Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I get a very strong Skyrim vibe from much of what we've been shown in DA:I so far, for fuck sake they took the bloody navigation bar from the top in Elder Scrolls and put into their game, that's blatant copying.

Also Dragons and Giants roaming the land.

I get a very strong Skyrim vibe from much of what we've been shown in DA:I so far, for fuck sake they took the bloody navigation bar from the top in Elder Scrolls and put into their game, that's blatant copying.

OMG! If you're right.....

I've barely kept up with the game so I hadn't seen that yet. That might make my decision for me...

@Costin
Don't quote me on that, but I read they changed what they originally planned (compass like Skyrim) to bring back a sort of minimap.

I don't understand: there are dragons and trolls in TW games. Even good games or very good ones, are generic. There were dragons in Dragon Age before Skyrim.
There will be swords and fireballs, squeletons and undead, thieves, giant spiders, possessed people, dark magic and taverns.
Glad to hear and read you seem to have changed most of your expectations of the game though.

Last edited:
@Costin

I don't understand: there are dragons and trolls in TW games. Even good games or very good ones, are generic. There were dragons in Dragon Age before Skyrim.
There will be swords and fireballs, squeletons and undead, thieves, giant spiders, possessed people, dark magic and taverns.
Glad to hear and read you seem to have changed most of your expectations of the game though.

It's not about items but the way the player can use them through an original, deep and awsome story well related of an amazing world.

Breifing: the game.

@Costin
Don't quote me on that, but I read they changed what they originally planned (compass like Skyrim) to bring back a sort of minimap.

Finally, someone with sense!
@Costin You can't accuse the game for having dragons in a DA game and giants...that's silly. Almost every mythology has them and they are fantasy staples...what did you expect to see? Moreover, TW3 has them too.

Sure they(Dragon Age) has those enemies, but did they roam the land? I can't remember DAII nor do I want to but the dragons seemed to be pretty solitary creatures. Now I don't know first hand if they will since I'm not in the loop of the game, but if they do that'd be pretty copy-y.

Witcher 3? Has a dragon been confirmed? I must of not heard or there might not be one, considering their very endangered status. And sure we saw the frost troll. But cdpr doesn't thrive on those. They know all about moderation. Only three trolls(which did not have to be fought) and one dragon in witcher 2.

And I want this game to do good but only if the game itself is good. The opposition does have sense, believe it or not.

A fantasy RPG without any kind of Dragon? that sounds weird.... That theory of copy and paste can be real but not backed up by the alleged copy of the genuine elements of fantasy games.

Dragon Age has dragons in it since 2004.
If there was only one High Dragon in DA2, there were many more dragons in DA2. But, unlike DA:O, dragons weren't part of the plot.

@Costin You can't accuse the game for having dragons in a DA game and giants...that's silly. Almost every mythology has them and they are fantasy staples...what did you expect to see? Moreover, TW3 has them too.

I can accuse it of ripping off Skyrim which had roaming Dragons and Giants. Giant enemies that you fought for loot and XP.

Every Dragon in DA so far has had some kind of story to it.

Last edited:
and deers and rabbits and snow and butterflies

bears, rats, dogs, spiders and wolves are yet to be announced

Great Trailer.

Guys which character class will you play first? I will play a badass mage. It was my favorite class in DA1. ;)

Top Bottom