witcher 1 not working on windows 8

+
Tommy said:
ok delete that shortcut you made for the game . Then open Computer and go to Program Files (X86) if you have a 64 bit system . If no Program Files (X86) exist then go to Program Files and open The Witcher then open the System folder locate the witcher exe and right click and send to desktop then as before add the (space) -dontForceMinReqs then apply and ok
ok i did that

miller008 said:
ok i did that
I`m getting the feeling that "F" is your cd-rom drive and not the place we want to be for your game installation files .

You need to go to your "C" drive then Program Files or Program Files (X86) then The Witcher Enhanced Edition then System

Tommy said:
I`m getting the feeling that "F" is your cd-rom drive and not the place we want to be for your game installation files .

You need to go to your "C" drive then Program Files or Program Files (X86) then The Witcher Enhanced Edition then System
that's the withcer system in program files (X86)

Yep "F" is your DVD drive . Since the game is installed you can remove the DVD you don`t need it since updating to the 1.5 patch and removing the Tages drivers . Delete the shortcut you made , remove the DVD . Once the DVD is removed then right click the witcher exe and select send to desktop and see if the F:\System is gone .

Tommy said:
Yep "F" is your DVD drive . Since the game is installed you can remove the DVD you don`t need it since updating to the 1.5 patch and removing the Tages drivers . Delete the shortcut you made , remove the DVD . Once the DVD is removed then right click the witcher exe and select send to desktop and see if the F:\System is gone .
it's gone

It was the DVD that was causing the issue . Now try this in your target line .
"C:\Program Files (X86)\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\System\witcher.exe" -dontForceMinReqs and retry the game .

Tommy said:
sorry about the late reply it works ^.^ thank you

Minimum System Requirements Not Met Windows 8.1

I have been getting the same error for a few months now and have almost given up on this game entirely. I downloaded this through steam on my HP DV6 AMD A8 laptop and it played fine. I built a desktop with the following specs.
ASUS MOBO M97A5 R2.0
AMD FX-8350 8 core processor
16GB Patriot Venom Xtreme Memory
originally I had a single XFX R7260x GPU and this game worked perfectly. Some of my newer games needed more power so I installed a second XFX R7260x and the Witcher started giving me the Minimum System Requirements Not Met. I tested this system with the original single card configuration and the error remained. The just in a the past week removed the R7 cards and replaced them with an MSi R9 280x GPU.
Like I said I had given up on The Witcher EE until recently I saw a special on the Witcher 2 on steam. I refuse to purchase the second one or the third one when it releases as I dont like skipping ahead in a series without playing the original.
I have tried the prefix that stops it from checking min reqs but in all honesty I feel like it is a real let down to purchase a copy of a game and have to suffer a play through that provides far less graphical detail than I need to. My system specs are beyond the requirements that are needed to keep this game looking its best. Please let me know if there is any other way to play this game the way it was meant to be played and seen or let me know if I just need to trash it and forget about any of the sequels. Thanks

Please help me too. My English is bad ssry.

I have Windows8 on my PC and can´t play witcher1. Same error as here Warning! minimum system requirements not meet. Have downloaded the patch1.5 but it can´t identify my witcher1 enh. version so nothing happens. Can´t update. what should i do?? works this to me too?? "C:\Program Files (X86)\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\System\witcher.exe" -dontForceMinReqs??? Please help me. have no steam version.

When you receive the "Can`t identify installed version" message it means that the game is already patched to 1.5
From where did you get the game ? What are your system specs ?

Hey Tommy,
I seem to be having the same problem with my Witcher 1 game not being able to play on Windows 8.

I bought my copy off of GOG.com
My system specs are:
OS - Windows 8.1
RAM - 16GB
Processor - AMD FX 8350
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Whenever I try to start the game a system error occurs:
The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Well I've tried reinstalling it, but I get the same error. could you help me out?
Thanks

Is there any way to get this game to run in 1080? I am forced to use the -Dontforceminreq command and it seems to limit the resolution. System specs are
AMD FX 8350
16GB RAM
MSi R9-280x

"Have you updated to the 1.5 patch and removed the Tages drivers ?"
2 questions, I think. I recently upgraded to Win8, and just tried to install and play Witcher1 also, and it got to the point for the Tages Driver, and would go no further, even clicking for it to run as Admin. How does one go about 'removing' the driver ? After clicking for it to run as admin a little window popped up with an error code of 1275. Do I have to un-install it, then when the window pops up asking what to do, click to have it open to the files, then right click to "Run as Administrator", to install the game? My system is quite capable to run Witcher1, since I had no trouble installing Witcher2, prior to trying to install Witcher1
Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
"Have you updated to the 1.5 patch and removed the Tages drivers ?"
2 questions, I think. I recently upgraded to Win8, and just tried to install and play Witcher1 also, and it got to the point for the Tages Driver, and would go no further, even clicking for it to run as Admin. How does one go about 'removing' the driver ? After clicking for it to run as admin a little window popped up with an error code of 1275. Do I have to un-install it, then when the window pops up asking what to do, click to have it open to the files, then right click to "Run as Administrator", to install the game? My system is quite capable to run Witcher1, since I had no trouble installing Witcher2, prior to trying to install Witcher1
Thanks in advance,
It`s quite simple really to remove the Tages drivers . After updating to the 1.5 patch then go here .
http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm
Then click the 5.5 towards the bottom of the page then choose either the 32 bit for 32 bit systems or 64 for 64 bit systems . After downloading and running the download file it will ask if you want to uninstall the tages drivers click yes and you are done . Now try running the game .

Yep Windows 8.1 leaves a bit of a sour taste , especially with that damn Smartscreen BS .

Sorry about that and before I forget I`m glad it`s working for you . ;)

Hi there, I also have windows 8 and wicher 1 doesn't run. I have a PC and video card GEFoce 9500 GT. Can you help me to solve this? Witcher 2 runs no problem... Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi there, I also have windows 8 and wicher 1 doesn't run. I have a PC and video card GEFoce 9500 GT. Can you help me to solve this? Witcher 2 runs no problem... Thank you for your help in advance!
What error or errors are you getting ?

Top Bottom