Watch_Dogs coming out on all "home consoles" this holiday season

+
Tbf, in most games, the jump button is pretty darn useless.

True, in most games, however in open world action games which promote themselves as being an exploratory experience, then jumping is pretty damn useful, and the inability to do so is pretty damn fucktarded.

Parkour without jumping.... yeah, makes sense....

You know what I mean. The game does it for you with multiple actions mapped to one button. It's basically Asscreed style so he'll be hurdling, jumping and climbing just fine. Sleeping Dogs did fine without a jump button.

You know what I mean. The game does it for you with multiple actions mapped to one button. It's basically Asscreed style so he'll be hurdling, jumping and climbing just fine. Sleeping Dogs did fine without a jump button.

except when you got stuck by the 2 foot shrubbery.....

except when you got stuck by the 2 foot shrubbery.....

Aaand died. Again. Grrr.

I wish I'd had more mobility in Sleeping Dogs, true. But I'd like to have the option to jump and crawl and climb everything in most games. It's not necessary for me to enjoy it, but it is a pleasant satisfaction when I can.

True, in most games, however in open world action games which promote themselves as being an exploratory experience, then jumping is pretty damn useful, and the inability to do so is pretty damn fucktarded.

they have something better, climbing and hurdling(context sensitive jump). but of course this isn't going to suddenly make what looks like a terrible game good.

no one really jumps over shrubs or bricks, they step over it, so it's smart game design to reflect this. adds to immersion.

no one really jumps over shrubs or bricks, they step over it, so it's smart game design to reflect this. adds to immersion.

Jumping animations in Third Person are often quite immersion-breaking. I'm looking at you, Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim and..well, you get it.

You either hop too low or long or, as you say, LEAP to clear a one foot hedge.

I'd like to see jumps that vary with how long you hold the button, depending on your Movement Allowance and Cyber, or are automated for hedge-steps.

And lots and lots and lots of beta testing for animations until it looks realistic.

Edit: SO.

I preordered the Deluxe Edition for PC today. ADMIRE ME.

Last edited:
@wisdom000

http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/American_Sports_Coupe

http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicles_in_Watch_Dogs

I have no doubt that Watch Dogs will be a good game in itself, I have no doubt of the talented and hardworking designers and codeslingers they have on Payroll, but this is why it's so phony when a multinational evil corporation like Ubisoft tries to be cyberpunk: Watch Dogs getting 5 different collectors editions none of which apparently have all the things. I think I've come up with the best way to advertise this: "Watch Dogs collectors editions, collect them all!" That crazy cashgrabbing attitude, yeah, that's the punk part of cyberpunk ¬¬.

My Hype for Watch Dogs was pretty high back at the reveal and has dwindled into nothingness at the start of this year, I think it has to do with how they have been trying to maintain the same hype for years with various methods. And as that video pointed out having so many collectors editions is just retarded. I guess there is something to be said for CDPR's approach of drip feeding until closer to release.

I like it!

I like the hacking.

I like the sneaking and shooting.

I like the city.

I DO NOT like the driving.

His voice is a little annoying.

Initial impressions, anyway.

the most interesting part of the game isn't even possible. i don't know who at kaspersky they consulted, maybe the secretary?

If you would have to compare it to other open world games that had this segment,what is it the closest to...GTA ,Saints Row or perhaps Sleeping Dogs?

GTA 4. Cars have that hefty sloppiness that GTA 4 had. HOWEVER - it's hard to say how much of this is the poor use of the graphics card. Guru3D did some testing and they report it really, really sucks up Vidcard memory, to little apparent gain.

So it lags, jumps and slows..really hard to get a feel for it.

On the bright side, someone tell @wisdom000 there is an actual damn cockpit view. You can even turn your head a bit. Very nice. Quite liking that.

I found it more playable in v-sync mode, though. OFF TO TWEAK.

GTA 4. Cars have that hefty sloppiness that GTA 4 had. HOWEVER - it's hard to say how much of this is the poor use of the graphics card. Guru3D did some testing and they report it really, really sucks up Vidcard memory, to little apparent gain.

So it lags, jumps and slows..really hard to get a feel for it.

On the bright side, someone tell @wisdom000 there is an actual damn cockpit view. You can even turn your head a bit. Very nice. Quite liking that.

I found it more playable in v-sync mode, though. OFF TO TWEAK.
Ok....I generally dislike driving in any openworld game so I guess I'll have to get use to this ...fuck.

Further update as I play:

Well.

It's 3:41 a.m. I just failed to stop some thug from blackmailing an IRA enforcer because I got too close. This after three tries at hiding a getaway car from the cops turned into a running helicopter shoot fest. Hint: hiding beats driving fast. Live and learn. Also, making cops run into bollards at high speed is still funny, twenty times later.
I finally made it to a gun store. Haven't used my gun, except on the escaped thug, which became a homicide. Oops. No one came screaming though, since it was suppressed, so..yeah. Bought an M415 for $7500 just in case, saw a sweet ACR and some other penile-enhancers.

Apparently, when I steal or "acquire" certain cars, I can then order them later. Very nice.

Top Bottom