it on a next-generation console. I literally waited 3 years and the release of Phantom Liberty (which I pre-ordered) to be able to play it. I started at the beginning of November, but after a few hours of play, I stopped because all my cyberware was broken (the stats went downhill after tier 3), and I was encountering other problems. So I waited for the release of 2.1, but the game still has problems that I find annoying. I don't have access to Tier 5++ for all my weapons and cyberware, some passive skills (netrunner, shinobi, etc) just don't work. Some groups of enemies literally disappear while I'm in combat with them. I have a lot of sound bugs, since the implementation of the portable radio. Many objects only appear if I'm REALLY close to them. The same goes for lights in certain buildings, or certain screens that only light up if I'm very close. I become a gang magnet as soon as I'm in a vehicle (some attacks could be fun, but here it's non-stop). I'm not sure how the game was graphically before 2.0, but some things seem aberrant (pop in and pop out, some very pixelated smoke effects, some enemies disappearing into walls). I really want to like the game, but here, too many things spoil my enjoyment (especially the stuff related to improving skills or equipment). I've stopped playing it again, hoping for the next patch, but I'm not sure there will be one. If they leave the game in this state, I find it hard to see this as redemption, and I'm not sure I'll have the motivation to pick it up again. Still, I think it's the game I've most wanted to play in my entire gaming life. I must admit I'm a little disappointed. I've already contacted support to report a few problems. Do you think there's any chance they'll fix these problems? At least the most annoying ones?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello,

Do you think we'll have any more patches and bug fixes now that 2.1 is out?

I was looking forward to the game long before it came out. At the time, I even bought an Xbox One X, to play it in better conditions than on a simple Xbox One. I bought the game when it came out, but when I saw the state it was in, I decided to wait for it to be repaired. I also waited until I could play it on a next-generation console. I literally waited 3 years and the release of Phantom Liberty (which I pre-ordered) to be able to play it. I started at the beginning of November, but after a few hours of play, I stopped because all my cyberware was broken (the stats went downhill after tier 3), and I was encountering other problems. So I waited for the release of 2.1, but the game still has problems that I find annoying. I don't have access to Tier 5++ for all my weapons and cyberware, some passive skills (netrunner, shinobi, etc) just don't work. Some groups of enemies literally disappear while I'm in combat with them. I have a lot of sound bugs, since the implementation of the portable radio. Many objects only appear if I'm REALLY close to them. The same goes for lights in certain buildings, or certain screens that only light up if I'm very close. I become a gang magnet as soon as I'm in a vehicle (some attacks could be fun, but here it's non-stop). I'm not sure how the game was graphically before 2.0, but some things seem aberrant (pop in and pop out, some very pixelated smoke effects, some enemies disappearing into walls). I really want to like the game, but here, too many things spoil my enjoyment (especially the stuff related to improving skills or equipment). I've stopped playing it again, hoping for the next patch, but I'm not sure there will be one. If they leave the game in this state, I find it hard to see this as redemption, and I'm not sure I'll have the motivation to pick it up again. Still, I think it's the game I've most wanted to play in my entire gaming life. I must admit I'm a little disappointed. I've already contacted support to report a few problems. Do you think there's any chance they'll fix these problems? At least the most annoying ones?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Yes, there will be more bug fixes and patches, probably sometime in january will be the next patch I would guess. ;)

Top Bottom