[SOLVED] GPU rendered cutscenes missing @ custom resolutions

+
[SOLVED] GPU rendered cutscenes missing @ custom resolutions

Using a Samsung DLP, because of overscanning that cannot be turned off on this DLP model (nor firmware update from Samsung), to avoid cropping desktop and game resolutions have to be set at 1184x658. First thing I notice is the opening sequence (not a movie, but a GPU rendered cutscene) is missing, the load screen fades to black - then comes back up with narration/text over the load screen. ESC to game and it's fine (gameplay normal no issues). Changing game resolution to any standard resolution (1280x720, 1024x768, etc) and the cutscene displays properly, but is then subject to overscan or black borders. File/movie based cutscenes play fine.Running Windows 7 x64 Phenom 9750 4GB RAM Nvidia GTX260 (and Vista compatibility mode, otherwise game CTD often). Nvidia Driver version 190.62. witcher.exe also set "run as administrator".Is this issue with nonstandard resolutions limited to Win7? Is there a way to fix this without needing to change resolutions at every cutscene to see them?

FYI in the meantime I have discovered that this issue dissapears when the custom resolution maintains an aspect ratio exactly 16x9, nor is it an isse with higher custom resolutions approaching 1080p and above. I settled on running the resolution @ 1184x666, which is close enough for this DLP that cropping/borders are not noticable and is an exact 16x9 aspect. A workaround in my case is close enough to work, though this particular resolution may not work for other TVs with various amounts of overscan.

Top Bottom