Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alliance and betrayals are a must. If you enter into an alliance/contract for a mission you should be able to suddenly betray them and reap the rewards/consequences! It's a rough world out there and sometime you just gotta look out for your own interests.

This, I like!

I think good AI is on everybodys wish list. And I certainly don't want any psychic guards knowing exactly what I have and haven't stolen when there aren't any witnesses... *cough-Bethesda-cough*

Last edited:
Alliance and betrayals are a must. If you enter into an alliance/contract for a mission you should be able to suddenly betray them and reap the rewards/consequences! It's a rough world out there and sometime you just gotta look out for your own interests.

Fine and dandy, BUT, there should also be future repercussions.
Will you get another job offer after betraying your last employer?
Will the employer you screwed take action to redress the issue?
If you can betray everyone and no one else reacts to it I'd say ... no.

Fine and dandy, BUT, there should also be future repercussions.
Will you get another job offer after betraying your last employer?
Will the employer you screwed take action to redress the issue?
If you can betray everyone and no one else reacts to it I'd say ... no.

That's just it. If you decide to betray someone then you'd better have a bloody good reason and some reasonable expectation that you can keep the shitstorm to a minimum.

I think good AI is on everybodys wish list. And I certainly don't want any psychic guards knowing exactly what I have and haven't stolen when there aren't any witnesses... *cough-Bethesda-cough*

Not just Bethesda, Rockstar is also guilty of this. I don't know how many times I've hidden in GTA5 in some obscure alley way, yet the cops always seem to pull over and have a look right down where I am even though there's 5 other ways I could've went. That really bugged me seeing as there was no helicopter or people around to tell them where I went so I just put it down to unbelievable AI.

Yeah, the cops in gta v really do bug the crap out of me.... they are the most poorly implemented aspect...

As for betrayal... I can't say I am keen on it actually, not that I don't think it's valid, just that I am goddamn tired of it... I am tired of it being treated as an exceptable way to do things... Reality shows, nothing but backstabbing scum, glorified....

Just really absolutely sick of people being douchebags and being rewarded for it...

Yeah I know its a game, and I know my opinion on this matter means nothing... but everytime that behavior is rewarded, it just reinforces it...

But Wis, it's Cyberpunk. Betrayal is a huge part of the genre. And that goes both for the runner and their employers.

He totally knows that. Of course he knows that.

But Wisdom likes HEROES. Him and Kevin Siembieda, maker of RIFTS. HEROES. Not betrayers.

It's so cute. Let's all condescend to him in unison:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

Just really absolutely sick of people being douchebags and being rewarded for it...
I think it could still be an option, but having it give drawbacks, like having people trusting you less the more you betray or things of this nature

------------------------------------------------
a feature I'd like to have would be taking 3-D screenshots, so you can model your own character in an editor (like blender) and then print it on a 3d printer, I think it could be great to add this to a photo/video tool.

Last edited:
He totally knows that. Of course he knows that.

But Wisdom likes HEROES. Him and Kevin Siembieda, maker of RIFTS. HEROES. Not betrayers.

I like heroes too ... they're great to watch in movies and read about.
Wait ... you meant be or play one?

I take it you've never heard the military definition of a hero:
Anyone lucky enough to be missed while doing something stupid.

Or:
Being a hero is about the shortest-lived profession on earth.
Will Rogers

As for betrayal... I can't say I am keen on it actually, not that I don't think it's valid, just that I am goddamn tired of it... I am tired of it being treated as an exceptable way to do things... Reality shows, nothing but backstabbing scum, glorified....

Yeah I know its a game, and I know my opinion on this matter means nothing... but everytime that behavior is rewarded, it just reinforces it...

Douchebags pretty much rule the world. ^^

I'd really like to see death have a real weight to it. Part of what made Deckard quit hunting skinjobs was how human they acted. I want to feel awful when I gun down a synth who was pleading for it's life. I want the sound design for the guns to have real impact and really instill fear when pulling the trigger. I want a corp hacker to choke and sputter if I hit him with a flechette round center mast at a few meters. I think gore on the scale of Soldier Of Fortune 2 with a next gen treatment would really drive this home. I hope the animations are diverse, well acted and don't suffer from super speed a la Titanfall. I think once we see some rendered environments the community will have a bead on if the tone feels right or not. Please include many subtle nods to classic cyberpunk literature (Snow Crash, Neuromancer, Ready Player One) as well as other seminal cyberpunk works (Blade Runner, Hardware, Johnny Mnemonic) so that you may appease those of us who have loved the genre since it's inception. Instead of a frenetic and dizzying gameplay experience like shadowrun tried to do leave room for calculated, tactical and sequentially well thought out attacks.

Last edited:
Also: PLEASE GIVE THE HACKING INTERFACE A COMMAND LINE I cannot stress this enough to retain feeling like you're actually throwing in commands that you have to memorize. Maybe a simstim and microsofts management interface with the equipment/inventory system which you can upgrade your trodes/gear?

Also: PLEASE GIVE THE HACKING INTERFACE A COMMAND LINE I cannot stress this enough to retain feeling like you're actually throwing in commands that you have to memorize.

We should dig up/restart a thread on what we'd like out 2077 Netrunning. This would be very high on my list.

Also: PLEASE GIVE THE HACKING INTERFACE A COMMAND LINE I cannot stress this enough to retain feeling like you're actually throwing in commands that you have to memorize.

What would be the point?
Why make a game mechanic intentionally hard to use?

Also: PLEASE GIVE THE HACKING INTERFACE A COMMAND LINE I cannot stress this enough to retain feeling like you're actually throwing in commands that you have to memorize. Maybe a simstim and microsofts management interface with the equipment/inventory system which you can upgrade your trodes/gear?

Definitely. A mix of command line and virtual scripting would make for some interesting game play.

What would be the point?
Why make a game mechanic intentionally hard to use?

Maybe an optional command line a la Uplink? If somehow the hacking interface looked and felt like Uplink with a body monitor in the lower third or something to that effect I think navigating the net would be really cool.

I think you'd have a GUI interface, but you could go right to command line if you knew the commands. Wasteland 2 does this for chat options.

As for making it hard to use, that's a question of challenge and reward. Learning and employing the behind-the-scenes aspect of hacking can feel quite rewarding. I've heard.

Much the same as why people don't like auto-aim in their shooty games.

what I think could be nice would be, for completing a hacking mission, you could do it with the gui, but would get a bonus for completing the mission with command line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom