Our Community Fan Translations

+
Is it possible to edit these documents? I come across grammar mistakes during the read, and while they're never something significant that doesn't allow you to understand the event in general, I still feel that the translations could be improved, in good spirit :) I wouldn't mind doing it as I read through them. Well, "it", seeing as I'm on the last book.

I'm actually working on editing the novels. I made notes of just about every mistake (fixing the quotation mark problems, too) I saw while reading. It'll be a slow process, but I plan on having all books done way before the third game comes out.
While I was reading the fan translation I made some fixes, especially in the last one, but I have the older version (not single file but chapters), If you need help I'm here :)

Is it possible to edit these documents? I come across grammar mistakes during the read, and while they're never something significant that doesn't allow you to understand the event in general, I still feel that the translations could be improved, in good spirit :) I wouldn't mind doing it as I read through them. Well, "it", seeing as I'm on the last book.

Grammar mistakes in , my, translations?
i Dont' thikn so
:)

While I was reading the fan translation I made some fixes, especially in the last one, but I have the older version (not single file but chapters), If you need help I'm here :)

I appreciate the offer and I'll be sure to message you if I run into problems. That last book was killing me so hard. I made 1,560 notes in that one alone. I'm also editing from the original files because there were some edits made in the .mobi versions that I didn't really like. The removal of the * * * in the chapters really threw me off.

Season of Storms english translation?

Hello merry folk of the Witcher forums !! Since its been a few months since Sezon Burz was released, I was wondering if an english fan translation has already been made and if so anybody has a link to it. Thanks a lot in advance and cheers to all! :cheers:

Hello merry folk of the Witcher forums !! Since its been a few months since Sezon Burz was released, I was wondering if an english fan translation has already been made and if so anybody has a link to it. Thanks a lot in advance and cheers to all! :cheers:
@Kodaemon said he might attempt to translate it during the summer, if he has time. No full translation yet though.

Since The Witcher have spread the interest for the saga written by Andrzej Sapkowski all over the world, more and more English readers want to enjoy the stories in this language.

Fortunately, there are many members with creativity, talent, willingness to make us happy, and some of them are doing very well with the art of writing. More fortunately, these kind members have decided to share with us stories from Andrzej Sapkowski's books, translated in English, just to raise the appetite until the publishers give us the whole work.

I 'll put them together in this topic, because such love and devotion can't be unnoticed.

If i miss something, please, let me know.

MOD: Please, let us know if one of these links is outdated or invalid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update by Zhander, 28. March 2013.

Here are all my edited and revised versions:
All links are from Google Docs.
HTML versions need to be downloaded in order to be viewed properly - Just download & open with word or your browser.
For PDF: Open HTML file with Word (or whatever you use) and save as PDF for a PDF.
HTML versions can easily be converted into an epub file by using the program Calibre (that's how I made the mobi files).

Hope my contribution was worth it : )

Things changed:

•Name changes & spelling fixed (Jaskier = Dandelion, Sheala de Tancarville = S

I downloaded The Sword Of Destiny but the story order differs from that I find on the Wiki pages. Is there an order I should read these in? The reason I ask is because The Last Wish has chapters that seem connected in the form of The Voice Of Reason. Are there any similar stories in the sword of destiny that should be read in a particular order?

Thanks

I downloaded The Sword Of Destiny but the story order differs from that I find on the Wiki pages. Is there an order I should read these in? The reason I ask is because The Last Wish has chapters that seem connected in the form of The Voice Of Reason. Are there any similar stories in the sword of destiny that should be read in a particular order?

Thanks
What do you find on the Wiki pages? I checked and there's nothing wrong o_O Anyway, you can read the stories in the order you see in the book, this second book is not like The Last Wish. Avoiding spoilers, these stories are in chronological order, you'll understand that while reading the ending.

The Limits of the Possible
A Shard of Ice
The Eternal Fire
A Little Sacrifice
The Sword of Destiny
Something More

What do you find on the Wiki pages? I checked and there's nothing wrong o_O Anyway, you can read the stories in the order you see in the book, this second book is not like The Last Wish. Avoiding spoilers, these stories are in chronological order, you'll understand that while reading the ending.

The Limits of the Possible
A Shard of Ice
The Eternal Fire
A Little Sacrifice
The Sword of Destiny
Something More

I beg your pardon, it is as it should be. Not sure why I thought it was not so. Too much fisstech.

Does anyone know when the book after Baptism of Fire will be released in English? I think it's the Tower of the Swallows? :3
Plus, there is no English fan-translation of Season of Storms, right? just one chapter.

Does anyone know when the book after Baptism of Fire will be released in English? I think it's the Tower of the Swallows?

Yes, the next book is The Tower of the Swallow, I am not aware of a confirmed release date for it though.

Plus, there is no English fan-translation of Season of Storms, right? just one chapter.

Correct.

And yes here I am again, that link for "Something begins, something ends" is broken? can it be fixed I want to read it!!! > and yup I know it is somehow not canon right?

And yes here I am again, that link for "Something begins, something ends" is broken? can it be fixed I want to read it!!! > and yup I know it is somehow not canon right?
The Official wiki has that particular translation here

p.s. I meant to reply to tutux here (sorry it's not properly threaded)

Thank you so much!!! :)
Although, I'm a little confused is not that a single story? it was titled "Something ends, Something begins"? I've heard of A Road without Return but what is it lol where can I find it then?

Last edited:
Top Bottom