CDPR announced a release of a mobile game for 2014

+
Isn't this the board game for tablets?

I seriously hope the "2 minor games" previously inferred aren't for mobiles, 'cos I won't be buying.

I don't have a smartphone, nor do I care to get one. Sorry CDPR this is an area I can't follow you to.

It's probably the digital edition of the Witcher adventure game. I have to confess I find some mobile games to be genuinely creative and fun.

Anomaly Warzone Earth and sequels, for instance, are AWESOME on a touchscreen.

We are entering a new business model scares me. I hope CD Projekt RED don't include Ads, In App Purchases (IAP) or microtranmsactions. Also I hope this mobile phone video game gets released for Windows, Linux, and MAC for sale as well because not all of us have mobile phones, smart phones or whatever you want to call them. I only purchase my video games on PC. Exclusivity sucks badly.

From their blog: http://cdpred.com/
In regards to the recent news about our mobile game, we would like to shed some light on this topic. We know that sometimes mobile games can be perceived as unfair and shallow. Because of that, we decided to conduct an experiment and create something that would both embody our core values and be fun to play. That game is being developed by a special task force which is an independent team, in no way related to the devs working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. There will be time to talk about various details of this project in the future so please stay tuned for the official announcement.

Or Angry Harpies? Or Bewitchered?

But seriously, modern mobile games are more than isolated puzzles or time wasters. Some of them are real, serious video games, like many games available for the other type of mobile devices (PS Vita, 3DS). I've played a few that are very impressive, among them Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Room, Contre Jour, Kingdom Rush, Shadowrun Returns and Frozen Synapse. These are all actual video games, that take several hours to play through and that happen to use a touchscreen, most of them in very creative ways. There even some 3D games like Bladeslinger and Ravensword: Shadowlands that look like PC or console games from only a few years ago. Not my style but I have to agree: they are full fledged video games alright.

If CDPR licenses products such as The Witcher Adventure Game for a mobile release, I don't see a problem with it. Especially if it makes wireless and mobile gaming more accessible (imagine starting a session with coworkers or buddies virtually anywhere). I just hope these games will not be exclusive to the Play Store. The Humble Store already offers a bunch of DRM free games for tablets and smartphones and that would be a good place to sell too. If it really is that good, I wouldn't mind an eventual desktop release.

Well, I'm happy for it as long as it is a fully payed game without any kind of free-to-play model. And I'd buy Witcher 1 for tablet, but it is not happening. But even in the state it is, it would be fully playable with the look from above. I tried it through Onlive streaming and it worked very well.

Well I'm not going to write it off, though I'm not sure my Kindle Fire will be able to play it since they're talking about it being cutting edge. At the very least it'll get them more money for game development.

If CDPR wants to release a mobile game, I'm not on board. If they release this game on both the mobile and the PC then I'll be alright with it, as a mid-tier game will sell well on gog. So please CDPR release this game on the PC, and by doing that you won't be throwing your fanbase under the bus.

CDPR is releasing a mobile game, one doesn't like mobile games so they don't play it.....

I don't see the problem.

CDPR is releasing a mobile game, one doesn't like mobile games so they don't play it.....

I don't see the problem.

I understand your statement, but sometimes ppl are big fans of developers and they want to play all their games. Also what-if this is a mid-tier game that ties-in with The Witcher, how will fans play the game?

Top Bottom